“Romantic and peaceful!”

Sybaris Indianapolis
Noblesville, Indiana
“Romantic and peaceful!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I have a membership here. We usually stay in the Paradise Suite. This past Friday we stayed in the Majestic and really there is not enough difference outside of a few feet in the pool and whirlpool . Not worth the change from the Paradise. But the best thing is it has always been clean! We have had a few minor maintenance issues, but these were resolved quickly. There are no windows in these individual 'cabins'. But the pictures and murals make you feel like there are. It's your ability to adjust lighting and heating/cooling. The pool is wonderful! Shower big enough for 2 ;) There is a fridge and microwave. I suggest bringing your own snacks, as you won't want to leave. Also, if you want wine or champagne, bring your own,. We weren't that happy with the ones we bought through them. I do have to give this a 5 star, overall. Enjoy!

Room Tip: My advise is the Paradise Suite.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank SisterAnnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2011

After hearing from several friends about Sybaris, my wife and I decided to take the plunge (no pun intended). For the uninitiated, Sybaris is a chain of adult-only, couple-oriented hotels featuring hot tubs, pools, steam showers, even water slides, right in the rooms! The ammenities you receive depends on the room style you reserve, but all look to be very nice.

Our room reservation included a heated 20' swimming pool, a steam shower big enough for six, whirlpool tub, fireplace, custom whole-suite music system, massage chair, and refrigerator. Terry cloth robes are made available for the length of your stay and can be purchased at the front desk. All the facilities were extremely clean and well cared for. The pool was very warm and all the lights in the whole suite are dimmable and adjustable. The decor was a little dated but we didn't go there to look at the room.

Be sure to bring drinks and food with you on your stay, because once you're there, you're not going to want to leave. Also, be aware, this is an adult-oriented hotel. That means the adult channels on the cable are activated and included in your bill. You have to punch in the channel on the remote to get to them, but be warned, they are available. It's definately not child-friendly, but as stated before, it's not intended to be.

While on the pricey side, there are multiple discounts to be had depending on time of year of your stay, which days of the week you'll be there, and through other promotions. If you sign up on their website with your birthdate and anniversary date, they will send you additional discounts on these days. Believe me, the cost is worth every penny. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank JoeWhazou
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The room was breathtaking. The pool and jacuzzi were amazingly relaxing and I was happy with the cleanliness of the facility. Customer service was great. Our cascade did not work but they refunded $75 to our credit card to compensate, no questions asked. I will go back whenever I have a chance again! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Please keep your tips about rooms only
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank INCABB
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great place to go to relax with your mate clean room. Would be more worth the price if they had beverages and snacks at least. Overall a nice place to stay and get away

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Ilove2travel84
Louisville, KY
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Tina Fey said it best, "I want to go to there". I'm not sure how 18hours can feel like a vacation but it did!! We rented the Magestic Swimming Pool suite. First, this complex is in an urban not an industrial area or strip mall as described in one review. Plus, it's self contained and gated so it felt secluded even if it wasn't. I was a little hesitant since I heed my fellow travelers advice 9 times out of 10. I was very pleasantly surprised at the whole experience.
Our suite was immaculately clean and so spacious--not seedy or cheesey. It is what you make it, so for us it was time to relax and unwind without interruptions. There are a couple of adult programming channels, ahem, but if you don't like don't look, right? You really do lose track of time without windows in your room. My advice: spend as much time as possible in the Sharper Image massage chair and the "steamroom". My husband couldn't get me out of the steamroom it was sooo relaxing to hang out in a chair under a waterfall shower with steam all around you-ugh-heavenly. The pool is heated and felt great but the pool waterfall always felt a little cool, didn't use that much.

A little pricey for sure so definately google for a coupon or call before you go to ask if they have any special rate promotions. I found one on coupons.com that saved me $50-yay.

Room Tip: The best rates are m, tu, wed almost 1/2 off reg
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Jennybee32
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed the night in the paradise room and it was the best time every telling everyone they need to stay there for at least two nights one just not long enough. We would do it again in a heart beat so if you have time and have a babysitter take the time even if its close to home and enjoy a night or two you will not regret it promise i sure didnt.

Room Tip: get room with pool and waterfall
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank heather1979_11
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We were celebrating our anniversary and stayed in the deluxe suite. After staying there, I think the price is too high, but we really did have a good time. The only edge they have in my mind are the massage chairs. Lots of hotels have an in-suite jacuzzi. The room was immaculate. We tried pretty much everything. I wish we could have afforded to stay multiple nights, honestly. I do think that room service would be nice and it would be nice if they had drinks and snacks available. Their toiletries are above average. You usually get soap and shampoo, but they also had mouthwash, toothbrush, tooth paste, q-tips, etc. I liked the mood lighting and the star light was awesome to sleep to. I actually want one at home haha. The outside looks as though it has been improved, but there were spots that could look better (mostly by the office--fence behind it was run down and ghetto looking. I loved that the TV could be moved so you could see it from anywhere in the room. The bed and pillows were definitely not as comfortable as most hotels. It almost had the feel of an air mattress--NOT for me. I like softer beds.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple