“GREAT QUALITY, EVEN BETTER SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #74 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“GREAT QUALITY, EVEN BETTER SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just completed two weeks of my several month stay at this hotel and it is by far the best I have stayed in for over a year. The one bedroom suites are more like a nice size apartment with everything you need to set up house at your finger tips. If it isn't in the room, I just visit the friendly folks at the front desk and my needs are attended too immediately.

Leslie Steinert and her staff are the most friendly and caring that I have found at any of the many places I have stayed at over the years. Though I am sure it is a pressure job at times, these people always have a smile and a kind word. For me service is the key and Candlewood Suites Northwest goes far beyond my expectations.

I am looking forward to sharing more reviews on this hotel as I spend the next months here during the Colts season and very possibly well beyond that time. For the money, you cannot find a better, quality hotel. Unlike the past place I stayed that called itself "my home away from home," Candlewood Suites Northwest Indianapolis truly lives up to the slogan.

Room Tip: A third floor room might be best if the footsteps of folks above you from time to time is bothersome...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leslie S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We are so happy that you are enjoying your stay. Our team loves our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Only 1 elevator in the middle. Great suites for the $ . Full size fridge and stove . Free laundry use. indoor pool. Not much for view its located in a commercial storage and office area. Easy access to the highways

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad you enjoyed your stay. The free laundry is a big hit with our guests!
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel using my reward points for 3 evenings, so as far as value, I cannot comment.
When I reserved my room I requested a first floor room near an exit. I was told to call the hotel directly to verify this room was available. I did and spoke with Jeannie, who was very nice on the phone, and she said there should not be a problem. When I arrived to check in Jeannie was working the front desk. She was very pleasant and very helpful giving directions and parking ideas for my jaunt into Indianapolis that evening. Anytime I saw her, she greeted me, making sure my trip was going well and my side trips were going as planned.
My room was right where I had requested, first floor near the exit. The room was a queen suite with a full kitchen. I utilized the kitchen making a lot of my meals while there. It had everything you could need. The bed was so very comfortable and the room was so quiet. The bathroom was nicely done, but the shower head was not as powerful as I like and it had a hard time getting the soapy soft water washed off. I was disapointed when Jeannie told me the spa was being repaired and not available. My only problem with this hotel was the available Wi-Fi, which was not very available. It was very slow and sluggish.
This hotel is in an office park setting. I had read in previous reviews concerning the availability of restaurants in the area was nonexistent. I saw many places to catch a bite. Being where it was, you would expect to have places for lunch due to the office building around.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Indianapolis area. It has easy access to town and the surrounding interstates. I would also stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad you found that we have plenty of restaurants in the area. Hope that you make it back our way soon!
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family was only expecting "okay" accommodations at this property, not because of anything we knew, just didn't have high expectations. When you travel with 3 kids under 7, there are certain amenities you appreciate more in a property like this which may be true of all Candlewood Suites (?), but were true of this hotel. Things like a separate bedroom, kitchen (well equipped), DVD lending library (several new titles), patio with grill, games and blenders to borrow, etc... This hotel is in a well kept business park only 10 minutes from Eagle Creek Park and Traders Point Creamery. The staff was very friendly. Wish they had free breakfast, but have nothing negative to say. The room was very clean as was any of the public areas I observed. I personally would prefer this property to several Residence Inns and even some Staybridge Suites we've stayed in before. The living area, the bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom we well sized. There was a table/bar that sat our family of 5 comfortably (and it was a very convenient height for unpacking and for our kids). There was a pantry area as well (plenty of storage space throughout the room. There was a small desk in the bedroom as well quaintly positioned like a vanity. The room was well thought out. We were there during what must have been several basketball teams in town to play (teenage), the staff told me when checking in to call if there was any disturbances (there wasn't), but I was surprised that they were concerned since we've been to several hotels that would have disregarded such behavior. Anyway, 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Glad you found Candlewood Suites to be exactly what your family needed. We hope to see you back again!
