“interesting food and great service”
Review of Festiva

Festiva
Ranked #259 of 2,216 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Description: Fresh, full flavors that will change the way you think about Mexican food. Margaritas, wines, quart beer and more. #monon16 21+
Reviewed February 5, 2018

My husband and I arrived at about 6:15 on a Friday and there was plenty of room. That wasn't the case when we left however but those waiting could get a drink and wait in the bar area. We decided to go with the devour Indy menu since it included a margarita for each of us and we planned to get them anyway. The margaritas were quite good. We chose to start with the tres chili queso and salsa. The queso was excellent. I didn't like the salsa very much because it had a smoky flavor but my husband did. For my meal I chose the tacos verdure en anchiote which was a veggie based taco including butternut squash and cauliflower. It was served on a metal tray and included cilantro, green salsa, pickled onions and a bit of green rice, which was quite good. I prefer flour tortillas and couldn't get past the corn tortillas and after the first taco the butternut squash tasted a bit too sweet for my taste. My husband chose the tinga chicken tostada. His chicken was very good. For dessert we had churros and they were very good as well. Service was spot on as we had our water and drinks refilled quickly. The parking lot is a bit small but street parking, either on 16th or around the corner, is available

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed January 11, 2018

We have eaten here twice now and enjoyed it both times. At our last visit, I had the pork tacos with pineapple. My wife had the chicken tacos which comes with a slaw. We like the way the tacos arrive at the table slightly deconstructed and you can mix up your own tacos. The guacamole also has some great taste twists. I would rate the margaritas above average because they are light and fresh.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018

I was here January 4 and had a bad waiter experience He thought his edgy, rude, sarcasm was funny, but it wasn't. He was training another guy and I hope the new employee wasn't thinking this was normal. You ever go to a place and really like the food and wished you could go back, but refuse to give them your money again because of the waiter? This is that place for me.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank ScottL97
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Peter does it again! This place is beautiful inside and the food is incredible. The cocktails are delicious as well. Bravo!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017

My partner's daughter recommended we go there. There was no wait on a Friday evening which was wonderful. Our server was absolutely wonderful. The Margaritas were fantastic, appetizers interesting and I would rate them fair when compared to other restaurants. The pork was recommended and was in no way a disappointment. It was tender and juicy as described. They were out of fish which was most disappointing. I had to settle for either chicken or the steak. Unfortunately I ordered the steak which was a huge disappointment - dry and tough. The accompaniments were quite strange and in no way complimented the steak. All in all, it was a fair dining experience however we are not at all anxious to return.

Date of visit: October 2017