“well, we survived, but barely”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Executive Inn

Executive Inn
Executive Inn
Ranked #137 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Bloomington, Indiana
“well, we survived, but barely”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The desk clerk checking in was awesome, honored our google maps discount, making a pretty cheap stay at about 45.00. he also pointed to an excellent chinese restaurant across the street.
I started to wonder when I saw all the marks on the door of the room. then I noticed the slidey-thing that locks the door had been replaced and made me wonder if the marks on the door might had something to do with the door having been broken in to... not good. problem with outlets had to get creative to be able to plug in 2 cells. light by the table, outlet not working, one between beds not working either. sigh. the worst was the blankets. they might have been clean, but they were untouchable- like they had been washed thousands of times with obvious signs of wear. they were rough and sort of stuck to you. i threw them off the bed. had to go way across to the other side for an ice machine that worked, located in a beaten up room. pretty sure there are permanent residents over there by that ice machine, some that didn't look to be in very good shape. cheapest continental breakfast i have ever seen. bagel in a plastic pack. muffins in a plastic pack. little styrofoam cups for coffee. some cereal boxes, the small ones. bit of noise coming and going at night, car alarm went out. I got up and checked my vehicle. didn't trust the area...air conditioner was loud, but kind of helped as white noise...bothered me that the BIG tv in the lobby was going all the time, all night, all day.
I wanted to save money, but not sure this was worth it.

Room Tip: probably should go elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thomas_h_BJJ

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Westchester, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This had to be the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at!!! Not only was it dirty and it smelled horrible, they also have no compassion for there guests! They had a hugh party at the hotel and I had made 2 phone calls to the front desk one at 12:00 am & 1:30 am to ask them to have the party turn down the very loud latin music, let me tell u nothing was done, they turned it down when they wanted to. I also had to go to CVS to buy Lysol because the smell in the room made us sick! They also should be in trouble because there was not one smoke detector in the room and I was on the 2nd floor. Also there were no locks (they were removed) so anyone could walk the hallways of that hotel from any entrance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
North Dakota
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We booked on-line for our very first trip to a NASCAR race. There were three of us. My son, son in-law and myself. The location of the Motel was OK. Easy to find, easy to get around. The problems were that they advertised "newly remodeled" & "free continental breakfast". There was nothing about the place that suggested "newly remodeled", only if you count the fact that our door jamb latch plate had been replaced because someone had kicked the door in. To get the door to latch, you had to pull up "hard" on the knob. The electronic locks were very hard to get to work. There was a pungent smell in the main lobby. The rooms were bad. They appeared to be somewhat clean, but the bedspreads had rips and tears and holes in them. There was very little water pressure in the sink. The shower had better water pressure but the enclosure was in bad need of replacement. It was stained and had a bar missing from it that allowed water to run in behind the enclosure. Certainly this would have to grow mold and mildew and eventually rot the framework in the walls. The toilet was loose to the point that it lifted up when leaning from side to side. It felt as if the toilet was not bolted down to the floor. The first time it was used, my son in-law almost fell off into the tub enclosure. We are not sure how it did not leak being so loose. The towels were full of lint or perhaps disintegrating as we were using them. They left fibers all over your body when used. We never had any tissues in the tissue holder throughout the entire stay. There were no instructions on how to use the television with the satellite dish. The clock/radio did not work properly. It was extremely hard to dial in a station and set the volume. The alarm did not work. The ice machine was in a small room or closet by itself. This room was filthy! No lights. You had to leave the door open to allow light in. The tray on the ice machine was broken out and had mold growing all around the hole in the tray. The last morning of our stay, I decided to visit the lobby for the "free continental breakfast". The only items they had was cereal. I believe they had cornflakes, rice krispies and cheerios. There was no milk, bowls, plates, spoons, napkins, juice, water or anything else that resembled a continental breakfast besides a toaster setting in front of the cereal containers. Had I not paid for the rooms last December, we would have never stayed there. I did not want to go through the hassle of trying to credit my card accounts and I doubted that there were any rooms available due to the Brickyard 400 that weekend. My son has three seats to the Brickyard reserved in his name, so we will be planning on numerous trips to Indianapolis in the future. We will not be staying at the Travelodge again.

• Stayed July 2008
northdave, Manager at Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
We are very sorry to hear that you were had so many problems with your stay. We would like you to know that we have joined the Americas Best Value Inn brand and have made many improvements since your stay. All of our rooms were renovated in 2010 and improvements to the public areas of the property were done as well. Please come back and stay with us again to give us another opportunity to show you what we have done. Thank you
London
Reviewed August 10, 2007

OK for one night but only just. The reception area smelt strongly of curry. The room was dingy, the bath tub had a crack in the base and we had to ask for a remote for the TV. We also had to ask for tea and coffee the next morning and only toast was available. All in all not a great experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twickenhamagogo
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2007

There was an awful smell in the room. We had to buy air fresners.
the carpet was badly worn, cigarette burns on the bath tub, The shower had big pieces missing out of it. The breakfast was only cold ceral.

• Disliked — The smell in the room!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank jayp1437
Bidwell, Ohio
Reviewed August 30, 2006

This hotel was filthy, I wouldn't stay there again if it was free!! The carpet was coming up, there was a large area of dried blood on the mattress, headboard, and wall. There was dried feces on the bathroom door, there were cigarette burns on the bathtub.... I could go on and on, but you get the picture... Worst hotel I've ever stayed in!!

• Liked — nothing good to say
  • Disliked — room cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here