“Reservations...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #34 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked on-line this morning. When I arrived after 7 pm I was told I must be mixed up and want another Fairfield/Marriott hotel in the city. It turned out they had my name spelled wrong. I don't understand how this could happen as the room was booked through my Rewards account. I was unhappy that they assumed that I was confused and did not apologize for the mix-up which required my using their slow lobby computer to enter my account and prove I had a reservation.

This property is new or newly remodeled. The interiors are extremely clean. The King Bed room I have is extremely small. It is OK for one person but it would be very crowded fro two people if they were spending any time in the room.

The wifi is free, but very slow. For a $7.95 fee you can upgrade to hi-speed. The free is OK to answer e-mails, but forget downloads or streaming.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for completing the online review regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the confusion with locating your reservation during the check-in process. Also, our engineering team is checking the speed of our complimentary wifi access to make sure it is at the correct speed for our guests. I do appreciate you bringing these items to my attention so we can continue to improve our guest experience. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with regarding this reservation or any future reservations. Thanks!

Ben Minnich
ben.minnich@whitelodging.com
317-808-2160

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is clean, the rooms and beds are comfy, the staff is friendly and helpful. That is what is mostly wanted by travelers going downtown Indy. The room rates are the most inexpensive and parking is discounted as well. By far the best value of any top quality hotel near Indy center.

The amenities are lacking, however. The indoor pool which you share with the adjoining Springhill Suites is tiny. The kids didn't even care to put on their suits to swim. The hot breakfast is not recommended. The scrambled eggs and sausage had a definite "off taste" and all three of us spit them out simultaneously. We ate breakfast elsewhere the rest of the time.

For a great value, for a great room convenient to downtown, this is the place. For a "vacation hotel"...this won't do.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was a very nice stay. The room was small, but with the amount I paid through Hotwire it was understandable. The staff was very helpful, professional, and customer satisfaction was their number one goal. The hotel was very clean, and the location was very convenient to all downtown attractions. The breakfast in the morning was okay for the most part, but it was free. Free internet in the rooms is always a plus. The only issue we had was some construction noise in the morning from the TGI Fridays below the hotel. The work was scheduled to begin at 10am that morning, but instead started at 7am. It woke up most of the hotel, but that was NOT the fault of the hotel. The general manage of the hotel was very courteous and apologetic and made things right with us. I would gladly stay at this hotel again!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This property is attached to the JW Marriott (and is owned by Marriott).

It is less expensive than the JW Marriott.
Plus, it has free wireless in the rooms, and the JW Marriott charges a lot of $$ per day.
It has a refrigerator in the room, and the JW Marriott does not.
It has a larger, nicer bathroom.
The rooms are better designed than in the JW Marriott.
It has guest laundries(!) at the end of the corridors next to the ice machines.

I asked for a quiet room and got one, at the far end of a corridor.

I've stayed in both, and it is beyond me why anyone would book the JW Marriott, which isn't worth the money by a long shot.

Room Tip: Rooms are different, ask when you book the reservation whether there is a view or not, whether you h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is part of the Marriott family and is one of three at this location (including the Marriott and the SpringHill Suites. You can connect to the others without going outside, and this is a lower-cost option if you have business in the big Marriott. While it has fewer amenities (e.g., no swimming pool, though you can swim in the Marriott's "if it's not too crowded"), it's clean, everything works, and you have everything you need. Even a lower-level of internet is comped. Service? Did I say service? Just ask. These are some of the nicest folks I've run across!

Room Tip: We even had a room just off the elevator bank but had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got a great rate from Hotwire and found out why immediately. The room was tiny. Not much bigger than an average bedroom and the view consisted the lovely parking garage wall w/the HVAC units below accentuating the vista. Upon check-in, I told the clerk we would be parking on the street, (since it is free on Sundays and holidays in dwntwn Indy). She gave us a pass anyway. When I checked out, I returned the pass and told her I did not park in the garage and she removed the charge from my bill. Make sure you do this or you will have to get the charge removed later. Also there is a VERY limited number of fridges and microwave available for use and even though we checked in at 3 pm on a Sunday, they were all taken. If you are lucky enough to get either, there is, however no charge. The room was clean, quiet, nicely decorated and the bed and ample pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom had a shower w/a massaging head but very little vanity space, (in keeping w/the cramped theme). The A/C controls, located on the wall, were very user-friendly and kept the room nice and cool w/the touch of a button. Breakfast was the typical fare, institutional scrambled eggs, sausages, white bread, bagels, muffins, fruit, juice and coffee but no waffle iron. No microwave in the breakfast area and I had to ask the attendant to warm my latte in their kitchen. Nice work out facilities, all new equipment, (treadmills, exercise bike and ellipticals w/personal TVs as well as a weight set w/bench, yoga balls and mats w/complimentary towels and ear buds provided. The staff were very friendly, welcoming, helpful and accommodating but I would rather stay at a hotel where free parking isn't two blocks away.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hotel location is very central so most things To-Do are w/in walking distance. Maid service was so-so as she failed to make up our room the first day. Front desk was very helpful. Parking was convenient although the key card failed to work three times. Again, front desk helped out.
Value is on par with service. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager_Ben, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for completing the online survey of our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your compliments toward our Front Desk team and their level of service. We will be sure to recogize them for this. I do apologize for not having your guest room cleaned one day during your stay. My housekeeping team and I have reviewed our reporting process to ensure this does not happen in the future. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with regarding this stay or any future reservations. Thank you for your business!

Ben Minnich