Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
$195
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleangreat hotelexcellent stayoff the highwaypool and hot tubbreakfast buffeteasy accessup to datebusiness tripwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationkrogerlobbyhgiaccommodationsmattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our first stay in a Hilton Inn. The hotel was beautiful and the staff welcoming. The room amenities were very nice and comfortable. Lighting in the room and bathroom were better than average & brighter than other places we have stayed in. I usually don't sleep well the first night away from home but had no problems sleeping at the Hilton Inn due to the adjustable firmness of the mattress and comfortable pillows. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. I like that the ice machines are located near the elevator in a separate room which kept the noise level down. My only disappointment is that I wish we could have gotten a regular room with a king sized bed instead of 2 queen beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and the great review! We strive to ensure every guest has the same experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice and clean. Select comfort bed was awesome. Spent one night while traveling. Lots of restaurants nearby. Easy on/off the interstate. Amenities were nice. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a double queen and the desk chair and upholstered chair with footstool were very comfortable. The shower had plenty of pressure

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in town to visit family and stayed at this nice hotel. The lobby is quite beautiful. We were greeted by a friendly clerk who recognized us as Gold Hilton Honor members. The hotel was very clean. We had a double queen bed room. It was large enough to have all 3 of our suitcases open. The beds were comfortable. We had a microwave and a refrigerator. The hotel workout room was small but well equipped! We did had a slight problem with our thermostat, but it was corrected quickly. We did not eat at the hotel. We would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelseymom
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are very happy that we were able to ensure you and your family had a wonderful stay! I am sorry to hear about your thermostat but glad that we were able to take of that problem immediately!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first time in the Greenwood area and not accustomed to the weather conditions. I rented a regular full size car from Hertz. The parking lot on the morning of Friday 2/22/2013 was all iced over from the sleet from the night before. I went to the parking lot after checking out and fell due to the icyness of the parking lot. When I backed out of the parking lot the car was sliding back due to the icyness. I would expect the staff of the hotel to do something to make the parking lot safe for their customers. I also have to mention that I left the hotel at around 9AM which would be plenty of time for the staff to either put salt on the parking lot or deice the parking lot. Another issue was in my bathroom the the shower knob to adjust the tempature of the water was loose. I would turn on the shower and have the knob turned to around the 3 o'clock position which was of a perfect tempature. I would shower for almost 45 seconds to a minute and the shower knob would slower turn up to the 12 o'clock position which was too hot and nearly burned me. I told the staff of the issue on Wednesday. I checked into the room late Sunday night. I had the same issue until I checked out Friday. I notified the staff of the issue every morning after my shower from Wed - Fri. All they would tell me is that they would have someone come take a look at it. I'm truly disappointed with the service of staff, quality of working shower knobs and parking lot maintenance on icy days. I currently have another trip booked for Boise, ID but this trip at the Hampton Inn which is another Hilton Hotel. I'm currently looking for another room because I don't want to deal with any similar issues.

Room Tip: Don't get room 213, if you do watch out for the shower knob it's loose and will scold you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank markn01
HGIIndyGrnwd, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us during your stay. I did pull the maintenance log for your room and it showed that they did repair the shower knob but from what you say it did not fully take effect. After you departed and informed me at the front desk that day maintenance once again went to the room and since no other guests that have stayed in that room has mentioned the issue again.

As for the weather, the parking lot and sidewalks were pretreated the night before and was in the process of being done when you checked out the following morning. The sidewalks were done by myself and maintenance and the parking lot was plowed and salted. I know that you departed before all the items done the next morning after you departed.

In an email I sent to you, since your company paid for your room with us I did forward to you a Be My Guest certificate which is good at any Hilton Garden Inn property. I do hope that you will give our property another try when your travels bring you to the Indianapolis Metro area!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was exactly what I expected: clean, nicely decorated with pleasant staff. It has a hot-tub by the pool, a fitness room, and a laundry room. The rooms were very clean and well equipped with mini-fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. They left extra towels when asked.
Meeting expectations with no surprises is always a good thing! We love those selct-comfort beds too!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Snooze Your Snooze beds!

I read that we met your expectations...we sure would have loved to been able to went above your expectations though! Please let us know what we could have done to ensure that on your next visit with us!