“Best Pancakes Ever!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
“Best Pancakes Ever!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place has the best pancakes I've ever tasted in my life. Nothing else matters. I suggest the sweet potato pancakes.

• Visited July 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Quality food that never disappoints”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food at Maxine's is simply amazing. It's a small family-run business, and the quality food is nothing short of amazing. It's always a treat for me to go. The portions are large enough when I order the chicken and waffles that I always have some to take home. I suggest the chicken and sweet potato waffles. When I first went, I ordered the plain waffle, and while it was good, the sweet potato waffle is great. The service is a bit slow, but I quickly forgot about that once I began eating. It also helps that the servers are extremely pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Food was great, service not so much”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We waited 40 minutes here for our food, watching others who came in after us get their food before us. The waitress made one week apology, with no explanation. When I asked when my to-go order would be ready, she checked and said 4 minutes. 12 minutes later I finally had that.

Just seems like the place is poorly run, disorganized, and kind of lackadaisical. The food was terrific, but seemed a bit pricey for what it is.

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great place for food cooked with pride and love”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Commercial Driver, and was in this city this past Saturday. My co driver had a daughter that lived there, so she came to get us and take us out for lunch. I wanted Soul Food, and this is were she brought us. All of us sat down together and had lunch together as one big family, it was four of us. We are great with smiles at the door. The chef came to visit our table. All the food had large portions, and had a taste of love every bite. Make sure you ask for the cornbread and homemade peach butter, it is a delight to your tongue.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Be ready....they charge for everything.”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The last time I went to Maxine's chicken and waffles....was three years ago because I was unhappy with the service and the food. My friends begged me to go in Saturday and still not impressed. We all ordered at the same time, we all ordered chicken and waffles. Our food came out at different times, which wasn't a deal breaker but just a little annoyed. We were given (4 of us total) one small syrup...we asked for more syrup.....waited.....we asked again.....waited....we asked again and they said they would have to charge us. Two of us ordered iced tea with our meal. They requested more lemons since only only thin slice came in the glass. We requested more lemons....the waitress said she had to ask her manager. The waitress came back and said they had to charge us for extra lemons.....ugh...which we agreed to pay. She came back after speaking to her manager stating her manager said she could not sell us any additional lemons. WHAT?! so we just asked for our checks and four to go boxes. Our waitress returned with two boxes....we were scared to ask for the other two since everything else was a charge. The food was ok....nothing to write home about especially after dealing with the poor service.

• Visited April 2014