“Ready To Go Home” 2 of 5 bubbles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South
Ranked #143 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Ready To Go Home”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I checked in on Thursday July 3, 2014 to find a dirty and smelly room. Here is a list of what I found; there were 11 things wrong with my room.
Dirty glass table (enough dust that I could write my name in it)
Entry door to room had white crusty stuff running down it
The bathroom had hair on the sink and toilet
The face bar they gave me was been up into miniature pieces
The refrigerator had red liquid marks running down the front of it(white frig)
The freeze had so much ice build up, can't get anything in the freezer
The coffee area had coffee on the wall and the tray that held the package had white crusty stuff on it
The sofa and table was in the middle of the floor; housekeeping never put it back against the wall
The room didn't even look like it had been vacuumed
The fan in the wall was so loud I couldn't sleep

But the staff was very nice and helpful

Room Tip: Be very careful when selecting a one bedroom suite, rooms are out dated and not clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kyla B
Janis O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Jan O'mara/Regional Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have stayed in this chain quite a bit in the last few years of traveling. We have for the most part enjoyed this chain however,...... I have to say that this was BAD at best. They took the Jacuzzi out of the pool area (a must for us when traveling) The room was Dated, Dirty Carpeting (felt sticky to your feet - Washed then put shoes back on) Bathroom was AWFUL - Tub had some sort of paint on the bottom, vanity was so old - Not sure but looked dirty so I CLEANSED everything. The TV "guide" was No Where Near Correct so it was by just channel surfing that you found what you wanted,. Furniture in room was to the point of dilapidation chairs wiggled and squeaked when you sat and the HORRIBLE old sofa (not even sure why it was in the room) was just plain disgusting. Will hesitate and demand to see rooms in this chain (at least the CI&S) before I ever book here again.. VERY DISAPPOINTING

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LindaDavus57

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

My family and I stayed one night here while in town for a dr appointment. The room was clean, although it was cold, our air unit was left on high cool for who knows how long. It only took a small amount of time to get it comfortable. The beds were comfortable as well and was surprised to see plenty of extra blankets in our closet if needed, nice toiletries in bathroom and the pool was nice and clean with a perfect temperature. Breakfast had a nice selection of hot and cold foods and the staff was really nice. The room was very quiet, we heard no outdoor/next door noises and slept great, will probably stay here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Bottom floor was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kobysmom2010
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend Fri-Sun. We chose this hotel specifically because it had wifi, an indoor pool and free breakfast! We also got a great rate on Priceline, which made it even better. The room itself was clean and quiet, although initially it did have a musty odor.
The pool was in good shape and the temperature was good for this time of year.
Breakfast was a good variety. Fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits and pastries. The kids especially liked making their own waffles!
The only negative thing I would say was some of the staff interaction. Housekeeping did a halfway job on our room both days, our coffee pot didn't work in our room, and the attendant to the breakfast station wasn't the nicest person I'd ever come in contact with, but perhaps she was having a bad day.
Overall, I would stay again if I was looking for basic accommodations s and got the same rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnydaze276
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights 5/22-26/14 while going to events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The staff was excellent and the facilities more than adequate. The location has restaurants nearby within walking distance...we really liked the Texas Roadhouse. it was a good location for going to IMS and is very quiet. The room was good...
If you are looking for a hotel on this side of the city with lots of suburban type amenities nearby this would be a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill F
Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

After a long day, I came to this hotel at 9 p.m. At night to check in. They had misplaced my business's authorisation form so I ended up having to pay for this on my personal credit card. I know they got the form, because I have a copy of the fax receipt.

The rooms are old, dated, and the furniture is pretty torn up. It is torn up to the point to look rather dirty. There were several items in the room that did not work properly.

The noise from the expressway on the side facing the hotel is very loud. Even with leaving the fan on the air conditioning system and in the bathroom on, the noise is distracting for sleep.

The entrance and pool are kept up nice enough. But its nothing to write home about.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LeadReviewerIAC
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We are so sorry for the trouble you experienced when checking in! We will certainly make sure that management understand how much this affected your stay, and why these issues need to be handled before you arrive.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel upgraded me to a king-suite at my request when I used reward member points for the night. The lobby attendant was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed that there is not a whirlpool any longer in the pool area. The breakfast area is TINY and did not allow for me to eat with my kids because there were only a few tables and chairs. It was also incredibly HOT in the breakfast area. The air-conditioning in our room somehow was shut off at 10 a.m.-ish, which I suppose is to either encourage people to check out at 11 a.m. or to save money in case people left their window units on after they had left. This must have been done at a breaker or elsewhere, because it had worked fine up til then. I didn't fuss because I was leaving anyway. There was only shampoo/conditioner for ONE person, despite my reservation stating I had FOUR people in the room, and I had to ask for more. There were no pillows for the pull-out bed. I was told the rooms all had NEW microwaves and refrigerators that were JUST installed last week, but they were OLD and grungy looking, NOT NEW. I was informed that the hotel was about to be renovated, and I agree that it needs it. I didn't find out until the next day on our way out that there was tons of shopping options just across the freeway and that would have been nice to know.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank yanknreb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#11 of 178 in Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South? Share your experiences!