“Very good Buffet”
Review of The Journey

The Journey
Ranked #153 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Very good Buffet”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

First of all, I want to say, if you are looking for a "Chinese" buffet, this isnt the place for you. This is a Japanese and American buffet. I just want to also say some of the people who are rating this restaurant dont even really know what they are eating and I find that laughable. Read the reviews, people are calling this a Chinese buffet, when in fact it is Japanese and Ameican cuisine. Now on to my review.....
I visit this restaurant often and everytime I have been there the food has been fresh, hot and delicious. The sushi and sashimi has always been fresh and delicious. The restaurant has been tidy on most occasions, a couple of visits were on the week ends during very busy hours and I noticed the floor area where people are seated did need a little attention, which is understandable during peak times. However at all times, the food freshness, supply and presentation have always been great. The cleanliness around all food stations has always been very good. There is a wonderful variety of Japanese and American foods including seafood selections. The udon which they will prepare fresh for you is so delicious! The wait staff always does a wonderful job at taking out plates from our table and keeping our drinks refilled. I have nothing bad I can say about this restaurant and believe me I look for things when I go to restaurants lol! If you like seafood and Japanese food this is a great place to try many different items, please keep in mind it is still a buffet style restaurant and you shouldnt expect the attention you would recieve at makados or wasabis which is also excellent full service (non buffet style) Japanese restaurants.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Shelly B

• Korean first
Fishers, Indiana
“Best Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you like crab legs, this is the place to go! They never run short like a lot of buffets tend to do. A great selection of other food as well. A very clean and pleasant attmosphere.

Visited November 2012
Indiana
“This is the best for Crab Legs”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading the other reviews we were a little hesitant to try this place. But I'm really glad we went anyway. The King crab legs were wonderful. Most buffets will only offer Snow Crab, not King. Anyone who knows their crab understands the difference between the two! I've also never seen so many different types of sushi to choose from. My hubby doesn't even like seafood and he walked away full as well. They have prime rib, NY Strip steak, spare ribs, other American fare, as well as some of your more common Chinese/Asian food offerings. There was also a salad, fresh fruit, and dessert bars. OH and lets not forget the chocolate fondue fountain!
The decor is nice and the you can't really see the buffet from most of the seating, which is nice because it feels like a fancy restaurant. We arrived right after they opened back up for dinner, and the only waiting was for the crab legs!

• Visited September 2012
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great seafood, chinese and american food all in 1”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

the food was like none i ever tasted. it was so good the waiter was great and buffet bars shaped like a sail boat. very nice. surprised to see alot of younf folks go in

Visited August 2012
Greenwood, Indiana
“Plentiful buffet”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Journey has a very interesting decor. One of the buffet tables is shaped like a fishing boat. The food is fresh and plentiful. There was a great variety of fresh sushi. The ones I did try were excellent. There is also Asian fair in terms of noodles and potstickers, etc. And for those not up to venturing for the seafood, there is a nice spread of more American fare of macaroni and cheese, roast beef, ribs, etc. I was so full from the buffet that I didn't even attempt to sample what looked to be a great dessert bar. (Perhaps next time.)
As for the price, it was almost $23 on a weeknight. While some of the wait staff were very attentive in clearing plates, our server had to be asked to refill drinks that he saw were very low.

• Visited July 2012