“The perfect way for couples to reconnect!”

Sybaris Indianapolis
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a HUGE germ-a-phob so I am always a little nervous to stay anywhere but home. Check in was fast and easy. It is a 'gated facility' of sorts;you need a code to get your car past the front gate. We stayed in Lot 4. The exterior of #4 was a little rough but as soon as we opened the door to the room we forgot all about what the outside looked like! My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 15 year anniversary and this was the perfect way for us to reconnect.

There are a few minor things I would like to see improved. First the err umm adult video channels need some major updating! Seemed to be from the 80's :-) Also the robes were great, though not 2/$75 great... If the price point was a little lower sales may increase! The bathroom was also a little out of date but very clean! We had a wonderful time! I would recommend Sybaris Indianapolis to all couples. We plan to visit the WI location next!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank LiveWel

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A great place to enjoy a special occasion with your special someone. Enjoyed out time. Room was very clean and very comfortable. We were afraid the rooms might be a little trashy or cheesy. This was not the case at all. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Toney S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for her birthday and it was simply amazing! The front desk receptionist was really nice and explained everything we needed to know. We were impressed with the seperate house like rooms and when we opened the door, everything looked very nice and they even had the radio on. Very romantic feel. Everything looked clean, the pool felt great, and there were plenty of towels, which was nice. The satellite TV didn't get the best reception, but we were surprised by the free "adult channels". We had little to no complaints about our night here and will definitely be returning. It is worth every penny. We even got a free late check out coupon because we had a light out in the steam room. Very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea A
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The coolest and most exclusive feature of these "cottages" are the pools. That's what you're paying for. My fiance and I went here for my birthday as we were also going to see a concert at the state park outdoor theatre in the city. We were expecting high class at the rates they charge, and it's quite less than that. Aside from some of the tacky elements, (fake plants and beach scenes as well as a horrible "starry night" mirror on the ceiling....) there's really no place to accommodate clothing. It's not really geared for multiple night stays and we were booked for 3 nights. The plus side? it was spotless. It had a pool that was all to our own, a hot-tub and a decent shower. The sink bowls were pretty as well but the faucets needed to be built out a little more as you end up with water all over the counter. Oh, and the bed sheets do not fit right and the mattresses could use an update.

The BIG deal- They know they have an issue with air conditioning. Read the reviews. It's not like they don't know and lo and behold... the same issue happened to us. We had driven 12 hours from Minnesota, having just been to visit family and came home to Ohio by way of Indi for this ~get away~ resort type stay - so we thought. The main area room was 85 degrees when we arrived. Thinking nothing of it, we turned the air down to 75 and hit the pool. 2 hours later, still 85. We called the front desk and her pre-programmed responses of supplying industrial fans for us or calling maintenance was offered. (almost $400.00 a night, right? industrial fans? heck no)

As I was on the phone with her, which only dials out to the front desk by the way.... I turned the air down to 68. No change. I told her that I did this and she was all ready to state that it was my fault that I froze the A/C. However... I didn't, as I only turned it down right then and told her so.

What you need to know? They do NOT check the A/C to be sure it works. They don't tell you not to turn it down under 75 or you will freeze it, and the desk attendant did mention that the A/C units are unpredictable. We opted for maintenance as I have allergies and can't be in a scalding room, fans or no fans. He arrived in 30 minutes. Didn't need to enter our "cottage" and within 35-40 minutes the air did come on and cool off to it's 75 degree safe zone.

I'm not sure if all the Sybaris locations are set up this way, but it was definitely not the luxurious experience that we felt we were getting as we made our reservations. If you want a pool in your room, that's what you'll get. And it was great to have that feature. Will we go back? No way.

Indi Sybaris needs some attention if they want to prove to be as worthy of their pricing and supposed experience as advertised. I don't think that will happen.

Room Tip: "Cottage" 21 is right by the street. There are signs in the room that warn you to take yo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank JessRox
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went to Sybaris to celebrate our second anniversary. We would definately go back again! It is very pricey, but I would say it is worth it. We were about 20 minutes early before the check in time, but we were still allowed to check in with no problems at all. We stayed in the Paradise suite, so we had our own pool (which we thought would be a little bit bigger, but it was nice for just the two of us) our own jaccuzzi and our own steam room. The pool temperature was great, the steam room we didnt use it was way too hot for our liking. The massage chair was awesome! If we go next again we will def. be getting the suite with a water slide in it. The tv channels did not have the greatest picture quality (kind of fuzzy) and my husband complained because there were no sports channels (there are "adult" channels). But the trip wasnt about watching tv anyway! The whole room had an awesome sound system. It was a very clean room. There were ash trays in there so I assume you can smoke, but it did not smell of smoke at all. The front desk people were also very friendly and helpful. We had a microwave and a refridgerator and had food delivered directly to the room because at those prices we werent about to leave the room!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank CarSmith25
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We went to Sybaris when I saw a coupon in the local paper. We loved it. It was super relaxing. The Pool was a great temperature, the bed was comfortable, and the reception was great.

At about 9:30 we noticed several little ants near the fridge. I called the front desk. They said they were booked for the night so they could not move us, but that we could stay late the next day. I replied that I would rather just have some money back. She assured me we could do both. I also asked for some bug killer. They brought it out, set it by the front door and then called to say it was out front. The next morning, during checkout, they took $100 off my bill for my troubles! The certainly took my problem very seriously!

This was a great place to relax for the evening and have time to reconnect with that someone special!

There were great places to eat - Texas Roadhouse, etc, 5 minutes down the street, but I agree with lots of other posters - bring a cooler and your own snacks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank brandasa
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We went to Sybaris for our anniversary, traveled 2 1/2 hours to get there and paid $420. Upon arrival (15 minutes after check in time) we waited at the front desk about 15 minutes while workers spoke in spanish about our room. We were told that our room wasn't ready but would let us stay in the Paradise unit (down grade) for 2 hours until our room was ready. They did offer gift certificate for late check out on next stay. The paradise room was perfect. Pool size was nice size and room temperature was great. We were moved to our reserved suite, the majestic after 2 hours. The pool was larger in this room but all other amenities were the same. The problem with the majestic was the room temperature of the pool room was extremely hot and made the pool room and steam room unusable. The office manager was notified and offered to have maintenance look at it. We went to get something to eat and found when we returned that the temp was the same. We called the manager and was put on hold for 10 minutes. We finally hung up and called back but they picked up the phone and hung it up without speaking. Shortly after that the front office clerk showed up with a gift basket and large industrial fan. No other rooms were available. Overall, suite concept was fabulous. I would highly recommend staying in the paradise suite as the price difference for the majestic isn't worth it. Also, if choosing to stay in majestic, avoid suite #5.

Room Tip: Stay in the paradise suite and avoid majestic suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple