“Nice Friendly Place”
Review of Indy Hostel

Indy Hostel
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hostel was much better than the typical motel as it offers all the amenities of being at home, with large common areas for hanging out. The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ziv2014
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We would love to have you back again :)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very clean, quiet, friendly service, well stocked bathroom, flexible hours coming & leaving, reasonable price, lots of parking, easy to find, close to many restaurants & movie theaters. Would go back again.

Room Tip: singles room was really good, had one small window so in the morning the room stays darker if trying...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had planned to stay at a B&B, but due to roof damage from the unusual ice and snow, that reservation was cancelled two days before our trip. We were very glad to find the Indy Hostel on line--our stay was much preferable to being in a downtown, expensive hotel or a motel on the usual interstate strip! Our room was brightly painted and unpretentiously but comfortably furnished, and we shared two bathrooms with other guests on our floor. Common rooms on the ground floor have television and computers with Internet access, and guests are welcome to use the full kitchen. The host who greeted us was quick to recommend local restaurants. In fact, the neighborhood is one of the main attractions. The Monon Rail Train runs right past the Hostel; the street is quiet, and at times other than a month of record snow levels would be a wonderful place to walk. A few blocks north is the Broad Ripple quarter, full of unique shops and restaurants. We spent most of our time out and about, but would welcome the chance to visit again and spend more time talking with the hosts and other guests. We'll definitely recommend the Indy Hostel to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for the nice review Celeste. I hope the shows you saw while in Indianapolis were enjoyable as well. If you have a chance to return bring your bikes along, we will take you on some of our favorite trails!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed there one night for a conference I had the following morning. I was nervous since this was my first hostel experience, but I came in during a local entertainment in the downstairs area. I was confused for a bit, but an employee found me set me up in my room. It was quiet, comfortable, safe, and the other guests were really nice. I wish I could have experienced more of the hostel than just the bed, but it fit my needs. For the cost, you can't find any better stay in Indy, especially if you enjoy meeting new people. They also texted me prior to arriving to find out when I would arrive, which was nice and appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

We couldn't be happier that your first hostel stay was positive. Any first experience may come with some apprehension so we do our best to make guests as welcome and comfortable as possible. Hopefully your conference was an equal success and you will stay with again in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I only stayed here one night, but I will totally come back if I ever find myself in Indianapolis again. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. The guests were also fun to talk to and hang out with. Indy Hostel seems to have lots going on, if I were local I would check out their events. The Hostel is far from downtown, but in a pretty cool area with plenty going on. The Sinking Ship is a great hangout spot within walking distance, and there are restaurants nearby too. It's in a cute house on a safe street. There is plenty of bedding and bathroom space. The basement is a bit cold, but they provided a space heater which worked really well. I'm glad I chose to stay at Indy Hostel for my one night in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: The basement is a bit cold, but they provided a space heater which worked really well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CTraft
IHMGMT, Manager at Indy Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

We are very happy you enjoyed yourself with us. And of course, you are welcome to stay again if you find yourself in Indianapolis. The Sinking Ship has recently gotten a nice make-over and we can't wait for the weather to break and warm up here as well.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for two nights as a single traveller and found the staff very welcoming and friendly. The hostel was clean and offered everything I wanted for the short stay, and there were organised events too like music gigs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you Anna, we had a nice time getting to know you. I hope the rest of your trip home is going well and you will be back in the States in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The host manager is very nice to tenants from all over the world. The only trouble is that the if you go in winter, the heater is not working well. The trails nearby is a good choice for jogging and biking zealots. I advice you bring some snacks with you since there is not a big grocery nearby.

Stayed: January 2014