“Great Extended Stay hotel with great prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Suburban Extended Stay Northeast
Ranked #120 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dallas, Texas
“Great Extended Stay hotel with great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The suburban extended stay is really a great value for the money. The room is very modern looking with a full kitchen. I did find the room a bit on the small side compared to other extended stay hotels like hawthorne, candelwood, and homestead and residence inns. This particular location stayed busy the entire time of my 2 1/2 week stay. There are a good mix of people staying here. I seen military,families,business people. The hotel is pet friendly. I remember seeing the hotel is a silver award winner. This hotel is within 2 miles of a mall, movies,hospital. The location is great right off the highway and sits back off 82nd St. This is my 1st stay and would stay at a suburban again.Suburban is part of wyndam and you do earn points for staying here. They do offer a weekly rate

Room Tip: floors and ceiling are thin ask for a room on a higher floor with no one above you if you don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oklahoma!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The staff is great and they run a good tidy ship. It doesn't cost very much, so don't expect the ritz carlton, but the value is great. You'll get a full kitchen in your room, with a large fridge instead of the little ones that you can't fit a pizza into. If you're staying in the area for a little while, this Suburban is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here as the leader of a group of high school students. The rooms were nice in general, very clean and tidy. I stayed in a smoking room on a smoking floor because one of the high schoolers was allergic and had to switch with me, but it wasn't too bad. The stove tops work decent (but you typically have to turn them down lower than you would think), the fridge was great, and the beds were pretty comfortable. This place was pretty full, and so it was pretty noisy with some unwieldy high school groups and some drunk construction workers. If you can't handle smoke, stay out of the top floor. The parking lot doesn't have enough room for large vehicles (busses, RVs, etc) if there are more than two.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be saturated with smoke smell, stay off the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was bubbly and friendly. However, over the course of my stay, the desk clerk was behaving very unprofessional. One time when I left, I overheard her talking with profaniy. Another time she and some lady with long brown hair was talking loud. There were many times that nobody would be at the front desk. I saw some people waiting at the desk, for awhile, but then left out of frustration. The maintenance guy looked really ragged with his stained Suburban Extended Stay shirt. I should have used my IPhone to capture these moments. Next time, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

I live in different areas for 1 month at a time around the country for work. This hotel is one of the best. Again my stay was one month. The rooms and buildings are extremely clean and well kept. The service is great. Anytime I needed my room cleaned it was cleaned. The area is very nice with sushi, thai, american, mexican restaurants within 1 mile. A gym within 2-3 miles that is free for guests. There are 2 malls and a movie theatre with 3-4 miles as well. A trader joes and grocery store within 3 miles. Everything you need or want. Cons are that it is close the the interstate with all its noise and the internet is slow. 15 minutes to downtown if you leave for work at 7am.
In summary CLEAN, SAFE, GREAT AREA!!.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank banston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

We participated in an event at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and stayed here. I plan conventions so I travel quite a bit and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the country. My expectations were pretty low for this hotel - even brought my own sheets and towels anticipating the worst. Kudos to the GM and owner for hiring great front desk staff and for the upkeep of this hotel. Location couldn't have been better.! Front desk staff was super friendly, accommodating (and funny) - from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Room was very clean and well kept, nicely equipped kitchen with a full size fridge and the bed was extremely comfortable!! This isn't the Ritz but it is clean, comfortable, (my top two requirements at ANY hotel), well equiped and reasonably priced. I know a few hotels that could learn a thing or two from this staff! It's pet friendly and there's lots of green space around the hotel to walk the dogs. There's also a gazebo with a picnic table and grill if the weather's nice. Grocery and drug stores close by and yes there is a Starbucks (with a drive thru) a block away!! We plan to return next year for the same event and will definately rebook here. And the sheets and towels I brought "just in case" - didn't need to use them. Great value for your dollar!

• Stayed October 2010
Road Warrior
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

I spent a week at this hotel while working on assignment. Overall I enjoyed my stay though I did expect a little more being that the hotel is a Choice Hotels Platinum award winner.

If you have never stayed at a Suburban before then this is Choice Hotels budget, extended stay type lodging similar to a Candlewood or Towneplace Suites. Its pretty much a no frills place and the rooms have full kitchens complete with full sized fridge, microwave, 2 burner cook top and dishwasher. The room itself and the bathrooms are smallish but not completely claustrophobic, though you could start bouncing off the walls if your there for more then a couple of weeks I'd imagine. The one thing that really stinks with these hotels in the lighting, the rooms are dark and dreary almost like a cave,why they didn't put better lighting in the design of these hotels, especially considering they get a lot of business travelers, I'll never understand.

This is the second Suburban I've stayed at and while not as nice as the first one it was still pretty solid and a good value. The main issues I had were:

A: Housekeeping, the housekeeping was subpar, my bathroom had a lot of pubic hair that had not been cleaned up.

B: Ants, we couldn't leave any food sitting open on the counter, table, etc or it would be covered in ants in no time.

C: Internet speed, the hotel has wired and wireless Internet and while it worked pretty decent the speeds themselves were lousy and incapable of streaming video. The Suburban in Lenxa, KS gives you like 10 Mbps downloads this hotel you get maybe .50 Mbps at best which is pretty awful. You also have to consider this hotel gets very full during the week so that's a lot of people sharing the measly bandwidth.

D: Noise, the walls are thin and I was between a howling dog in one room and in the other room was a a guy who was coughing, hacking and spitting 24/7, I found the dogs howling to be more tolerable.

Another minor issue I had was with check in. Be prepared to be asked a LOT of questions, why your in town, what company your with, what you do, etc, etc the questions in my opinion went way beyond just small talk and were more like an interrogation of sorts. When your tired after a long day of driving all you want to do is check in and not get hammered with a battery of questions.

Other then that my stay was pretty good and at less then $60 a night I thought it was a good deal as well. I loved the hotel location, its at a pretty busy exit with lots of businesses within a close distance. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I might check the price of the Candlewood Suites next door first and if it was a better value I'd probably stay there instead. The Suburban gets very full during the week with construction workers and parking can be a problem but the Candlewood seemed to have plenty of parking available. In fact if you check in late you might find yourself having to park at the Candlewood anyway as there will be no spots available.

Ultimately this is a solid hotel but certainly no Platinum Award winner in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business