Columbia Club
Omni Hotels
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate clubmonument circlevalet and bell staffgrand lobbycomfortable lobbyoffice buildingsoldiers and sailors monumentvalet parkingdowntown indianapolisfitness centergreat downtown locationper dayup to dateconferenceunitsmarriottartwork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had an event to attend at Lucas Oil. After using a website to book our room and receiving a confirmation number, we arrived at the hotel to find that we had no reservation. My confirmation number didn't matter because I booked through a third party website. After scrambling for several minutes, she found a room that was being held for someone who had not arrived yet. We paid online for a deluxe floor king room. I was told that this room was not available but if I contacted the website I booked through I could get a refund for the difference. Running late to my event at this point I agreed. As she was typing my info in to the computer several people came down complaining that their keys didn't work. Which seems to be a common complaint about this hotel. I then arrived in my room to find a bathroom the size of a closet, and decorated like I was on a submarine. The trim had been stripped from all of the doors and hallways. And there was one tiny mirror in the bathroom. One vending machine in the entire hotel, which was sold out of everything. Very disappointing, especially for the money spent.
Next day, I contact the third party website to attempt to get my refund, they call the hotel to verify my story. And I am told that the hotel says they billed the third party website for the entire amount, with no discount. What??? So I call the hotel. "Oh we are sorry. We will tell them the situation." Never again will I stay at the hotel. And never again will I use a third party booking website!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nichole W
Reviewed March 14, 2012

need to update rooms / bathroom needs fan/ trim needs to be replace vvrtvrti irv rivrvr vr iirvrivri ivrv

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank reno g
Reviewed February 24, 2012

well the first day I checked in, right from the start they gave me a bad key, i had to get back into the elevator run all the way back down and tell them the key doesn't work,,,let me also remind you that this was at 2am in the morning,,i grab my luggage go back up and opened my door,,wow what a surprise,,my room looked like someone just had sex and left it within minutes,,i call downstairs to request someone to come up and see the room, not one manager on site or anyone couldn't come up...the girl downstairs gave me another room and again i had to go back downstairs cause she was the only one there...NOT MY FAULT.. the next morning i took a shower, then couldn't get any hot water..i had to take a slightly cold shower and just get to work, at this moment, I am still wondering why a manager haent called me about the 2 bad experiences I already received when this was supposed to be a 5 star hotel from a travel site i learned by like this site...which this site is much better and honest to get this kind of info...anyway,,as i come back to the hotel after working 12 hours,, guess what? my key doesn't work again,,i go back downstairs,,thinking should I scream, or be calm...i nicely tell the the lady at the counter that my key doesn't work AGAIN...she didn't even say, AGAIN? why what happen? could i get a manager for you? NOTHING!!!! so i just pick up my bag and go back to my room...They cleaned my room, thank god,,but NO toilet paper,,,this has to be the first time in my life that when I stayed at a hotel and they cleaned my room, that the cleaning lady forgot the toilet paper....this was the first,,but happening to me only...
as I go back downstairs to ask for toilet paper, remember, they do not have anyone that works after 10 pm here..its what it seems,,cause i still havent had 1 manager, or neither 1 employee offer me the toilet paper to my room, I get my toilet paper and go back up to my room, and again, cant get in,,the key doesn't work again...i go back downstairs and ask for another key...next day...take another cold shower..its like they only had a 40 gal water heater for the whole building or something..i then ask for a manager later on that day, and was told she left out of the building for a minute,,i said OK, went back upstairs,,2 hours later, i called downstairs and now that same lady that didn't tell this manager that i wanted her,,,forgot to tell this manager that i wanted her,,,and that she went home...6pm.... couldn't believe it...i had to look around to see if there was any cameras around and that if my friends were in town playing games with me,,and wanted it on camera...like a huge joke..cause sometimes my friends do things like this....it was just getting bad every day and for the same thing...long story short..I finally got to speak a manager,, and SHE said she would take care of this problem and have her general Manager call me..Ive sent an email to them,, and again and again and again...and yet nothing...!!!then the General Manager calls me and tells me he was sorry and he wanted to accommodate me, and I said by what? he offered me to stay again there, and i was like ya right!!! is that a joke or what? then he said he was going to put the money back onto my credit card...and i said ok..this was going on almost 2 months now..and still noting and no reply on my email...so now i gave them plenty of chances and im on here giving my review....Bad service deserves Bad comments!!! simple as that..DO NOT GO HERE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT. i had a better experience staying at a RedRoof inn. and at a cheap hotel that this so call 5 star hotel...someone lied about this hotel on a site similar to this site...I WORK AS A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR UNITED PRESS ASSOC. AND FOR NBC NEWS OUT OF CHICAGO..

Room Tip: if you going to Indianapolis downtown area hotel...please ask them for a street view of the town,,not the alley view..
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a top notch place to stay. It is so quiet and elegant. It really feels like you are stepping back in time. The rooms are so clean and nicely organized. The bathrooms are a bit small but suffice. Comfy beds and wonderful professional service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I would like a chance to voice my displeasure with fhis company. We arrived at the hotel at 3:15 pm and were informed that we were moved from your hotel. This was after we had already valeted our car. Now question #1; why wasn't an e-mail sent (escpecially in this day and age of smart phones). No cancallation documentation was given. We then were told to go around the corner to the Hyatt Garden Inn. They were very nice there; but guess what; no rollaway; so I had the pleasure of sleeping on a chair.

They portray themselves as an upscale establishment; but honestly, I have been treated better at a Red Roof. I am absolutely stunned that this is the way they treat your customers. I had sent a e-mail (similar to this) and have never recieved a response.

I am a engineering manager for a large OEM; so this isn't the first time I have traveled; but thanks to them, it was one of the worst!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business