SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
$179
$189
  • Pool
All reviewstoilet and sinkconvention centerfront deskshower areaself parktgi fridayswhite river state parkvictory fieldseparate roomsncaa headquarterswithin walking distancesitting arealucas oil stadiumoatmealparking garageroom layoutother hotels
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just got home from a terrific getaway to Indy. This hotel was fantastic and very nicely surprised at how EASY it was to go to a concert at White River! Amazing facility. Amazing staff. Beautiful lobby. Great location. Beautiful spa-like rooms. Can't say enough!! This area in Indy is fantastic....great restaurants and so much to do. We're already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at.

The location is amazing, right on the canals across from the park and near the river and within easy walking distance of the zoo, Lucas Oil stadium, the Indians Minor League park and City Center Mall (and all the things around it.)

My family stayed here for a week and had a wonderful time. We went to the Children's Museum, the Zoo, the Baseball field, the mall and several of the restaurants around it, and we went to Go Ape for some Zip Line fun.

Every time we came in, we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff and when we left, we were wished a good day. The parking facility is really nice. Plenty of parking right near the elevators, and longer spots if you have a longer vehicle or maybe bikes on the back of your car. Easy access to unload with plenty of luggage carts. Or you can use Valet parking if you wish. we did self park and we got a key card to come and go as we wanted. It's expensive to park, like $23 per day or something like that, but it is such a nice facility, I felt it was a bargain.

The rooms are wonderful. We had 2 queen beds, and the couch pulls out into a bed too. There is a nice desk and plenty of easily accessible outlets by the desk and by the bed. What a concept, huh? Outlets you can actually use. They are up high so you can get to them, rather than buried behind the furniture. Free WiFi and Wired internet, or if you need better speed, you can pay for premium Internet. We used the free and it was fine, but it was a little slow at times. But, it was usable.

Our room had a separate room with a toilet and sink and another room with a tub/shower and a sink. Then there was a large walk-in closet between them. The room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. Big screen TV. Okay beds. could have been a little more comfortable, but they were adequate. Plenty of light, clean carpeting, very bright and spacious. Everything you like in a hotel room was here. It was like they said, what would people want in a room, and then they provided it.

The free hot breakfast each morning was nice. Not a lot of selection, but it was really good. They had belgian waffle makers, eggs and then some other hot dish that carried, and oatmeal. They had cheese and salsa for the eggs and raisins and other toppings for the oatmeal. Pastries, bagels, english muffins (but strangely no bread to just make toast) and a selection of cereals and yogurts. Bananas and apples. Juices, water and milk to drink. (Probably coffee, but we don't drink coffee, so I didn't really pay attention to that.)

If you are looking for a nice get away to Indianapolis and want to stay at a nice hotel with a friendly staff that is near lots to do, this is the place.

Room Tip: We chose a high room for the view. Our room was an odd number and looked out over the park and the river. Spectacular sunset views in the evenings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

A typical if underwhelming Springhill Suites. There is some conflict of identity for this property as it is both a SpringHill and Residence. We drove around a while trying to figure out where it was at, not the best marking. We used this hotel for a single night and attended a concert nearby. The hotel was loaded with noisy partiers but I guess that is to be expected. Our room was pretty clean but there was hair in the tub and shower walls. Breakfast was a typical boxed fare with hot eggs supposed to be there but the attendant couldn't keep up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay. If you would like to discuss these issues further please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Quick business trip to Indianapolis. Never been there before and wanted something in the downtown area. Springhill is located on the west side of downtown and is connected with the JW Marriott, Fairfield Inn, and Courtyard properties.

If the season is right, the football stadium and minor baseball team stadiums are within walking distance.

My room was clean, the staff was very friendly, and everything in downtown was within walking distance.

I enjoyed my stay. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Downtown and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This review is a little difficult for me. We have stayed in several Springhill Suites and would again. I chose this hotel because my husband needed to be close to the Convention Center. It's also close to the Zoo (which is lovely), the Canal walk, a couple of museums, and (2) large sport venues. It's a bit isolated from the activity and architecture of the downtown area, Monument Circle, shopping mall, etc., which I enjoyed. I thought I had done my homework and made sure there were no major games or concerts ... BUT ... I forgot to check at the state high school level and the place was crawling w/ young baseball players and their families. My Bad! Very crowded, very noisy. The hotel is nicely decorated just like all of the Springhill chain. Breakfast was included but it was packed w/ families and did not have enough seating. At times the hallways became a thoroughfare for kids who knew one another and room hopped. Every time the doors were opened they SLAMMED shut. (Note to all hotels: install soft-closing door hardware). My husband stayed on for his conference after I went home and he said it's now a different place - quiet and calm. All Staff were very nice and helpful. I think parking is a bit expensive for a city the size of Indy ($23 self-park). I would definitely recommend the hotel, but I would also recommend that if you want a quiet getaway that you check the events schedule at all levels. I know I will be doing so in the future :-).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple