New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Elkhart, Indiana
“Good place to sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Very clean hotel. Good night's sleep. Is near downtown so close to almost anything you want (sports, food, government...) Only downside is parking is expensive. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kimberly, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and nice. The hotel is beautiful. There were just a lot of little things that added up to make our stay less than I would have expected. Valet parking for hotel guests is an extra $27 (if you self park it's $23). You do have in and out privileges, but that's still pretty steep. The TV was missing all of our favorite channels (History, Comedy Central). There is no refrigerator or microwave which made me sad because I had leftovers from an amazing dinner that I would have liked to turn into a late night snack. We had reserved a king sized bed, but all they had left were two double beds.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are glad to hear your room was clean and nice. I am sorry that you could not enjoy your left overs or your favorite TV channels. I can understand your frustration about parking. There are several parking garage locations around the hotel that can be utilized for your next visit to Indy. We hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The room was clean but very average. Flat screen tv & small coffee maker, no fridge. Bathroom was somewhat outdated with terrible lighting. Shampoo, conditioner and soap only; no other amenities. Decent water pressure but no shower massage and towels were rough. Lobby was very nice and clean with coffee and teas all day. Breakfast bar was well stocked with typical fare and staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is a TGiFridays on the ground level. Directly across from museum and walking distance to many upscale restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank LN6687
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spend an extended weekend at this hotel recently and experienced service above and beyond. One member of our group is a vegetarian and we inquired at the desk about restaurants where he could eat. They recommended one restaurant and by the time we got back, they had put together a list of about 10 other restaurants with their take-out menus. We really appreciated that. Also, its was the 4th of July and they told us the best places to view the fireworks. Also, our room needed some maintenance. We told them one morning at breakfast what needed to be done and by mid-morning, it was fixed. Very responsive. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfasts were very good, and the location is great. You don't get a good view out the windows, as it is in the shadows of the Marriott, but it is still a great hotel. We'll stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn so that we could easily walk to Victory Field and back. Our room was clean, but a little small, but the bathroom was huge. We were in a handicap accessible room so maybe that's why the setup was odd.
No trouble sleeping, bed was comfy and hotel was not noisy. the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. They had boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast breads, fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal, milk. Hey, anytime I can get salsa, cheese, and hot sauce in the morning on some eggs - I'm a happy girl. Sad to report though, that the breakfast is served on styrofoam plates with styrofoam coffee cups. This is NOT environmentally friendly!

My only complaint: the garage said self parking was 'full' and had a sign in the way. The valet was nowhere to be seen so I decided to leave my car at the front circle and check in. The registration lady told me the garage was not full, the sign was just up since there was an event going on. So I got to self park after all. Had the valet attendant taken my car before I went to check in, I would have been hopping mad at the difference in cost!

So that was my only small beef- make sure if you are an overnight guest to ask about that 'garage full' sign before handing over your keys to the valet.

Green Features: Styrofoam plates and coffee cups in the lobby- please change this practice :(
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Morgantown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First, I am 52 years old and have traveled a lot. I have stayed in many Hotels.

Second, This Hotel is the best Hotel I have ever had! The people there make the Hotel
FANTASTIC, AWESOME, and VERY REMEMBERABLE.
Third, I have been there 4 times in the last 6 months. My Sisters and I have been there
with our very sick MOM. Your employees remember us every time we come and
literally roll out the red carpet for us. We even got a upgraded room. They knew
we were broke, I think. And when we left they even gave us each a "to-go-bag"
filled with fruit, and goodies.
Fourth, I told these people I would be doing this. Finally, I am. I'm about a month late.
My name is Wendy Preston (270) 526-6230. The rooms were in my sisters
names. Debbie Matthews and Sherry Seavers
Fifth EMPLOYEES NAMES who deserve a raise. lol REALLY !!!!!!!

TAYLOR # 1 SARAH DREWS KYLEA (?)SPELL CHECK ARE A FEW

I live in KY and my sisters and Mom live in OH. We were so glad to see a smiling face when we got to your nice Hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter