“Excellent fine dining in an upscale setting”

Meridian Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Meridian Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 2,347 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 57th
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent fine dining in an upscale setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with a business group and the experience was great from start to finish. The restaurant was located in a historic part of town and the decor was very nice. The service was good and the food was excellent. The appetizers were on the small side for the price, but they tasted good, and the entrees were also tasty.

TERRE HAUTE
“Fine dining in a fine setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had heard great things from locals regarding the Meridian. They were not wrong. Of course, the Smoked Corn Puree is as good as everyone raves. My fish tacos and my wife's mussels with risotto were tasty and just the right amount. I really enjoyed the interior of the dining room - the muted lighting, the way the wood muffled the nearby conversations and the distance between tables. I find too often that even the best restaurants have taken to the airline industry standard of seating - the more you can squeeze in, the better ... for them. However, the Meridian was a joy to sit down and have a quiet, tasty lunch. While the prices for dinner seemed a tad on the high side, I highly recommend it for lunch.

Toronto, Canada
“Charming and elegant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Meridian is a comfortable, yet elegant, fine dining establishment in the north end of Indianapolis. The surrounding neighbourhood consists of 100 year old mansions on beautiful large wooded lots. The service is knowledgeable and attentive. I would have never expected to eat seafood in the midwest, yet it was fresh and delicious. Menu options are plentiful and the wine list is extensive. One of us is a vegetarian, and chef created a delightful dish impromptu. Meridian was an unexpected find, and we will return during the Indy 500 again next year!

• Visited May 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“What a Great First Impression!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

OK, when I go to a restaurant and have trouble deciding whether to order an entree or all appetizers, I have an inkling I have come to a good restaurant. I could not make up my mind on which appetizers to so I ended up ordering three, and skipping the entree. I was not disappointed. The Smoked Corn Puree, was sooo delicious. It was flavorful, creamy and the bacon did not over power the soup. Next I had the Boston Bibb Salad, the Ramp Buttermilk Dressing, was tangy and creamy. For my entree I chose the side of Spinach and Shrimp Risotto. It was so flavorful and quite filling. I was not disappointed in my choices. I plan to go again and try an entree. The service was excellent. We dined indoors and would like to try the outdoor patio. Lastly, we had a concert to attend and they were quite willing to get us served in a timely manner without rushing us.

Noblesville, Indiana
“The Best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I chose their corn soup, and it was unbelievable!!!! Additionally, on another visit I chose a soft shell crab sandwich, and it was the most delicious sandwich I've EVER had. Plus, our waiter, Jessica, was exceptional.

Visited June 2013