“great for park and ride”

Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #21 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
“great for park and ride”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stay at this hotel quite often. The rooms are always clean and staff are very friendly and helpful. The food in the galley is really good. The drivers are on time and very courteous. The only downfall to this hotel is it can get a little noisy. We asked for a quite room and was still woke up numerous times by kids screaming in the hallways.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Syntow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have stayed here several times when we need to stay close to the airport for an early flight. This place is perfect for that. Large rooms, but bathrooms are a little small. But, this is OK for an overnight stay. Shuttle service was great and very prompt. The complimentary breakfast is good and well done. All of the employees were very courteous and helpful. We enjoyed being able to have a drink with our friends at the small bar in the lobby. If you are looking for luxury and are staying a week in Indy, this might not be the place, but for convenient, clean, and comfortable rooms, this is the perfect hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Versailles, France
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you are expecting the Hyatt experience at this hotel....don't. This is a fine average hotel. Spacious room, clean, large HD TV. But, it does not reflect the experience you get at a Hyatt. For instance: heating/cooling system-- under the window type and noisy; bathroom tub --small bathroom fan -- loud; maid doesn't organize your toiletries nicely on the sink or wrap up hair dryer; no room service; TV is new, but remote is old and doesn't function (true of my colleagues rooms as well).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was there on a last minute business trip and felt bummed out that I couldn't get a hotel in downtown. Found this one. It was my first time staying there. Breakfast included in the hotel rate was really very good, with range of hot and cold items. Compared to other places that have similar options, it felt more convenient as it was relatively small and I didn't have to go to some restaurant somewhere to get the same. The hotel reservation counter flows into a small bar. The staff seemed to treat me as if I was a regular customer.

The hallways seemed perfumed, well-lit and well-maintained. The room was furnished nicely. The bed was comfortable. Complimentary internet is much appreciated. The heater was not noisy. The bed was comfortable. There's a sofa bed too. The place was quiet and allowed me to get a good night's rest.

I noticed right away upon first checking into my room that plastic seat on the toilet was quite loose. Called the front desk right away, and they sent maintenance within minutes with a replacement seat and within minutes he had done his job.

After dinner outside, I returned only to have my key card not work. First they reprogrammed it and when it still didn't work, accompanied me to the door and said that she was convinced that the battery in the electronic lock in the door needed to be replaced. She apologized profusely, offered me a complimentary glass of wine while I waited in the lobby as maintenance fixed the problem.

So, I had 2 issues needing maintenance on my first night at this hotel, but they were both handled very professionally. I would go there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,678 helpful votes
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Pretty decent hotel about 12 minutes driving from the airport. The parking lot was full, so I suspect the hotel’s reputation draws a steady crowd. We checked in around 2 AM, and it felt a little collegiate, as if the night owl shift was assigned to trainees. There was a supervisor disguised as a patron nearby with his laptop. The process could have been speedier had our room been pre-assigned, but we managed.

I liked the layout of the Hyatt. It had more character than a generic hotel room, with separate work area and couch, isolated bathroom, and large mirror and counter to wash up.

Beds were a little creaky but fine. I slept well. Internet was wireless and worked. The Ethernet cable was dead as was the phone on the desk. Might have been nice to have had a view of the air traffic rather than the gas station across the street. All slight annoyances, but for a night or two, they aren't showstoppers.

Complimentary breakfast was good, not great. By the time we arrived, the oatmeal was gone, and the breakfast sandwiches (egg, Canadian bacon, English muffin, etc.) were a bit cold. Sliced fruit came from a bottle. Pastries looked processed – would have been nice to have croissants. Coffee was okay, but why no real cream? Also, they told us breakfast began at 6 and we planned to eat at the airport the morning of our 6:15 AM flight only to find a whole array of cold items set up as early as 4:45 AM. They should make this clear to everyone – we would have budgeted time to eat on the premises.

Not sure I would return. There was no pool or anything within walking distance. For a clean bed not too far from the airport, it was acceptable, but I wouldn’t call it a vacation mecca by any means!

Room Tip: Cold breakfast is available well before 6 AM.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Such nice rooms and such a great price for what you get. We paid just $30 extra for them to shuttle us to the airport and park there for the duration of our 7-day vacation. Wonderful hot breakfast for free, also!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Constantia, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Travel fast & easy with no problems! I stayed here on business in between flights, and also held a seminar here. Wonderful, friendly staff that are helpful from beginning to end.

About 10 min from the new IND airport, FREE shuttle warmed up and ready for you at the door upon request. 24/7 food menu, not a lot of choices, but everything I tried was so worth it! Nice for late/early flights when you need to eat at odd times! FREE hot breakfast (I'm talking like - breakfast sandwich hot!), and FREE wifi - (Wifi worked great for me, fast streaming, no buffering)

Rooms: A standard room is very spacious; large sectional couch w/ ottoman, standard office desk/work area, counter space with sink, coffee maker, and mini refrigerator, HUGE flatscreen that tilts off the wall to each side of the room. I noticed they even have hookups on the wall for DVD players, game consoles, etc. Large vanity area - outside of bath.

Price was great! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - especially a stressed, tired airport traveler looking for a warm bed, and convenience.

Room Tip: Try the BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza - It's outstanding!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business