I have stayed at many Drury Inns. Maybe the word is out about what a great hotel it is for families especially if you have pets. I compliment the staff that they try and try and try to make it as nice as possible. They are working extremely hard in rough conditions yet manage to stay friendly.
I always recommend Drury Inn. I don't think you can go wrong. We use it because of the pet friendly policy that offers nice rooms (not terrible 'pet rooms') for those of us that have nicely groomed animals.
The problem this chain suffers is nothing they can control--it is the people, the hoards of people that descend on the hotel. In my most recent stay, it was a baseball tournament. I am sure that these rooms were filled with more than a family with kids. The amount of people would seem to indicate about half a team per room.
Kids can be unruly, but the adults don't help! What happened to civility? Take one plate at a time and nicely wait your turn. Just because it is free does not mean you need three to five plate-fulls of food stacked on each other. This is not a grocery shopping trip.
The evening is the worse. The kids come in from the over crowded pool dripping wet to get another over-boiled hot dog. No towel. No shoes. Again, in the morning, the staff tries to enforce the clothing and shoe rules, but the kids ignore. The adults, trying to hold up their baggy pants with one hand and a plate-full of food in the other, aren't helping enforce the rules either.
Sorry for the complaint. We have been to this one many times and I was disappointed, but it was the guests that made the bad experience. Maybe limit 6 to a room? Don't go on a Saturday night in the summer? Or choose the older hotel in the chain instead of the new one?
The staff are excellent. The room was perfect and clean. Dodge the lobby and eat out. The staff tries to accommodate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Castleton Business Park, Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast is located off I-69 with easy access to I-465 and I-70. Enjoy a free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R), then relax in our clean, comfortable rooms. This suburban area is 30 minutes outside downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast Hotel Indianapolis
- Drury Inn And Suites Indianapolis Northeast
- Drury Inn Indianapolis