“Maxine's Chicken & Waffles”

Maxine's Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #132 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Huge selection of food items offered, average tasting; however the peach butter was excellent which comes with the fried cornbread. We dined here twice in the last month taking out of town guests both times....service was extremely slow both times.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was staying downtown Indianapolis and Maxine's was a great place to eat. The atmosphere is a little out dated but, the service and the food were good. I would eat there again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Maxine's has liberated the menu - any food is available any time of the day! Their waffles are absolutely the best I've ever eaten - light and flaky, with just enough "crisp" on the outside. And the peach butter they serve with the waffles is so good, you don't even need syrup. At first, I was not sure about the giant fried chicken wings with the waffle. But somehow, it works. I now crave a chicken wing on a Sunday morning!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have become a regular while I am working in Indianapolis! The food is excellent and plentiful. I highly recommend the smothered chicken. But my absolute favorite is the fried catfish filets. It is a mistake to miss it if you come to Indy.

1  Thank weave1111
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I knew this place was going to be the bomb when I saw they had 4 1/2 stars out of 5. We had a group of 9 and when we walked in they were setting our table. I asked the hostess how did she know we were coming and she said she saw our van turn the corner. We were able to be seated immediately. The food didn't take long to come out and when it did, it was good. The only thing negative thing I have to comment on is our waitress. WE felt like she didn't want to be there and she didn't want us to be there. We didn't have many requests, but we felt like we were a bother to her. I didn't feel comfortable with her and probably wouldn't return because of her non-hospitality.