“Impressed”

Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #15 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We reserved a room as we were on the road and when we got to the hotel, the manager explained that the hotel was overbooked and offered a smoking room. I wasn't thrilled, but we were so tired from traveling and he offered to take me to it to see what I thought of it. Not a trace of smoke smell. The room was an upgrade and very nice. But I was more impressed with the way it was handled than anything else. Breakfast was very good--typical eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. Location was nice, too----right off the interstate---easy to find.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel chain is great - clean, pet-friendly rooms at a really good price. But this hotel was pristine, and it had an ultra-professional staff and excellent room rates.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank HSC2007
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We made a 3-day trip to Indy with three other couples. Like other Drury Inns, this one had a terrific breakfast and evening happy hour. There was even more substantial food than we've had at other Drury's. We arrived on a Saturday and the hotel was packed with lots of young baseball players in town for a tournament. We were concerned about the crowd and possible noise but it was not an issue at all (and we were on four separate floors.) Service was wonderful and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful with directions to specific locations in the area. We'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sgoes
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is by far the best place I've stayed at in the US.
It's too bad Drury (did not hear about it till I needed to book a place to stay in Indiana) is not established yet in the Northeast and Northwest (I think they're in 20 something states?).

So the freebies:
1) I called a day ahead regarding an early check-in and luckily (since I called ahead) they were able to prepare a room for us at 9:30AM (normal check-in time is 3PM).
When I checked out and reviewed the bill, I saw they did not charge me for the early check-in! Most places I know would charge you a percentage or half the charge of the daily rate for an early check-in or late check-out.
2) Free breakfast. This includes: scrambled eggs where you can sprinkle cheese & cut up ham on them, toast, bagels (along with butter, jelly, & cream cheese), mini donuts, muffins, waffle maker to make fresh waffles, fruit, boiled egg, yogurt, sausage, biscuits & gravy to go with them, juice, coffee, and I might actually be forgetting something but it's a lot of good food to choose from.
3) Free popcorn & drinks (soda) from an old fashioned popper in the dining area available in the afternoons to early evenings (I can't remember the exact times).
4) Free "Kickback" 5:30-7PM which includes snacks like chips, pretzels, chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc.
5) Free Alcohol. We were given a card when we arrived allowing us to receive 3 alcoholic drinks per day per person. This can be picked up during the "Kickback" time. The had wine, cocktails, and beer.
6) Free Long Distance calls. Although there was no need to use this, I was still amazed.
7) Free Wireless Internet.
8) Check-out. The normal check-out time is 11AM, but on the bill it says if you need an extra hour to prepare to leave, just let them know and they won't charge for it.

The customer service was very helpful, especially regarding our early check-in. Maurietta (not sure if I spelled it right, if it's wrong I'm sorry) was especially friendly and helpful regarding this.

The room was clean. I wasn't used to the smell (from NJ, so Indiana could of course in general could smell different to me) but it was neither a good or bad smell.
The bed and pillows were comfy. We were exhausted both days and had no problem falling asleep.

We did not try out the pool but it looks like (from what I saw) that the pool is half inside and half outside. We did not try the room service either so I can't comment about that.

This place is around 45 minutes from Indiana International Airport. We rented a car and drove here no problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kaysiah-chan
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Hotel is clean. Great service. Hard working staff.. free appetizerss and free continental breakfast make it a tremendous value. Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is a nice hotel with friendly staff, great rooms and all available ameneties that you will ever need. From the moment that you check in to the moment that you leave you are felt welcome and just at home. The staff cannot do enough for you.

Room Tip: Go for the suites if you want the best bargains.