“Definitely a disappointment in Indy!”

Sybaris Indianapolis
A TripAdvisor Member
“Definitely a disappointment in Indy!”
Reviewed March 1, 2006

I took my partner there to celebrate her birthday. We had stayed before with no problems and were impressed with the cleanliness and attention of the staff. This time, unfortunately, was a very different story. Upon arrival, we noticed Huge, muddy footprints all over the floor. Because the cleaning staff was gone for the day and the other signature suites were booked, we had to tough it out. No refund was offered. We managed to cover the spots and tried to have fun but when we entered the pool area, my partner noticed a huge "splatter" stain on the mirror and a bunch of footprints. Horrified, we called the front desk and, again, nothing was done. We got out of the pool and decided that we could just enjoy the steam room and watch a movie we brought with us. The DVD Player has no remote and you can't operate the on screen menus without them so that was a wash. Someone from the desk, an elderly man with no expertise, came down and tried to fix the DVD player and in the process messed up the Satellite connection. When I finally complained to the manager, we were offered a stay on a Friday for the same price as a week night stay but that hardly made up for the spoiled birthday.

• Stayed January 2006
42 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed February 13, 2006

It was the best place we have ever gone to & was really able to get away from our 3 teenage kids & everyday life in general! I would recomend it to anyone if your marriage is already wonderful or if you are having problems & want to fix it!

• Stayed February 2006
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Green Bay WI
Reviewed January 15, 2006

I have also been to Sybaris many times, the first trip was given to my wife and I by my mother in law for our honeymoon present. I alsways stay at the sybaris in Mequon WI the reason I am responding to this post is the writer stated that you have to pay for a yearly membership that is correct however with the sybaris in WI if you purchase a presidential pass for 5 continous years in a row you no longer have to ever buy another membership of any kind for life, and you also get free early check in or late check out.
We are always able to get early check in at around 12:30 pm and check out at 11:00 am the next day. I do agree the prices are up there but if your able to go on a monday thru wednesday the rate drops considerablly. I must admit I have never had any problems with the staff at Sybaris or the rooms themselves, I had asked one time to have the pool temp turned up and within 5 minutes one of thier charming staff people came right over and took care of it.
If you are looking for a trully memorable and romantic getaway I highly advise checking out any of the sybaris properties.

11 Thank MrOzzfest2006
Reviewed November 16, 2005

My husband and I visited the Sybaris International for our honeymoon. Only God knows the peace,love,serenity,and closeness we felt, and the foundation we established together at the Sybaris international. I could not have thought of a better way to begin our lives together, Sybaris is truly "Heaven on Earth". Whether your newlyweds, having an anniversary, or just want to get away there is no other place to go. Even if your having problems in your relationship and your not quite sure if it is over, if you go to Sybaris and your marriage is not restored it is definitely time to get out. Sybaris puts the Romance in Romantic and the Love in LOVE!! Words truly can not express how I felt on my honeymoon, but for the first time in my life I can feel my heart smiling. Thank you, Sybaris International This was a Dream come true.

• Stayed November 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rockford,MI
Reviewed October 12, 2005

If you are looking for a hotel to get away and have a ton of fun doing so Sybaris is the place. I rented the Signature Swimming Pool sutie for my wife and I to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary and we had the time of our lives. You just don't find clubs of this nature and quality out there any old place.

11 Thank 333deana
Reviewed October 7, 2005

I have been a presidental member for 5 yrs now. i go to sybaris twice a yr to relax, to enjoy my spouse, an the employees at sybaris, they are so helpful with getting you to ur rooms,any problems u may have.......i was so happy with the service there.
Crystal is very helpful as far as reservation,she is a find an she knows her job very well.......
The rooms are heavenly..clean, the pools are very well kept up,but dont take my word for it ...please u must go to any of the location , i was skeptable til i made the trip......now i go twice a yr, yes the prices are high . but i dont travel much ......an the distant is short for me.
It's a lovely an romantic place to go just to get away.....
A friend told me about Sybaris an i've been a member ever since.....
lol im trying to get another trip there before the winter sets in,,,i truly hopes it happen......
but u got to visit there .....its worth it

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2005

I took my fiance to Sybaris as a surprise birthday present. It was very expensive, but well worth it. I have never seen or imagined a more wonderful romantic playground. We stayed in a signature swimming pool suite on a friday night. The room was clean and cozy. The bed was awesome with sexy lights in blue and pink you could turn on or off. Over the bed was a black area with lights like stars, really neat and romantic. You could also turn that off so that it was more like a mirror. There was also a nice fireplace and table. They had romantic music playing on the stereo which is hooked up to an expensive sound system that pipes music into both the bedroom and the pool room. There is also a tv that has normal programs and playboy, etc, but we didn't watch that. I got a special birthday package which involved red rose petals scattered on the bed, champaigne, and massage oil. It was a nice touch.

The indoor pool was the best part. There is a glass wall that seperates the pool from the bedroom, but the smell of chlorine does penetrate into the bedroom. The pool was also clean. It was a good size for swimming for two. It was just the most amazing experience to skinny dip indoors in our own private pool. The waterfall was not that neat. Although it did make water fall from the ceiling, it fell to hard and was uncomfortable to swim underneath.

This room also had a steam room which was also quite enjoyable. There was also a whirlpool tub that looked great, but we never had a chance to use it. Every inch of this room was super sexy and romantic. As you can tell, you can entertain yourself for quite some time in this room.

After staying in this room, I've wanted to go back from the minute we left. I just wish it wasn't so expensive! When comparing the rates, also keep in mind that you have to pay a membership fee for a year to stay there. It's an added little extra cost. I'd have been back ten times by now if it weren't for the cost. Still, I definitely plan on returning soon, and its worth the money.

• Stayed December 2004