Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.
Ranked #103 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Rockford, Illinois
“Renita”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Renita the desk clerk was very helpful and kind. I got in at 5am on Friday and the desk clerk really wasn't very helpful. All she did was hand me my key and pointed me to the elevator. Where as Renita told me everything that I needed to know on Sunday, July 22, 2012.

Room Tip: there is no room service or restaurant on the property but close to some.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., responded to this review, October 31, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We arrived late after a long drive from NC. We decided to stop last minute and this was the only room big enough for less than $100. When I walked in the girl behind the counter was in regular clothes. I didn't think much about it since we were so tired and just wanted to lay down. The carpet looks as if it's never been cleaned and the room looks OLD! Says nonsmoking but room smelled like smoke and old man aftershave. Felt like we paid too much for this being listed as a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I very much appreciate the opportunity to respond to your particular concern. The professional appearance of our staff is just as important as their professional attitude. We train our employees on how to present themselves appropriately, and I recognize that our training failed to prevent your experience. Such an incident is unacceptable and I have met with each member of my staff to coach them on our policies regarding their appearance.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked at the Extended Stay the night before my earl morning departure from IND, for two reasons: they offer free Park and Fly, and they had the best rate in my on-line search. It was perfect for my needs: the desk staff was cheerful and efficient, the hotel appears quite new and fresh, and the shuttle to the airport left on schedule and arrived within 15 minutes. This was a no-drama, no-hassle stay at a hotel convenient to the Indianapolis airport, and I will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed the night here as I was having my truck engine and airconditioning worked on at the my company's terminal shop so they booked me at this hotel. I was pleasantly supprised with how nice this hotel really was. They do have a pool onsite but it was closed at the time I was there and they do have free wifi as well as a free continental breakfast which I didn't take advantage of as I had to get back to the terminal the morning I checked out. They also do allow pets for an additional fee which can change based on the length of your stay. The lobby was well appointed with very comfortable furniture and the staff was very pleasant and always had a smile. The hotel does also have a laundry room on the first floor that's accessible with your room key and they do provide detergent and fabric softener through a vending machine in the room.

The rooms themselves are very nice and seem to be sound proofed as I could hear my neighbor's TV when I walked by their door in the hallway, but not through the room walls. My room also came with a full kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, small oven with countertop range, and a small table/work desk. The bed was very comfortable with pillows that weren't as comfortable. There also was a very comfortable chair that looked like it had a pullout bed for a single person. The shower/tub and toilet were in a seperate room and the water pressure was adequate with hot water arriving in the normal amount of time. The sink with mirror was just outside the bathroom as was the closet area with shelves and a clothes hangers as well as an ironing board, sorry I don't remember if there was an iron to go with it.

There are several restaraunts in the area such as The Library, Denny's, and a Waffle House that are all within walking distance (between 1/2 and 3/4 of a mile away) and there are several places you can call in and have delivered to the hotel. I chose to have Jimmy John's subs deliver and I wasn't dissappointed. All in all, this is a very nice hotel and would return again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Coasterjunky
sterlingroad
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for seven nights in May 2012. Having stayed there a few years ago I was it was nice to see that the hotel has been well maintain with almost new ( and unused) equipment in the exercise room. One nice feature of the hotel is an artifical "lake" in back which is situated in a park setting. Makes for a nice short walk in the evening. What really made the stay nice were two desk clerks, Christine and Pam. Both were pleasant and helpful , providing information on a variety of topics, printing out airline boarding passes, directions to other points of interest in Indiana and just making one feel welcomed. Both are great people and outstanding employees. The room had the two things I always require - It was clean and it was quiet. Most of my days were spent away from the hotel but while there I was more than satisfied espically considering the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sterlingroad
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Indianapolis - Airport - W. Southern Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have to say that my stay over this past weekend was a true pleasure. First off Christine could not have been any friendly or more accommodating. She made me feel at home after a very tough trip in and that was only compounded by the fact that the room was clean and spacious, the free breakfast was excellent, and the value could not have been any better. I will absolutely stay here again and am very grateful for how wonderful things were during my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again in a million years. This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. Here is why:
*(This review is a bit long. I have tried to be comprehensive so that you can make your own educated decision not to stay at this hotel).

First, this hotel was extremely dirty. The bathroom was dirty,the sink area had red stuff on the sink, wall, and on the hair dryer. The fact that it was on also on the hand towel but not a permanent stain led us to believe the towels had been not changed. Many things were just dirty or sticky. The bed was disgusting. It had brown stains running down the sides of the box spring, looked like vomit or blood. Honestly I didn't want to know.

Second, the bed was very uncomfortable, there were only two pillows and no extra blankets. The blanket had lots of hair on it. No toiletries were provided, the TV wasn't hooked up to the cable and once I got it working it had lines running the picture. Internet was terribly slow.

Third, the room had a bad smell and it sounded like water was dripping through the wall. Regulating the temperature was very difficult. The carpet and arm chair had stains.

A few positives. The staff was polite when we checked in and the gentleman who was driving the shuttle van to the airport was friendly.

*Given the fact that the circumstances of my stay were less than optimal, I have tried to be as objective as possible in my review. Bottom line. Don't stay here. Just don't. There are far better hotels in the vicinity for the same price. Safe travels!

A secondary point--My wife and I stayed here the night before a 6 am flight since we live far from the airport. We wanted to take advantage of the park and ride service which allows you to park free at the hotel while you are gone. Upon arriving and inquiring about the shuttle, we found that it starts running at 4am and stops running at 10pm. They had changed it since the last time we had used the service and since our return flight came in at 10:30pm, we were forced to take a taxi back tot he airport. It seems a bit odd that the shuttle will start as early as 4 but stop at 10 but I guess I can't really complain about that, I could have checked that before I booked.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family