“Fantastic service!”

Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic service!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The staff is outstanding. The hotel is well kept both inside and outside. Room was perfect for our needs. We were there for the Brickyard 400. Location off of I65 and to the Speedway is great. We will be staying here again next year for the race.

Room Tip: We had an end room on the first floor. Only six rooms in our hallway. Did not hear any noise from ab...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iz1927

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I, along with our 2 boys & my parents recently stayed at this Hampton Inn location (7/23). We truly cannot say enough good things about our experience. The staff was very accommodating and courteous; rooms were immaculate. We found out how truly wonderful the staff was when we returned home to realize our 4 yr old son's "lovey" did not make it home. This blanket had traveled with him from Guatemala as a baby & has rarely left his clutches. I immediately called the hotel Sunday evening (7/24) asking if my son's blanket was placed in the lost and found, the attendant checked and returned with a "no" but assured me that they would continue to look. I then explained how important this blanket was and why, the Attendant was very kind and again told me they check everything and everywhere. Monday afternoon, after running an errand, I returned home to find a message on our answering machine from an Attendant with the Hampton letting me know the lovey had been found & wanted to verify my address. I immediately called and by tonight (7/27) my son's lovey was back in his cute little clutches. The staff, from the front desk, to housekeeping went above and beyond for my little boy. We are so appreciative and our son is sleeping Peacefully.

Our only complaints, if they would actually qualify as that, were; the water in the pool was too cold for my oldest son to enjoy. The rooms were small & the crib, which turned out
to be a pack n' play was a bit flimsy. With that being said, these issues would not keep us from recommending, or staying there again. A truly, well ran hotel with a professional staff!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family and I just got back from a two week road trip, which mostly centered around Sleep Inns. This was the best hotel we stayed at by far! It was clean. The staff was extremely friendly (greeted us and checked in on us when we walked by).

The room was very clean. The TV was huge and very nice. One thing that should not have made me as excited as it did was the fact that they had shampoo and conditioner (two separate bottles). They even had a cute little lap desk for us. The beds were comfortable. The only bad thing I can think of, which is being nitpicky, is that, unlike advertised, you don't have a choice between soft and firm pillows but rather soft and so-soft-there's-nothing-in-here pillows. That being said, although I am a fan of firm pillows, the bed was so comfortable that I was able to still get a good night's sleep.

The thing that really sold me on the hotel was the breakfast. I've said it in several reviews now, and I'll say it again - what really matters to me when booking a hotel is the breakfast. It was the best, most delicious hotel breakfast I have ever had the joy of feasting on. They offered sausage, tater tots, scrambled eggs, waffles, bagels and peanut butter, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, assorted fruits, along with more juice options than usual - cranberry (!), apple and orange juice.

If you are staying in Indianapolis, I would recommend this hotel hands down. You definitely won't eat better anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gig Harboor, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I'm in Indy on business every other week. After staying in several different hotels I've settled into the Hampton Inn Northwest Park 100 as my base of operations. They give me the same room every time I'm here and the staff now greets me by name. The facility appears to be brand new and it's squeaky clean.

There are a bunch of things I like about this hotel. There's a nice breakfast every morning that's served in a nice little breakfast area, and on most Tuesday and Wednesday nights they have a free reception/dinner where they serve pizza or hamburgers or hot dogs. This has dramatically lowered my expenses while working out of here. I've used their conference room for meetings and I take advantage of their little shop to purchase snacks or stuff I forgot at home.

The rooms are very, very clean and I like the fact that they don't offer inappropriate pay per view movies. The pool is great and the exterior of the hotel is very well kept. I spend a lot of my time working in the lobby area where they have great seating and tables where you can work, and there's always fresh coffee nearby.

The only thing that the hotel doesn't have going for it is that it sits in the light office complex area of Northwest Park 100. In other words, it's not exactly the garden spot of Indy. It's not bad, but don't expect incredible views out the windows. However, it's close enough to 465 & 65 that you can be anywhere in Indy (Zoo, downtown, airport, Broad Ripple, Carmel/Fishers) within about 20-25 minutes. There's not airport shuttle that brings you here so you need to rent a car or take a $40.00 cab ride. I've done the bus as well (Indygo). It took 90 minutes but it worked and only cost $3.50 total - (Ride #8 downtown for $1.75 and then grab number #37 out to the hotel for $1.75).

