“Nice location decent hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South

Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South
Ranked #131 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
East Lansing, MI
“Nice location decent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here during the night on the way down to Florida. It was a nice location, everything was in order, and we slept well. No breakfast but there was a McDonalds within walking distance.

It took us longer to get there due to construction on Southbound I69 right before I465.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof13, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your journey to Florida. We are glad that you found everything to your liking. I will share your comments with the rest of my team. Safe travels to and from Florida. We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Monte Suddeth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Horrible. Outdated. Noisy. People partying outside until 5am. If you want a blow dryer or an iron, you have to check them out at the office. The light and fan in the bathroom rattled so loud we couldn't use it. Will never be back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank BestTymes
RedRoof13, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you for a less than enjoyable stay. I would like to discuss your stay with you, if possible. Please give me a call at 317-788-9551 at your convenience. Thank you.

Monte Suddeth

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Hammond, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My normal preference in motels are the Choice Hotel chain, but for a real inexpensive stay while traveling, I've been generally satisfied with most Red Roof Inns. One major reason for that is the fact that Red Roof is very pet friendly and I love having our Shih Tzu travel with us. We stayed in a non-smoking standard king bed room and were quite satisfied with the accomodation, the service and my wallet was extremely happy with this Inn for less than $50. I would recommend it to any one looking for decent inexpensive digs. Our room was clean with no vermin!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof13, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We do hope that both you and your Shih Tzu had an enjoyable time and look forward to seeing you return to our location when your travels bring you back to Indianapolis. I will share your comments with our staff.

South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Average hotel room with some wear and tear all around the room, but nothing that impacted my stay. The room was clean with a microwave and coffee maker.

My own cons would be it did not provide a blow dryer and only had two 'n one shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof13, Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We do appreciate our guests taking time to give feedback. Some of the Red Roof Inns are equipped with a hair dryer & iron in all of their rooms. If a Red Roof Inn does not have these items in the rooms, they are available at the front desk. Also, please do not hesitate to ask for any additional supplies for your room. Once again, I would like to extend my thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Got bed bugs. Had to go to the hospital for treatment. No one from the hotel nor hotels.com contacted me to check on my health and well being. Lost all clothes, briefcase, travel bag, luggage and no one contacted me. Had to leave the hospital and go get clothes. Have been waiting for days for someone to contact me. No one has. Person at the hotel advised me that they normally has to spray for bugs one or twice a month. Took bugs off of me and show to hotel management and turned them over to health department at the hospital. Old and smelly hotel and was not clean. Hair in towels, sink, bathtub and dirty carpet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler19999
RedRoof13, Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear James,

I would like to again extend my sincerest apologies to you for your unfortunate incident. As I indicated to you on the telephone, your situation being handled by our Corporate Insurance Co. They will be in contact with you. Also, you may contact me at anytime if you have any questions. It was a pleasure speaking with you, and again, please accept my sincerest apologies for your unfortunate incident.

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not only is this hotel dated with exterior doors, unclean, stained carpet, bathroom so small you can barely get in the door, hair in sink and tub, low quality internet, smelly, beer drinking guest in the parking lot, and then to get bed bugs. This hotel should have been closed back in the 1990. Now I must make a trip to hospital to get check out. Called the hotel front desk after I killed two of bed bugs and they only offer to change me to another room. This would have been room number 3 due to the fact room one air conditioning was not working on a day the temperature was over 95 degrees." AVOID THIS HOTEL'

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank WorldTraveler2492
Dear guest,

It is unfortunate that you did not inform neither myself or my front desk staff of your complaint. We take allegations like this very seriously & investigate them thoroughly. It is also unfortunate that you never allowed me or my staff to apologize to you and the opportunity to try and make things right with you. We try to make each of our guests stay as enjoyable as possible. If you would be so kind as to contact me at (317) 788-9551 so I can get your information & the details of your allegations.

Regards,

Chicago vicinity
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a reservation "issue" at my preferred hotel, the Red Roof on the northside of Indianapolis, and stayed at this property instead. My rating is probably generous from the perspective of a high-maintenance traveler. But I was thankful to have found alternate facility as quickly and easily as I did.
This property has not been remodeled and updated, ever, unlike the northside Red Roof. Our room, like the hotel, looked old and dated. The color scheme was burgundy and hunter green, the fuzzy-feel good colors of the late 1980's. Nor did I feel any love for the old, picture-tube TV! The room was clean and everything worked. My chief complaint was that the towels were getting thin and our room was stocked with extra medium sized towels, presumably to make up for the fact that we short one large bath towel. Then again, the room was $15+ cheaper than the northside RR location. The service was mixed. The night clerk at check-in was friendly and quick. The day clerk at check-out moved at a glacial pace and could not have acted less interested in being there. The hotel is just off of I-465 and has lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BigTool
RedRoof13, Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - South, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for posting a positive comments. The staff tries to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Indianapolis. Sincerely, Monte Suddeth General Manager