“NASTY (and we're not picky)”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN
Ranked #138 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“NASTY (and we're not picky)”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've stayed at Country In & Suites and this location was the worst we've seen. Room stunk bad, carpet was damp and nasty, shower head didn't work correctly, the shower water nozzle/handle was busted and loose, bed sheets were damp, we killed a big spider my 3 year old daughter discovered in the closet, no coffee in morning, nasty gnats were all over the orange juice dispenser, etc

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank kloponline
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and our complimentary breakfast. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Weatherford, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Spent two nights while visiting the racetrack. Our room was clean but a little worn. It needed updates to the furniture, and the TV was a tired old tube with no HD. The staff made up for lots as they were very friendly and went out of their way to help. The breakfast bar was clean, but no yogurt. Powdered eggs and cold biscuits, but lots of fresh fruit. Lots of other motels in the area, along with several walking distance restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cattleman007
San Francisco
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm a Special Events Salesperson that lives on the road all year round so it's important for me to feel at home when I check into a hotel. I usually stay at a Hilton, or Hyatt property, but there were no rooms available in this area for my travel dates, so I checked into the Country Inn on Southport and I must say that I was really surprised. Each morning the staff would ask me how my stay is going and if they can do anything for me. And several times, Jan, the manager came up to me and told me if there is anything I need, just tell her and she'll make it happen. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the price was a lot less than what I've been paying at other hotels. I'm going to start taking a closer look at Country Inn's on my future travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Moweaqua
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Rooms are very worn, We did get a whirlpool suite for $85 per night with a Club Carlson discount. Patched holes in bathroom ceiling, Damaged towel rack and shower rod, worn carpet, CRT TV. If not for the price I would have dropped reservation after reading other reviews here.. This facility is not up to the Country Inn and Suites standards by a long shot. The staff was pleasant and helpful with internet connection problem. Dont stay here until they update the building.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moweaqua_Dad
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The first room we checked into the remote control for the TV didn't work. Took it ito the desk for new batteries. Still didn't work. Wife used the commode and when it was flushed, the refuse did not entirely clear. Then I noticed the tank was not refilling. I had to remove the lid and then lift the refill mechanism to start the refill. Thinking this was a tempory thing, I reflushed and had to repeat the whole process to refill the tank. The description of the room said rooms had micro and fridge which was missing in room. Went to the desk and was moved to a new room where everything was fine.
The pool was another matter. The pool and hot tub were closed by the board of health. My question is, what makes the board of health close a pool? Looks to me like someone isn't maintaining the pool properly. We also weren't told they weren't open on check-in.
The breakfast was adequate. Scrambled eggs were burnt on the bottom, I had to throw them away. Good thing there was biscuts and sausage gravy.
Probaby won't be staying here again unless I read about some updates and repairs happening.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brenda5404
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry for the issue of the commode. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. Microwave and refrigerators are offered in our Jacuzzi rooms and one bedroom suites only. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact Customer Care at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com.
Palos Heights, Illinois
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The problem with this hotel line is the inconsistency. I stayed at one last month in Gurnee,IL and it was excellent-5's across the board. This location had very nice personnel but it was not well kept and badly in need of renovation.

• Stayed January 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly or feel free to contact us at Customer Care. Our email is CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you've stayed at other Country Inn & Suites, you're going to think you booked the wrong hotel. This location is definitely not up to their standards. Our room needed updating, and one chair was actually ready for the trash. Typically, the free breakfast is a real bonus. While they did have their usual china dishes and real silverware (which we appreciate), the breakfast foods were just awful. I'm not sure how many days the scrambled eggs had been reheated and the fruit compote smelled fishy. We won't stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank flyingtomato11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#13 of 180 in Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis South, IN? Share your experiences!