“Perfect for access to the airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #9 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Ana, California
“Perfect for access to the airport”
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I agree with the other reviews on this property. This hotel is great. I stayed here twice in 4 days on my way in and out of town on the Indy 500 weekend. I arrived late at the airport and called for the shuttle. It didn't take more than 10 minutes for them to arrive. Everything is so new. They gave me a suite on the 4th floor at the very end of the hall. It had a kitchenette and a huge living room and a desk dividing the room. Breakfast was standard for a Hampton. The gym is the best I have ever seen in a Hampton Inn or most other hotels.

Before my flight out of town the next day, I stayed here. I was given a typical room with a shower only, no tub. It was really nice and served its purpose. There is absolutely nothing around this place so you would need a car, but for an airport location it is great. I would definitely choose to stay here again if I have a similar travel schedule as I did with this trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn near the Indianapolis airport several months ago. I rarely leave reviews for places, but I was so pleased with my stay..they deserved some credit! It is a new hotel and the hotel facilities are clean, with a nice pool area and workout room. The room was also spacious and clean. We stayed in a room with a King Bed. When we got to our room..it didn't have that "typical hotel room" feel to it. It actually was arranged more like a room in my own house! The bathroom was large with a large step in shower. The lights were energy savers and came on automatically. I try to stay in Hampton Inn's whenever I travel because you are usually guarenteed a nice stay. I must say that this is the nicest hotel I've been in for awhile...even nicer than the Hilton's and Marriot's we occasionally stay in when travelling to larger cities. The price of this hotel was $100 cheaper than the older Hampton Inn 10 minutes down the highway. If I had to say a down fall...this hotel is in an area that is not developed yet and there are not much for dining and entertainment in the immediate area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 18, 2008

While this hotel is not easy to find online yet since they just opened in late November 2008, I found it on the Hiltonfamily website and stayed here one night prior to a very early flight home amid threatening weather. This new property is beautifully decorated. The layout of the rooms is slightly different with a bench at the foot of the bed and the window directly in line with the bed as opposed to at the side as in most hotel rooms.

The bathrooms in this hotel are split between shower only and tubs. It is clear on the Hilton booking system which room you are reserving for those that find a tub a must have.

In the room, the workspace is comfortable. Free high speed internet wireless but if you have wireless issues, ethernet is available at the front desk and a plug is conveniently in the room. There is a flat panel TV in the room, ironing equipment and hair dryer.

The breakfast was on the mark as per most Hampton properties. The fitness room has 3 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, medicine balls and dumbells from 5-50 pounds. Water and towels are available in the fitness room.

The pool area has a 3-5 foot, 51 "passenger" pool that seemed a little cool to me although the room was very warm. The 10 person spa was hot and clean. A nice handheld shower was available to rinse off in the pool room (which I wish was in ALL hotel rooms too!) There are loungers, chairs and tables throughout the pool room each with a (too) small towel on them. No shelf of towels was available so in busy times, I can foresee them running out.

The coffee is available all day and night. I was picked up at the airport by the courtesy shuttle driven by a charismatic man named Frogger....he made me feel welcome and enjoys his job which is great to see when you are on the road.

There is a "Hampton Pantry" available. You MIGHT need this. The current drawback to this property is the location. While it is very close to the snazzy new Indianapolis Airport, the area for this hotel is not yet built up and without a car, I don't know how you would get around to eat, etc. Another hotel is going up next door and with the new airport, this area is sure to explode with businesses.

Overall, this was another great Hampton experience.

• Liked — newness, room style, shower only is nice to me, business services
  • Disliked — no food nearby for now
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank orr333