“They Don't Shovel their Sidewalks, Even Four Days After It Snows”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Ranked #12 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois City, Illinois
“They Don't Shovel their Sidewalks, Even Four Days After It Snows”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at this property for four nights. The first night of my stay, there was an expected snow storm. Being from the Chicago area, I brought a shovel with me, anticipating that I might need to remove snow from behind my vehicle after the parking lot was plowed. Not only did I have to shovel the snow from behind my vehicle, but I had to shovel the sidewalk behind the building so I wouldn't have to walk through five plus inches of snow to get to my car. Every time I had to park farther from the door, I had to shovel more of the sidewalk. (I really didn't appreciate having to shovel snow when I returned to the hotel at 1:30 AM on Thursday morning.) I understand that snow removal can take some time, but the snow storm occurred on Tuesday night, and on Saturday morning they still had not cleaned their back side walk. The rooms were clean, and the man in the breakfast area was very nice. I have to return to the this area for several nights in May. I will be staying at a different hotel, even though I am a Hilton Honors member. I refuse to reward laziness.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelsnob90
hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
On behalf of the management and our staff, we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn of some aspects of your stay that were not up to your expectations specifically regarding the excessive amount of snow we recently encountered. We strive to provide our guests 100% satisfaction and we are truly sorry that this was not the case during your last visit. Please be assured that your valuable comments will be shared with our team so we are able to learn from our shortcomings in order to keep improving upon our offerings.

Thank you again for your review and we sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to welcome you back again next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Linn
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was six below zero and the wind was howling. There were four of us, my wife, our daughter, her newborn son, and myself. We needed a suite so that the person in charge of the baby could close the door and the other two could sleep. (We rotate nighttime care.) Up popped the Hilton Garden Inn, and it was on our way toward southern Indiana and my family. We reserved a suite.
Wasn't a suite. It's a long hallway with a narrowing in the center for the kitchenette (more on that) and the bathroom. No door. It was late and we had just flown in from Oregon so we stayed.
The living room area furniture was shabby. OK, we can live with that and we did. The kitchenette had a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge, no cooking items as many suites do. But, again, it wasn't a suite. Oh, and it was expensive. We could have chosen Embassy Suites, and should have, but I made a mistake.
The woman at the desk was most helpful and friendly. The beds were very comfortable and clean with nice bedding. It was fairly quiet, except for the baby. :-) The place was undergoing repairs so the lobby was a bit of a construction site but that wasn't a problem at all. The guy running the morning buffet was very accommodating.
But I'd say three stars due to the expense and the non-suite suite, and because three of the four of us, by morning, were exhausted due to lack of sleep. New babies want to eat often.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike L
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Room rate was upcharged by approximately $10 because I had originally booked it as one occupant but with two queens. Decided to bring the family along, 2 small kids. Desk clerk treated me like I was bringing in animals, charged me more, and stated kids tend to cause more clean-up expense. What? What if I had stayed there by myself, used both beds, and soiled every towel? What's the difference? Checked in...walked into the room...thought about that ordeal...walked out and went directly to the Holiday Inn Express next door where the customer service was exceedingly great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

5 Thank tanktruck
hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
we appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I am very sorry the charges were a different rate than the one you expected. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us. I can very much empathize with your disappointment and make myself available to assist you with the future planning of your stay with us.
Bryan, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Clean and quite. Nice area with plenty of eateries within minutes hotel. The lobby was under either remodel or continued expansion, unknown at the time of stay. It didn't impact the quality of the hotel or stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South and taking the time to inform us about your an experience . Your feedback and comments help us to continue to improve and create an environment that makes every guest experience a perfect 10.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Kept me company watching NFC Conference Championship game when all other local resturants were packed. Food was excellent and the drinks were just right. This hotel is an easy on easy off option when going south of Indianapolis from Northern Indiana

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
princeton, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This one was not up to the standards of the one in Indianapolis, but bed was comfortable and food was good. Room was large, but rather empty creating an echo with the TV. TV too small for size of room. Jets on the spa tub shot out black stuff so unable to use.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

hiltonsouth, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South and taking the time to express your exprince with us . Your feedback and comments help us to continue to improve and create an environment that makes every guest experience a perfect 10. We would love to be your hotel of choice for any future travels to Indianapolis
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very clean and nice rooms. What you would expect with the name Hilton attached to it. Bed was comfortable and the furnishings were of obvious quality. The only issue keeping this from being an excellent review was the lack of a complementary breakfast. As the surrounding area does not offer a wide variety of breakfast choices, and considering the price of a nightly stay, a complementary breakfast should have been included.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking your time to inform us about your comment. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. We are happy that your expectations had met with our service quality. We hope to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 180 in Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood? Share your experiences!