“A couple of pluses and one minus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay N East

Suburban Extended Stay N East
Ranked #114 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
“A couple of pluses and one minus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean accommodations. The staff was courteous and helpful. On Monday nights they have a meet and greet for the guests with free food and drinks sponsored by local establishments and that is a plus. Within easy walk of restaurants.
On the minus side was the fact that it is up against a major highway making it a bit noisy at night. Lots of truck traffic an be a bit disturbing late at night.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tom W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Pros: Just enough room to get around in. Full size fridge which is nice. Kitchenette kind of small, but we manage. Beds are wonderful, comfortable! Glad to have room svc once a wk. Price is unbeatable for a long-term stay. Clean, neat arrangement. Free internet. Mgmt is attentive, housekeeping & maintenance very accomodating. Easy access off hwy, close to everything in the Castleton area.

Cons: Smoke-free facility but someone's smoke gets into our room. Limited tv channels, ice on the window (inside).

Overall, a great place to stay temporarily.

Room Tip: Great location, quiet (4th floor) on the end farthest from the hwy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joyafrica77
Dave_B2013621, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay N East, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing feedback for our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible feedback and I will pass the information on to your staff. Thank you for telling us about the issues so that we can look into them and solve them. As a non-smoking property we strive to make sure everyone adheres to the law and will continue to investigate and handle any issues with guests who violate that policy. Again I want thank you for your kind remarks.
Gyeongsan, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have been staying at the Suburban for 12 days and it has been a pleasant and comfortable experience so far. With the exception of a problem with cleanliness, e.g., comforters not clean, the staff has been helpful and quick to respond to an issue. The appliances are good and the location is great. The walls are on the thin side, but I've lived in apartments that have been worse. The decor is pleasant and significantly better than other long term hotels in the area at this price point. The beds are the best part of the room. They are even more comfortable than the "Marriott" bed. As of right now, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from May to June. When I got to my room, it was clean and a decent size. There was a stove and full size refrigerator. Unfortunately those are the only positive things.The walls are very thin. I could hear the door leading outside open and close and when people were in the stairwell. The people above me were so loud I could not sleep. I complained to the front office and they were not helpful at all. I had to request to be moved to another room and the hotel staff did not even bother to help me move my things or to apologize for the inconvenience. They even had the audacity to ask me when I think I would get all of my things moved so that they could rent the room! A week later they left me a message that they wanted me to move to another room. I told them they could pack up my belongings with my supervision if they wanted me to move. The staff was not helpful at all. There was a rotten smell in the hallways. When several of the tenants complained they only offered to spray the halls with air freshener. A few of us suggested they find the root of the smell and get rid of it. If it were not for the car races being in town, I would have gone to another hotel. Then when I was checking out, I noticed they had changed my rate. I had to point it out to them. It took them 3 weeks of me calling and complaining to get my money refunded. I do not recommend them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Highnessmac

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here from Aug 1st to Aug.18th. 2013. My employment put me up here. I stayed on 4th floor. Room was a little musty at first. Room and bath were clean. I like to cook so the 2 burner electric stove served me well. The room was equipped with a full sized fridge w/ice maker, 4 dinner plates, cups saucers, glass glasses non stick skillet, small pot and utensils. Four place silver ware settings, sharp knives and manual can opener microwave and dishwasher. I needed a toaster and the front desk provided one at no charge for my entire stay. The room never smelled musty again. Cooking saved me a lot of $$$. The maid service came 2 x's while during my stay. I needed towels and Kleenex's the staff was more than happy to replace those as needed. Front desk staff was always receptive and courteous. I would stay again. No pool on site.

Room Tip: Kroger 3.5 miles south on Binford Ave. west side of rd. Do your shopping there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

i was here for 7 nights. the price was affordable and the place was clean. just wouldnt stay on the back side of the hotel again...too much noise from the freeway. i would stay here again but would try to get a slightly lower price. a classmate of mine got a room for 20dols cheaper....but my price was good...could be better at 20dols cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wyoming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The suburban extended stay are always really a great value for the money for a business traveler or some looking to save some money when your traveling .With staying with them please note they do not do daily cleaning of your room . Considering pricing in indy and location you can find anything better

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business