If you have a family this is a great place economically because of the breakfast each day and the 'reception/dinner' on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights. You can save a lot of money eating here. They also provide a little sack breakfast if you need to 'grab and go'.

Finally, don't forget to do their Hilton Honors membership (Hampton is part of the Hilton chain). You can get airline miles and hotel points with each stay and I've found the points rack up really quick.

Everybody here has been great and I'm hopeful this review will encourage more people to stay here.

Room Tip: I haven't been in a room here that I didn't like.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Beautiful exterior and interior, friendly staff, roomy suites, reasonable prices, light traffic in the immediate area, great location right off I-65 (perfect if you are headed to the Children's Museum).... There was a Steak N Shake and Hardees very near the hotel, but we had to drive to another exit to find anything else. All in all, WE LOVED IT!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank daveNkelly
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest - Park 100, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear daveNkelly,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of your experience at the Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest! We really appreciate guest feedback and you seemed to mentioned all the aspects that we focus on for a great stay.

It's all due to a great staff that we are able to provide such well maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service. We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied as you did.

Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! We hope you stop through for a visit again your next time through Indianapolis!

GM
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I live in southern Indiana and had decided to stay overnight after being in Atlanta for the previous week. I have stayed at this Hampton Inn location before so I was not surprised to find the staff so nice and welcoming. I was surprised though to walk into my room and find rose petals on the floor and bed as well as a beautiful table setting with champagne, champagne glasses and a framed note from my boyfriend PROPOSING to me! After the initial shock wore off, I learned that Kelly and her staff were responsible for helping him pull this off. I have to say, I was very touched by this. It isn't often that one finds people willing to go outside their "job duties" and Kelly and her staff did just this and did it very well! I can't thank them enough! I will, for sure, continue to stay there when I am in Indianapolis! Oh, and I said "yes"! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear JNC25,

We are all so excited for you and your new fiancée!

It was an absolute pleasure to assist with the proposal and we are so glad it went off so perfectly. Our whole staff loves to go over and beyond for guests but this is the first time we've been able to help with a proposal.

From all of us at the Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest, we wish you both all the best in the future. Come back to visit soon!

We will always remember the first proposal at our hotel and the awesome couple that made it happen!

GM
Twin Cities
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We loved our stay at this hotel! Kelly, the general manager, was extremely helpful and friendly from the moment we walked into the hotel to check in until the last day of our stay, and Cindy, the lady in charge of the kitchen/breakfast area, was also very pleasant and accommodating during our entire stay. Both ladies regularly offered suggestions on which attractions to visit during our stay and Kelly even pulled out a map and showed us the ins & outs of how to get to our areas of interest downtown and exactly where to park. The staff seemed genuinely interested in how we were enjoying our vacation in Indy as well as how we were enjoying our stay at their hotel. And the location of this hotel is perfect - it's located in a quiet, clean area with several nice corporate office buildings nearby as well as restaurants and freeway access very close - it's only about a 10 minute drive from the hotel to Indy's beautiful downtown area. A really nice touch offered by this hotel is "breakfast bags" containing water, fruit, muffin, and cereal bar for guests to take with them when they leave the hotel in the mornings. They also have nice complimentary informal dinner receptions for guests. We'll definitely be back to Indianapolis and won't stay anywhere except this hotel!

NOTE: A previous review posted by EBMDD is extremely inaccurate and misrepresents this hotel - that review states this hotel is located in an industrial area with nothing open nearby after dark. This hotel is ABSOLUTELY NOT located in an industrial area and there are plenty of locations from which to grab a quality bite to eat that are well within close proximity to the hotel (Bob Evans restaurant is just one example)! When I read that review before our trip to Indy, I feared that this hotel was surrounded by factories with polluted smoke billowing from huge smokestacks, etc. This is not at all an accurate description of the area surrounding this hotel. Rather, as I stated in my review above, this hotel is located in a very nice corporate business park type of area with many nice corporate office buildings as well as restaurants & freeway access nearby. After staying at this hotel, I won't stay anywhere else when I travel to Indianapolis!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest - Park 100, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear BNJ235,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure to see you and your son each morning before you headed out for your adventure. It is so exciting to help new guests that come to our area and I’m glad you found so much to do!

I’m not sure when your travels will bring you back our way, but you always have a home with us.

Thanks again and have a great rest of the summer!

Kelly