“Fantastic place to stay - Would stay again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Ranked #14 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We came to town for the NASCAR races and this Hampton Inn was fantastic. Super clean and quiet room provided a great night sleep. Our room had one bed against the wall to the bathroom and facing the window rather than on the side wall shared with the next room. This was a layout I had not seen before, but I liked it. We saw signs for the airport, but never heard any noise from planes taking off or landing. We also loved the spacious shower and bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful at check in or if we just had a question. Not a lot in the immediate area, but shopping and restaurants are a short drive away and the Speedway was less than a 30 minute drive. Breakfast had a good variety of choices. Nice indoor pool with whirlpool/hot tub also. After a day of walking all around the racetrack, the whirlpool jets were just what my aching legs needed - THANKS Hampton.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong staying here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good sleep is one of my major concerns when I book a Hotel. We stayed at this Hotel as a Group for a weekend Event on Labor Day weekend and this newer property met all the standards that I expected! Would definitely stay there again and we are taking our Annual Event back there next year! Very friendly staff. The cons are not worth mentioning because the prons outweigh the cons!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NokieNokie1225
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For my daughter’s wedding, we wanted a pleasant, convenient, affordable place to stay. My wife and I are long time fans of Hampton Inns, not only because of the above, but also because of the 24/7 coffee and the decent hot breakfasts. This hotel was a “no brainer” for us, as we had family coming from literally both coasts for this wedding. The facility was exactly what we wanted and I can tell you that the beds are as good as any I have slept in, the warm breakfast was quite tasty and the location was perfect for those from out of town coming from the airport and going downtown to the wedding. Whenever I review a hotel, I try to relate the importance of the staff to the experience. We had a block of rooms set aside and the consistently helpful persons who worked there kept us up to date who was at the airport, when the shuttle was arriving, greeted our gusts with welcome bags we had prepared and then made sure we made connections. I have stayed at every price range hotel, but with no finer, nicer or more helpful people. It is worth it to stay at places like this because it just makes the trip better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton because we had previously stayed there. The staff is very nice and helpful. Our room was on the (top) 4th floor so we didn't hear anyone walking around above us. I was a bit concerned because our room was next to the elevator but I never heard the elevator or the people coming off the elevator. The bathroom amenities include a blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. They also provide plenty of towels, hand towels and wash cloths. Although the room doesn't include a microwave or refrigerator, they do have a small coffee maker. The beds are comfy but I can't say the same thing for the pillows. I will definitely bring my own if we stay there again! There is a nice desk area, flat screen tv and plenty of storage. The closet is a bit small. We stayed from Thursday-Monday and only heard the Fed Ex planes very early Friday morning. The only problem we had was when the fire alarm went off at 2:40AM Monday morning. An employee burned some popcorn in the microwave in the lobby kitchen. We only got an "I'm sorry" from the front desk person--no acknowlegdement when we checked out, no offer of a discount voucher. Maybe this particular Hampton Inn has an employee policy that no popcorn should be popped between the hours of midnight and 6AM!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hello shnewb,

I wanted to send a quick thanks for choosing our Hampton Inn and for posting such a detail account from your visit. Guest feedback isn't only important to other travelers but also our entire team to ensure we are providing great stays to all visitors.

I was so pleased to read that you found the hotel and room to be so accommodating along with our staff to be so friendly. I understand that the noise from the fire alarm was an issue during your time with us. This circumstance was definitely out of the ordinary. We will surely take your feedback into consideration. We want to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests.

Once again thanks for staying with us again. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us once more. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

LJ Carter,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We chose this hotel based on its proximity to the airport...it's only about 5 minutes away.

Starting with the positives, this hotel appears to be very well-kept. The lobby is clean and stylishly decorated. The rooms (double bed) were a great size and very clean, as was the bathroom. One down side to the room is that there was no fridge or microwave. The beds were comfortable and we had a great night's rest there.

The hotel does sit in the middle of nowhere...literally. While it is very convenient to the airport, it is not that convenient to food, convenience stores, or gas. You have to drive at least 7 minutes to the nearest gas station and about 10 minutes to an area with an assortment of restaurants and shopping (Metropolis-area). This isn't a real negative, but we just thought reviewers would want to know.

Another positive is the free shuttle service to/from the airport (even in the middle of the night if you call them). A wonderful feature is the morning breakfast, which features real food...not just cold bagels and coffee. We enjoyed eggs (albeit the liquid kind), sausage, an assortment of cereals, bagels & muffins, as well as make-your-own waffles.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an easy comfortable stay close to IND...just make sure you have a way to get around outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ATrav-El-Holic
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had an early morning flight out of Indianapolis so chose to stay here the night before. I had thought we may be able to walk to the airport but this is not possible due to the freeway system and the hotel not being that close. However the hotel did provide scheduled half hourly free shuttles to/from the airport. There is a courtesy phone downstairs at the airport which you just pick up and press the required service you need. The hotel also provided free computers and internet access and free breakfast (which we could not partake in as we left at 4am). There was also free 24hr tea and coffee in reception which was great - and fresh baked cookies and fruit! The beds and pillows were super comfy and king size I think. The staff were really friendly and helpful. All in all a great hotel if you have an early or late flight.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is labeled as an airport hotel but it's not next door to the airport, but based on the layout of the Indy airport, I'm not sure anything is near the airport. It's across from a Hilton Garden Inn in case another choice is desired. The hotel offers a free shuttle service. Good breakfast. Nice business center.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business