1,321 results
All reviews great location valet parking front desk hard rock cafe convention center within walking distance white noise machine bankers life fieldhouse an older building street noise breakfast staff breakfast room valet service two blocks free breakfast indianapolis downtown oatmeal
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel but was impressed on how well such an old building has been maintained. I loved the building and its character. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and able to recommend local establishments to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank David H
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed our historical building, that we take so much pride in. We also love hearing great things about our staff. I hope we'll see you soon for another great Pacer game!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Problems checking in. Lady was a bit rude. My husband asked about parking and was told "it cost". We ended up parking accross street at parking garage only to find out they had valet. Rooms were clean but very small. Decided to take stairs instead of elevator, doors on stairs are only unlocked on fifth floor. Had to walk out of our way and then take elevators anyways. Was a great location...that was only good thing about it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank HeatherW509

Heather, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We take all customer feedback and concerns very seriously and will take actions to make sure our staff is properly trained and to make our hotel even better. I apologize that we fell short on your expectations during this stay. I do hope you'll give the Hampton Inn another chance if you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is the best place to stay in Indianapolis. Great hotel staff, clean rooms and well maintained. I don't really care for the city of Indianapolis. It is a cold, miserable, boring city, but if you have to go there, the downtown Hampton Inn is the place to stay. Thanks for the great service!

1  Thank Belinda S
Simon G, Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for your great review! I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Next time you're in town make sure to ask our front desk staff for events or attractions in the city and MAYBE we can change your mind about Indianapolis!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is in a historic building near an indoor mall and lots of restaurants within walking distance. I can appreciate the charm of staying in an historic building as opposed to staying in a hotel that was was built as cheap and efficient as possible. The valet and girl that checked me in were amazing. That is where the positive experience ends. Below is a break down of my interactions and observations from various areas of the hotel:

I called the front desk because the batteries in my remote did not work. The person that came to my room reeked of weed. He also could not be bothered to take the ear buds out of his ears or turn down his music. The employee did come prepared with a new remote and batteries.

There was food and garbage under the desk in my room (see attached picture). The outlet by the TV was broken (see picture). There was also hair in the bathtub from the previous guest.

The Business Center computers did not function properly. One computer was broken, another did not have MS Office and the third had a trail version of MS Office that had advertisements. I was not able to print documents I needed for the next day.

At breakfast there was not oatmeal at 8:30am. When I asked for more, I head someone who appeared to be a manager say he did not want to make anymore oatmeal because breakfast was going to be over soon. The food was okay. No one stopped by my table to see if I needed anything.

I needed my giftshop charges to appear on another receipt. It took the person 10 minutes to do this. I can't imagine I was the only person to ever request this.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had good pressure and the room was quiet for being downtown. The internet was slow but the connection was stable. I may stay here again if I needed to be in the area. I might give Hampton Inn another try. I can't say for sure.

Room tip: I always try to stay away from the elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Hearing from our guests is how we learn and improve. I assure you we will address each and every one of your concerns with the appropriate department and employees. We strive to provide superior service along with comfortable and clean accommodations for all of our guests. We would love for you to give us another chance so we can show you a true Hampton Inn experience. Do not hesitate to call me directly to discuss your concerns. 317-261-1200.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The girl at the desk was not welcoming and had me wait while she took a reservation. A few minutes later Samantha walked in and to my surprise remembered my name and gave me a warm welcome back! i was very pleased with her professionalism and enjoyed her interaction. I stay at this property every once in a while and Samantha is possibly one of the best employees you have!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We love hearing positive things about our employees and Samantha is definitely one of our best! I will make sure this review is passed along to her. We look forward to seeing you again!