“Hampton Inn Indy Airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #10 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
“Hampton Inn Indy Airport”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here for the Big Ten Basketball Tournament. It was convenient yet less expensive than staying down town. The pool and spa were nice. The exercise room well equipped and functional. The staff was super nice. Nice cookies Monday through Thursday for snack time. Pretty good breakfast in a clean and comfortable environment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

LJ C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we would love to have you back to visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights and had a great room. Really enjoyed the shower - no bath tub! That was great! Very comfortable room and staff met our needs. Got rid of the rental car the night before and the shuttle staff were helpful to take us to and from the airport. Would recommend it to anyone staying in Indy near the airport.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I hope your wedding went well. Thank you for choosing us.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 13, 2014

After checking inn (fantastic employees) I noticed a sign for earplugs -" available at the front desk!" I should have asked for some. I could hear EVERY word of the conversation in the room next to mine. EVERY. SINGLE. WORD.
My room was clean and comfortable, but housekeeping gave me shower gel and shampoo. No conditioner, no lotion. And...barely enough toilet paper. :)

The last time I stayed here, I had to drive out of the way to refuel my rental car. Now, there is a gas station at the airport.
This is a nice hotel with convenient access to IND, but if you have an early morning flight - ask for the earplugs!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GCKJA
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments about the ear plugs was great, I was wondering how well my signs were received. Being an airport hotel the planes can be an issue. Hope we do see you again soon.
Swayzee, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay before an early morning flight. There was no traffic and the drive to the airport was quick and easy. The hotel is very clean and updated. The bed was very comfortable. If hearing airplanes taking off at 3:30 am is a problem...this hotel might not be for you. Check in was quick and easy. Breakfast had made to order waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal and some pastries. Overall, if we have to fly out of Indianapolis airport again, we will stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites

Room Tip: We ended up in a handicapped room...which we did not need, but there was plenty of extra room for lu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and guess what, we now offer free earplugs for light sleepers. So we hope to see you again soon.
Toledo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I knew this Hampton Inn is located by the Indianapolis Airport, but I forgot it is a bit of a drive off I-70 - even though you can see it from the interstate. However, it is not by the cluster of hotels near the former entrance to the airport off I-465, but just southwest along I-70. I was in town for work and was mainly working downtown but chose to stay out by the airport for the price (I should have instead stayed at the Hampton Inn-East).

The property itself is very nice. Obviously a newer location that was built with the new entrance to the Indianapolis Airport off I-70.

I made my reservation online about 20 minutes before my arrival. When I arrived, the person working at the front desk was arguing about a food order refund she should receive because the food did not meet what she ordered. While I understand her frustration and I too work a job where I often times do not have time for a lunch/dinner break, she probably should have discontinued the call when I arrived to check-in and picked it up later. Since she was on the phone, the airport shuttle drive for the Hampton Inn and the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn then tried to check me into the hotel. He had issues logging into one of the computers and the previously mentioned employee on the phone had to use their login for the computer (while still arguing about a refund on the food order). I politely asked if there were any complimentary room upgrades (Saturday night at an airport hotel, I figured the occupancy would be low) and I made it clear I didn't want to pay more on the room. The person checking me in said sure while his counterpart on the phone (who is off the phone at this point) said, "wow, he's nicer than I am. I wouldn't do that because normally room upgrades are for Diamond members (I'm Gold)." So I received the king suite. However, the original employee did give me a stack of cards for discounts on taxi fare with a particular company in Indianapolis (10% off on non-airport trips, 5% for airport trips). Beware, it is about a $35-$40 cab ride to downtown Indianapolis from this property... thus why I should have stayed four miles closer to downtown at the East location.

The staff working in the morning were very helpful with a request I had for some milk for cereal that I travel with because I missed the breakfast window because I traveled to a gym. They held the milk for me in a refrigerator until I checked out around noon. This is when I discovered there was an power/channel changing issue with the television in the dining area of the lobby (I forgot to mention this to the front desk! My apologizes.)

When I left the hotel, I neglected to look a the receipt slipped under the door. I did so while driving about 10 minutes away from the property to find my bill was $40 more than I expected from the reservation I made. I then turned around to head back to the hotel to straight out the billing issue. Again, my fault for neglecting to look before I departed - something I generally do after stays.

The same front desk employee that helped me earlier did the same. The issue was in the hotel charging me for the king suite when I booked under the double points promotion at $40 less a night. She said it should be taken care of with the next round of night auditing and she even gave me a new receipt to reflect the price I should be charged. I'm confident this took care of the issue and I appreciate her help.

Finally, nice property in itself, I'm just not high on the location IF downtown is your primary destination. Yes, you can take I-70 straight from the hotel to downtown, but the drive combined with the location of the hotel two miles (!) off the interstate makes it seem like much more of a hassle (considering you can see it from the interstate).

Room Tip: Ask nicely for a complimentary room upgrade at check-in, just make sure to check your bill when you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here because of the distance we live from the airport and the ugly weather conditions. On most trips, we make it a point to stay at Hampton due to our pleasant experiences with the brand. We were not disappointed on this trip. The facilities were excellent as was the service!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Adraab10, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello Michael H,

Just wanted to send you a quick thanks for choosing our Hampton during with your recent trip and providing us with some feedback from your visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight from your stay and hope we can assist with any other hotel needs in the future.

We strive to have every guest leave as satisfied with their visit as you did and we're all so please to read of your positive experience.

Take Care,
Andrew
Guest Relations Manager
Spring Hill, Kansas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can say what everyone else is saying, really nothing to add. Simply put, an excellent property. I was impressed the moment I walked in by the front desk staff. They were really great! Extremely professional. I didn't find out how really good they were until I returned home a few days later to discover I had left a really valuable and cherished pair of precription glasses in my room. Not really expecting to ever see them again, I called and spoke with Jennifer. She was just owesome. She found my glasses in the lost and found and immediately had them shipped to me. They just showed up today! Thank you Jennifer and also please thank the honest housekeeper that turned them in. I will thank you in person next time we stay in Indianapolis. There is no doubt where we will stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
LJ C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi Kansascloud,

We are so glad we could accommodate you for your visit with us and also assist with getting your glasses back following your trip home. Our whole team loves to go above and beyond for our guests. We strive to have everyone leave 100% satisfied with their visit and I'm glad that was the impression we left you with.

If you visit Indianapolis again in the future, we hope we can assist with any hotel needs. Once again, thanks for choosing our Hampton!

Take Care,