“Where comfort meets incredible value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #11 of 184 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne, IN
“Where comfort meets incredible value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Booked this hotel for a one-night holiday over the July 4th weekend. We couldn't have beem more pleased. Got an e-saver rate for an oversized room but was automatically upgraded to a one-bedroom suite at check-in, much to our surprise. Check-in was efficient with the manager pitching in to ensure that there was no wait. Everyone is so friendly! The hotel is immaculate and attractive! The suite had one room with two extremely comfortable recliners and a 37" LCD TV, a large bathroom; and a comfy king bedroom with another LCD TV. The bed was super comfortable and I loved all the very lush pillows/ At the 5:50 kickback, we had what served as a free dinner with salad, baked potatoes, chili, chips and hot dogs, plus three free drinks. In the evening there was popcorn and free beverages. We really enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. Although the hotel was crowded, there was plenty of room to enjoy the sun and the pool - and we went back in the morning as well to enjoy the spa.
The breakfast was also nice with so many choices of french toast, waffles, eggs, sausage and more.
Really, this hotel was the best value of any out there. Why pay more and why pay for parking and expensive meals when you can get it all here? While there, we learned that this chain is family owned and that is one reason why they can pay such attention to detail. With everything I mentioned - and an upgrade to a suite - and to think our rate was only $79 plus tax - that is an incredible value which really means a lot today!!! Thank you Drury Inn...see you again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
Hot Springs,Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were in Indianapolis to visit family and friends and decided to try drury's new hotel in Castleton. We have stayed at the drurys in Marion, Il and was very happy.
The Hotel was very nice and very clean except when childen would come down for popcorn and spill it all over the floor.
Our room was lovely except we had to have the blankets changed!!!!!!! We always take a black light with us to check for dirty linens and it paid off.
The staff took care of the problem right away. Thank you very much....
All and all we will be staying there again but I will have my black light in hand!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My son and I traveled with a baseball team and stayed in this hotel. I can not say enough good things about this hotel and how it is managed. The staff was so incredibly friendly and really catered and cared about your needs. The FREE happy hour and food every evening and the more than sufficient breakfast every morning was a definite plus. Ebony (at the desk) and Desiree (the awesome bartender) were so enjoyable to deal with. We really had a great time with the staff and they seemed to enjoy our group as well. In addition, the hotel was very clean and comfortable. I have told everyone what a great deal the Drury Inn is and if they attend any other tournaments in Indianapolis - THIS is the place to stay. Great job to the manager (who looks like Dr. Green from ER! LOL!)

• Stayed May 2010
Royal Oak, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is a good hotel. Nice rooms. Clean and reasonably priced. If you are a light sleeper - there is a bit of street noise. Main concern - Mine and another person’s car were broken into (rear windows smashed in) in the middle of the night. Both cars were parked in front of the hotel. The suspects took a bag full of paperwork (meaningless to them but valuable to me) from my car and two laptops from the other person’s car.
No one, form the hotel, offered to pay my $200 deductable (for the repairs).
The receptionist said that this had not happened since Xmas... Very comforting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank signinsareapain
KimChappell, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are extremely sorry about the break-in of your car in the parking lot. We are very concerned about this issue and will continue to review our procedures to take every reasonable precaution, as well as how to best handle this kind of unfortunate occurrence if it arises. To discuss any further questions or concerns, please contact the hotel's General Manager directly and we are happy to be of assistance. If ever you have questions during your stay, please ask to speak to the manager on duty so we can work to fix the issue right away. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

My family and I stayed here as we were driving across country. I was looking for a good value with nice amenties, and booked this hotel after reading many favorable reviews here at Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed at all. We arrived in time for the 5:30 Kickback (Manager's reception), and pigged out! The area was well stocked and maintained, and the dining area kept clean even with a fair share of guests using it. After this we went to our room. My wife complained that she smelled something, which later turned out to just be the room heater burning off some dust or something. However, we talked with the Front Desk and Ebony was more than happy to move us to another room on the same floor. Working at a St. Regis myself, I see my fair share of guest issues, and I will say that Ebony was outstanding! She even put us at ease that we were not some whackos complaining about nothing! Also, Drury Inn and Suites allows your dog to stay with you at no extra cost. We relaxed in the pool and hot tub and both were clean, the towels did need restocking and picked up, though we used the area right before they closed. Another excellent amentity is the popocorn machine and soft drinks ... very nice! Breakfast was also good, with a nice selection, and well maintained. I would stay here again, or try other Drury Inn and Suites because of our experience here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We headed to Indy for a date night. Our room was an oversized king room. There was a separate sitting room with two plush recliners and a large flat-screened TV. It was very comfy and nice not to have to prop up pillows on the bed just to watch TV. The bed itself was very comfortable - plenty of pillows. I was concerned about ambient traffic noise, but didn't find that it kept me awake at all. And I couldn't hear other guests at all! Our room was very clean. The hot breakfast was a nice plus, in addition to free soft drinks and popcorn on Friday night. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the Final Four festivities. The first night raced downtown after check-in and then a late evening back to the hotel. We discovered overnight that the road noise on our side/end of the hotel facing the highway was very loud. The next day at around 11:30 am (Easter) went down to the front desk and waited for the large front desk lady to pause from complaining to someone in the back about having to work on Easter, and politely requested a new room away from the highway if possible. She said the hotel was pretty full and she doubted it, but also that she wouldn't know until later that day anyway, so come back later.....with-out checking a computer or anything. (again, it was close to noon when I asked) Could be I was not the first to complain about that, but it would have been nice if she would have checked something, or told me she had just looked and there were no rooms available or something. Anything other than just "come back later". I guess I was stopping her from complaining about her life and job, so just get the hell out of here so I can continue seemed to be the theme.

That kind of set the tone for the weekend. The lady assisting at night was very nice and seemed totally customer friendly, but the overall attitude of the staff was kind of like the hotel experience in general.... mixed and just ok. Room was decent and clean, but road noise was bad. Fan for A/C was loud too, not sure which was worse. Overall it seemed like a decent clean hotel, but free breakfast was just average, and due to the a.m. desk staff and loud road noise would find someplace else to stay.

I like Drury Hotels and use the ones in St. Louis frequently, but this one did not measure up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and do want to sincerely apologize for the noise levels in the room, as well as for the front desk agent not giving full attention to you or your request. We certainly understand the frustration this caused and have shared your comments with our team. Your feedback will help us focus on and work to improve our services to eliminate situations like this from happening in the future. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please ask to speak to the manager on duty so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.