Buffalo, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I re-booked a stay at this hotel 1yr in advance and requested the same style of room, a suite for the Indy 500 weekend, planning to stay 4 nights. I stayed in a suite the year before by myself as this is my yearly vacation and deserve to treat myself.
A week before my arrival, I got a call confirming my reservation, and wanting to know how many were coming. I stated "just me", just like last year. Not thinking why that should matter, and the front desk didn't explain why.
At the last minute before race weekend, my brother decided to go and asked if I had room on my reservation. I told him yes I have a suite so I told him to book his Saturday flight as I would be there already.
When I arrived to Candlewood Suites after a 10hr drive, I was beat and ready to relax in my suite. But at check in, I found out they moved me to a studio which couldn't accomidate the both of us. The front desk stated- you told us on our call you were the only one coming, and that they were overbooked for the race. So they took it upon themselves to move my to a lesser room with letting me know.
They tried sending me to another one of their "chain extended stay" hotels over 20 minutes farther away from the track. I walked in and could tell the place was a dump, and no way would I stay there even if it was the last place available.
I feel this hotel did not honor their commitment to me as I made this reservation 1 yr in advance, and changed me to another room without asking me if that would be alright. The only saving grace is I stopped into the Hampton Inn a block away from Candlewood Suites. Of course they were booked, but the manangement did everything possible to get me a beautiful room which they did, and turned a traveling nightmare to a sweet dream.
Upon returning from my trip, I contacted Candlewood Suites Corporate customer service dept and stated my displeasure with this hotel and the unfair treatment I received. They agreed that was no way to treat a customer and that they would speak with management at that hotel. I was expecting a call back from customer service which never came. I called them back 3 weeks later wanting to know the status of my complaint. I was transfered to a supervisor who stated the hotel told me they could move a guest at anytime.
In my opinion, if customer service couldn't take the time to follow up on a complaint and the fact the hotels management and staff's indifference to my issue, tells me they could care less about their guests.
If you want to stay in NW Indianapolis, my advice is to stay away from the Candlewood Suites and go down the street to the Hampton Inn. They bent over backwards to help me and is the place I will stay at from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Indy500driver
Leslie S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
First, I want to apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. I know that we spoke while you were at our hotel, and I believed that the situation was resolved. I will be contacting you shortly to further discuss, as apparently I did not understand clearly that you were expecting a follow up phone call in addtion to the conversation that we had at the hotel. We are award winning hotel and this is not the type of experience that we desire for our guests. Again, please accept our apologies and expect a call shortly.
Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I needed two nights for a business trip in Carmel and due to a firefighters convention every hotel i called was booked up. My company found this hotel, off the beaten track and I won't lie, I was a bit nervous based on the location. The room was very decent although the bed was not terribly comfortable. I was able to hook up to the best wireless I've had in a while at a hotel and had a huge fridge as well as a stove top, microwave and coffee maker. I ran out to the supermarket and got a few breakfast goodies which saved me a ton of time in the mornings. Although I had never heard of this hotel before, I don't think I'd hesitate to use this chain again. The only downside is this hotel is in a business park (not one I was visiting either) and it's a bit lonely at night when arriving in late after business dinners.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was great for our 1 night stopover on our way to Chicago. The room was clean and modern and the kitchen was great to cook a basic meal. There were supermarkets within easy driving distance were we picked up food to cook back in the room. I especially loved the laundry was free to use. The hotel also has a pool and spa but we did not have time to use them. The only issue we had at this hotel was that a dog was left unattended for a whole afternoon/night and was not attended to by the owner until 3am. The poor dog barked and barked in turn keeping my husband and I awake all night. I spoke to reception about the issue a couple of time and we were offered to be moved to a different room however this was too inconvenient. This isn't really the hotels fault but was a little annoying that we had paid for the nights accommodation and due to an irresponsible dog owner our nights sleep was ruined!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple