“Fantastic beer bar but the menu is lacking”
Review of MacNiven's

MacNiven's
Ranked #115 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like my title says the beer selection is wonderful - seasonal and with some really obscure things on tap. We were in the mood for bar food and the menu just didn't cut it for this trip. In the past I've had the scotch eggs, fish and chips and huge flat burger all of which were good but unless you're craving that in particular I'd suggest going across the street to Bru or next door to Bazbeauxs. Scotch selection is also impressive if you're a fan - I am not despite my best efforts.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you like fish and chips, you will probably like MacNiven's. We have gone for years. The only problem is that they are considered a bar and a no one under 21 policy, which means we only go when our children are at the grandparents. My husband loves that they serve Sun King and a flattened burger.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

When you get a very large bug at your table your experience is ruined.

The manager did her best to apologize and took care of the bill but a cockroach in the middle of the dinning room like that is not acceptable.

Would have returned as the food, what we ate anyways, tasted good.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I'd always heard good words being spoke about this place's Fish N Chips, and they surely didn't disappoint. Throw in the ambiance of a true Scottish Pub, great beer selection, and the best Scotch collection I've ever seen, and you have what I consider a winner.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been going here for years, one of the best places to eat downtown. Good pub food along with great craft and imported beer choices.