“excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I came for surgery at IU Health/Methodist Hospital this past week and we stayed at this hotel. We were very pleased with this facility in the downtown area. The staff were most courteous and helpful and were even solicitous of my health. I was surprised and delighted with the unusual decor in the hallways - they made the effort to get away from an "institutional" appearance. The room was all we wanted. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. I loved the walk-in shower with glass doors. It was an extremely quiet environment. The free breakfast provided a good choice in the standard breakfast items. We were quite satisfied. The attendant even greeted us with a warm welcome! We both would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sigourney, IA
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked our room through Priceline and paid a fair rate, but we booked a non-smoking King and ended up in the smallest hotel room with a king bed and not much more room. The room smelled as if it was actually a smoking room but we survived. Luckily we didn't need much more than a place to rest our heads.
We ate our evening meal at the TGIFridays next door and wouldn't recommend it unfortunately. We met three friends there (Indy locals) and all five of our meals were cold, after taking an INCREDIBLY long time to arrive. At one point we had to go look for the waitress on our own to get a drink refilled. Not impressed, will not go back, and feel sorry that they bring shame to the TGIFridays name, as it's normally a good place to eat!
Back to the hotel; we ate a complimentary (which was awesome) breakfast, but it probably got a 3 out of 5 on my scale. The hot stuff wasn't all that hot and the selection wasn't all that great. They were out of quite a few things when we got there. Luckily, it was a freebie so we really can't complain too much.
We would definitely stay again, but would NOT be eating next door!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very nice staff and room but bring back the waffles! Since the last time I stayed at this Fairfield, I was delighted that they upgraded the free breakfast a bit but the taste of new items isn't very good and they took away the waffle station. In sight and taste you can immediately tell that the food is completely prepackaged and just warmed up. Other than the breakfast, it's a great hotel plus the $5 cabs are great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Hotwire back in August for our stay in November and got a call from Hotwire around check in time the day of to inform us the hotel had over booked. The woman from Hotwire offered to refund our money (which wouldn't do us any good since we'd probably spend much more with fewer options at the last minute) but also mentioned that the hotel would put us in their other location near the airport for our stay. We were of course bummed to lose the convenience of the downtown location. Having never been to Indianapolis, we were really looking forward to just walking around and exploring downtown. After no luck with Hotwire we gave up and decided to just take up their offer on the airport location and called the two hotels to confirm the changes.

After calling the downtown location, we were told we would only be out of luck one night... Which actually was fine because the second night was really the night we wanted to be downtown anyway. So we were pretty happy to hear that. Why Hotwire didn't tell us that important bit of information we will never know!

Upon arriving to the downtown location, we were greeted super nicely and informed they would be upgrading us to the neighboring JW Marriott. Despite the booking mixup with the hotel, we were honestly just upset with Hotwire due to the last minute notice and we're already so happy with how Fairfield had been handling things. The upgrade was completely unexpected and really kind of management to do for us. While we didn't actually stay at this location since we were upgraded, I can't speak to the quality of the rooms. The quality of the service however was incredibly friendly and professional, accommodating and just unexpectedly wonderful. We would definitely stay at either location next time were in town.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your understanding while working with us and Hotwire on the first night of your reservation. Also, thank you for your compliments on our staff regarding the second night's accommodations. We hope to have you stay with us the next time you are visiting Indy!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here in October for a joyce meyers conference. I paid via hotwire.com. I gave them a credit card that they said did not work so I gave them another for incidentals. Upon check out i was told i owed them 172 dollars for my room and parking. I did not park at this location and prepaid for the room. i was given a receipt at check out that says zero dollars. Two days later my credit card is charged 124 and my other credit was charged 70 preauthorization. I called management and they say they will refund my money and the preauth would fall off. Indeed they did for me only to be charge 2 weeks later with the same freaking fee. This is ridiculous. I am so not staying here ever again. NOw i am getting charge overdraft fees and have to keep calling my credit card company and fairfield.

Room Tip: suites are bigger with mini fridge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shwhite01
Thank you for taking time to complete the recent review for your stay with us in October. I apologize for the billing confusion on your pre-paid stay. Our goal is to ensure proper while you stay with us. I can understand how this along with the overdraft fees would be frustrating. I have provided my direct number below. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me so I can ensure you have properly been reimburse for your stay and any additional fees. Thank you for your business!

Fairfield Inn & Suites
Indianapolis Downtown
317-808-2160
ben.minnich@marriiott.com
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here on a wim instead of my usual Embassy Suites. Hotel was just OK. TGI Friday's bar had a mediocre crowd and expensive drinks. The complimentary breakfast was one of the worst I have seen ever. The staff were very friendly. Elevator smelled like sewer. Should have stayed at the JW for the same rate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback on our complimentary breakfast and the drinks menu pricing at TGI Fridays. We will review with our team to ensure we are providing the brand standard items and appropriate pricing is in place. Thank you for your compliments regarding our friendly staff service. We do hope to have another opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you are visiting Indy. Thanks!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a very busy weekend. The staff was very professional and quickly toom care of a problem which came up. Room was basic but clean, modern and comfortable. Good location, parking garage adjoined with the JW and Courtyard.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your compliments on your accommodations, our location, and our staff service. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting Indy!