This hotel is part of a complex that has the JW Marriott, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, and the Fairfield Inn all on one block, all sharing the same underground parking garage ($23/day for Fairfield Inn -- not sure if rate is different for other properties). There is a T.G.I. Friday's off the lobby of the Fairfield Inn, and an Italian restaurant in the lobby of the JW. I think there was another one within the complex.
The location is close to Victory Field, and parking can be hectic (but available) on nights of the Indians' games. The location is also at the west end of the Washington St. retail area.
I can attest to the hot-water and breakfast issues noted by one reviewer. They were intermittent during my three-night stay, however. One morning, it took 3-4 minutes. On the other mornings, the delay was shorter. Eggs were overcooked, and there was regular coffee one morning. Many Fairfield Inns vary the meat and fruit selections, but this one had sausage patties every day, and fruit was limited to melons on two days, with pineapple added to the mix on the other day. All this said, they did have a pot of hot oatmeal, which other Fairfield Inns have not had, with accompanying brown sugar, raisins, craisins, and nuts. They also had a good selection of yogurt. And, after all, the breakfast is free, so these are more watch-outs for others more than complaints by me. The breakfast area is spacious.
The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The female front-desk clerk who checked me in was among the most pleasant hotel employees I've interacted with. One night when I was using the exercise room, we had run out of disinfecting wipes. One guest told the male front-desk clerk of this and we had new wipes in about two minutes. This might have taken two hours (or not at all) at many other facilities.
The exercise room was acceptable for a short stay. There were two ellipticals and two treadmills, along with free-weights and two benches. The guest rooms were clean, as were the hallways leading to them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis is adjacent to the Convention Center. Centrally located in the heart of this very walkable city, this hotel is close to Circle Center Mall, next to White River State Park, the Indianapolis Zoo, and several world-class museums. Also nearby are the Eiteljorg Museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, Lucas Oil Stadium, and Conseco Fieldhouse. This property features an on-site TGI Friday's, pillowtop mattresses, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Indianapolis Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel Indianapolis