“Great option for the Indy area”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Ranked #15 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Great option for the Indy area”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here on a quick work trip last week and was really impressed with the customer service. Normally if I have to visit Indianapolis I prefer to stay downtown but apparently my trip coincided with a 34,000 attendee convention so two months out everything downtown was booked. I ended up here because I am a member of the Hilton HHonors Program, so I figured if I couldn't be in my preferred area I may as well get some points and miles.

The hotel itself is newer so everything that I saw was very clean and up-to-date. My room was just a standard king room but very spacious with a mini fridge and coffee pot, and the bathroom had a nice big counter space. They scored huge points with me for having plenty of outlets! Outlets on the desk, an outlet on each bedside lamp, it was great. The free WiFi also worked very well. Hilton HHonors member of all levels get two free bottles of water when checking in so if you have not joined the free program I really recommend it. There is also a large parking lot with free parking for everyone.

When I made my reservation I noticed that the hotel allows service animals so I made a note to please put me in a room that normally doesn't see animals (they're usually the rooms on higher floors) because I have allergies. When I walked into the room there was a large, noisy, industrial strength air purifier running. At first I was confused - had someone been smoking in there last night? Then there was a knock on the door and a very sweet woman from the housekeeping staff came in to collect the air purifier. She said they saw my note about my allergies so they ran that purifier all day just in case and she made sure all of my pillows were foam. Amazing. The front desk staff also ordered me a cab to take me to dinner downtown and used their go-to local cab driver who was incredibly nice. They also kindly wrote down where the hotel was so I could give that information to the cab driver coming back.

All in all everyone I dealt with at the hotel was incredibly kind and helpful and had a real sense of customer service. I don't know that I will be back since my work trips to Indy are infrequent and staying downtown really suits my needs better, but if you are going to be in the area and don't need to stay downtown I think this is a great option. It's right off I-65 and very easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the great review you provided! We are very happy to hear that we were able to meet, and go above, all of your needs...we saw that you wanted to be sure your room was as allergy free as possible so we always try to deionize rooms when a guest mention their allergies.

We do hope you will keep us in mind on your next trip to the Indy Metro area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Erie, Pa., United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Enjoyed family weekend stay in Indianapolis. The hotel has a convenient location to shopping plazas restaurants, and highway access. Would stay here again. Very clean. The only thing that would make it better if breakfast was included.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We really enjoyed having you with us...with our Cooked to Order breakfast (where everything is FRESHLY prepared) we do offer a bed and breakfast deal at a discounted room rate! Be sure to take advantage of that on the next stay!
Columbus, OH, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After booking this hotel online on short notice, I can honestly say that I was not expecting to find such a high end experience. This place must be fairly new. The lobby is quite impressive. And the room was perfect. I particularly enjoyed the free internet and how well it support the three mobile devices that our family used simultaneously.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that your experience was a pleasant and enjoyable one! We are now over 4 years old and always enhancing the surroundings so our guests will have an enjoyable stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fabulous accommodations! HGI provided the comfort and get away we needed. While we live in Indy, it provided a place be away from home to rest and talk . . . and be pampered in such wonderful, secure surroundings. The stafff was efficient. Check in and out were made easy and convenent. The decor is very well done. The housekeeping staff maintains it very well, exceptionally well!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We always enjoy having our neighbors staying with us! We hope to see you again when you need to get away!
Chicago
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were on our way down I-65 and needed a place to stay for the night. It's right off the highway just south of Indianapolis. Looks like a new property as the block around the hotel is still undeveloped. Walmart and Kroger across the street. Restaurants in the area but if you go west just a little bit, there are many many more restaurant choices. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. I would stay here again if ever traveling through Indiana.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We do hope that your travels will bring you back and stay with us!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The firmness of the bed is adjustable which is a great feature. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar were very good and not too expensive.
There were a number of dining options close by. It was a very good experience at a fair price

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to complete a Trip Advisor! We do hope to see you again soon!

Randy
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I stay here often to visit family in Indianapolis. The staff is great and very helpful. We rode our motorcycle up from Alabama, and the traffic was horrible due to spring break travelers. When we got to the hotel, it was 3 hours later than we expected. But, the man at the front desk ( I should have got his name) told us to park the bike under the overhang and leave it there, since there was a chance of rain. What a nice surprise. We parked it there the whole weekend, as the staff suggested. Much appreciated!

In about 4 or 5 stays here, everything has been outstanding. However, this time our room smelled like a gym locker. I told the front desk on the morning after we arrived. They said they would tell housekeeping, but when we came back that night (late), it was still a gym locker. Additionally, the toilet backed up, and there wasn't anyone there to fix it. They did, however, offer to move rooms. Second day, 1130 at night, I didn't want to move. I asked for a plunger, and she (front desk) did actually find one. And all turned out OK.

On another positive note, there was a room party going on down the hall from us. They were not overly loud, but they were loud enough to be heard in the hallways. The staff had a handle on this, and they ended up not bothering anyone as far as I know. They still got to have their pizza party with the group there. No kids running the halls, etc... Whew! I credit the staff for knowing about this and checking on it several times.

1 Thank COBB64
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us and for the good review! We look forward to your next visit!