“Highly overrated!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petite Chou

Petite Chou
Reserve with OpenTable
Petite Chou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 2,338 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: With its tightly packed tables and classic bistro fare, Petite Chou Bistro and Champagne Bar is Patachou's American reinvention of the iconic French neighborhood restaurant. Handcrafted St. Germain cocktails and champagne cocktails share the menu with bistro classics such as all-natural rotisserie chicken, pommes frites (authentically prepared in duck fat) and pan-seared Indiana steak. A carefully collected champagne, wine and craft beer list that focuses on small producers accentuates your menu choices. Made to order crêpes, tartines and omelettes are beloved customer favorites, available open through close. An elegant yet energetic environment envelops guests relaxing on the banquette inside the restaurant, while a heated, dog-friendly outdoor seating area beckons in season.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Highly overrated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is a restaurant best suited for a girl's luncheon for stay at home housewives. If your taste in food is watercress salads and small cucumber sandwiches, this is your restaurant. The best item on the menu is the broken yolk and bacon sandwich. All of the food is a bit pricey for the quality and quantity.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TLunedi

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic restaurant... great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife, I and 5 other friends went to this restaurant the day after thanksgiving. Most of us were vegetarians. W visited our friends in Indiana and wanted to try some local restaurant for the lunch. Our friend suggested Petitte Chou. We had a tartine, tomate-artichoke soup and ratotouille sandwich. It was fantastic. Service was great as well. We will visit it again if we are in the area.

• Visited November 2011
Indianapolis, IN
“CROQUE MONSIEUR IS NO BUENO”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Let me preface this review by stating that I'm a chef so I'm harder to please than the average customer. So, if you don't know what a croque monsieur is supposed to taste like then you might like petite chou's. If you know what a correctly made croque monsieur tastes like then you had better get a salad instead. Let me explain. Croque comes from the verb croquer which means "to crunch", which was the last thing this sandwich had. The bread had been toasted at one time but was then obviously microwaved to melt the part-skim milk cheese that was coagulating on top. I don't think I even want to mention the dried out ham that tasted like leftovers. I was dying to say something to the server but my girlfriend's mom was paying and I didn't want to cause a fuss. As for my girlfriend and her mom, they loved the salads like they always do. Come on Petite Chou, I know you can do better than this!

Visited July 2011
Indianapolis, IN
“Chick Brunch Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

Chick Brunch Eatery

Madison, Indiana
“Menu is really great! My...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

Menu is really great! My favorite is Croque Monsieur - this is not diet food. :) I find this is great place for place with the wife. Kinda a mini vacation!