“Not really good for disabled”

Wyndham Indianapolis West
Ranked #78 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Not really good for disabled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

The disabled parking is at the front of the hotel, then they send you on what feels like a never ending walk to your room. When you get there the room is nothing special. Good job the bath is deep because you'll need it!. Serves its purpose. Wouldn't want an extended stay. It's just an average hotel.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Vandalia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Very nice facility. The breakfast for the price was a bit skimpy but the service was great. We stayed there over the weekend and the first morning we woke up no hot water in the whole hotel. They tried to make it right by offering free breakfast for that day. Hot water was restore by mid-afternoon. The room was great. The hotel was easy to find just off the expressway. Good value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I reserved a "standard double" room through Travelocity. When I checked in, the hotel staff gave me a parlor or meeting room with a Murphy bed. Two problems: First, the Murphy bed was stuck and would not come down from the wall. I had to call for someone from maintenance to get it unstuck. When the bed finally came out of the wall, only the box springs came down. The maintenance guy then pulled down the mattress and finally the sheets and comforter. He told me that he didn't make up beds and that I would have to wait for someone from housekeeping to come make up the bed. The housekeeping supervisor made up the bed but told me they had other rooms available and took me back to the front desk to ask for another room. They moved me to a "standard double" room like the one I had originally reserved. Second problem was that the room was hot--about 80 degrees--and neither the maintenance guy nor the housekeeping supervisor could figure out how to change the temperature on the thermostat. Even my new room had a couple of problems. First, the phone was dead. When I used my cell phone to call the extension listed for "room service" on the printed materials in the room, I was told that that was the wrong number for room service. It was the number for the cafe, but they did not accept room service orders.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I'm told there is a pretty good Courtyard by Marriott down the street...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John M

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

One of the first things I noticed was that there was trash in both trash cans in my room. The bathmat was fraying on one side, with threads hanging off the side. The shower curtain was filthy and disgusting and had holes in it. Closet door broken, toilet runs for 20 minutes as the tank fills very slowly. There was a washcloth missing, and I found it, used and wadded up -underneath the sink counter in the bathroom. It gave me the feeling that they do not clean their rooms here. The bedsheets were threadbare.

No way I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wrktravelr
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We reserved 4 rooms to have a family holiday get together and the hotel could not have been nicer or more helpful. The rooms have been recently redone as the hotel changed from being the Adam's Mark to Wyndham. Everything was clean and comfortable including the mattress. I rarely sleep in hotels, but I got great sleep for the two nights we were there.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor away from restaurants and meeting rooms. This was suggested by hotel staff...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OldDocI
Indianapolis, INdiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in November. I usually have a hard time sleeping through the night, but here I slept perfectly and woke up rested. The beds not only have wonderful downy duvets as comforters, but they also have feather beds between the mattress and sheets AND fabulous pillows, both hard and soft. I sunk into a heavenly cloud each night I went to bed and bought myself a feather bed for home when I left!
BTW, our group had at least 100 teenagers buying Starbucks each morning, but it was handled quickly and cheerfully by staffers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MediaKath
Baldwinsville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I booked this establishment for a course. we booked a large room with seating for 75. also reserved their facility for lunch service. they did a excellent job with the lunch.

had about 35 rooms booked, all my clientèle was pleased. we also booked a room to have for a meet and greet... again, great.

food at restaurant was fine. there business center is a little bit to be desired as I needed to do some printing, and it was inconvenient. ended up sending someone in the morning to print some stuff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business