“Friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My stay was very pleasant. The staff were, without exception helpful, friendly and accomodating of requests. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast staff were on top of everything, with refills at the ready. The hotel was near shopping and lots of restaurants (with varying menus and prices). I would recommend this Hotel to anyone in town for an event at the stadium or convention center.

Room Tip: Sofa bed in room is a good idea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We are so happy to hear you found our staff accommodating and our breakfast good. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great location in downtown Indianapolis. We asked for a quiet room and got one at the end of the corridor far from the elevator, on the 9th (top) floor. It was certainly quiet, but because the building is over 100 years old, the water temps and pressure are not great. It takes a while to figure out how to get the water temp you want in the shower (it can be dangerously hot) and in the sink we never got water cold enough to drink. Otherwise, everything is fine. The building has been completely renovated, so the only visible hint of its age on the interior are the high ceilings. Everything was clean and the service was excellent. The staff seems very attentive. The breakfast was exactly what you get at every other Hampton Inn, but on the morning I ate breakfast just before the end of serving time, I appreciated the staff member coming to my table to let me know that they were about to remove all the food, in case I wanted anything else. The fitness room and business center are adequate and well-maintained.
You're paying for a downtown location, so the room charges are higher than in a suburban location but you don't get free parking. The free wifi and breakfast are still a bonus over the other, more pretentious chain hotels, though. The adjacent Italian restaurant is a pleasant spot with pretty good food, and one of the very few choices within walking distance of the hotel where your dinner conversation is not shouted down by sportscasters on a gazillion big screens.
Overall a great choice in downtown Indy.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is a stone's throw from the convention center and a major sports complex and s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. I am excited to hear you found our hotel clean and service excellent as that is always our goal. Our historic building was built in 1929 and can sometimes present the water issues you described, however, our maintenance staff works hard to correct these issues when they do occur. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Indianapolis and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The staff was always friendly and accommodating. The location of the hotel was convenient for so many downtown venues. My husband found the complimentary breakfast disappointing, but we enjoyed our stay and our roomy suite.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank MJ67217

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear your husband found our breakfast disappointing, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our breakfast manager. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location. I hope you had a nice visit downtown and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Enjoyed the stay in a large king room with jacuzzi. Nice street view.
The room was comfortable and nice, but didn't seem especially cozy because
it was so large. We stayed on New Year's and it was a bit loud in the halls
with our room being near the elevators.

Room Tip: If staying on a busy day or holiday, choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I hope you enjoyed New Year’s in Indianapolis. Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for an extended weekend. The staff all were very friendly and helpful. In particular, Rodger went above and beyond what was needed to make my stay that much more enjoyable. Shannon in the breakfast area did a wonderful job making me feel comfortable and well fed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark F

We appreciate you taking time to share a review. I am so excited to hear Rodger and Shannon made you feel comfortable during your stay. I will be sure to apss this along to them and the rest of our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located close to shops, the mall, restaurants, etc. Downtown Indy is a vibrant and safe place for families, business travelers, etc. The staff at the hotel desk were very friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable. The lobby is clean and nice, but dated and no check-in/out kiosk or airline check in/boarding pass kiosk. What strikes me first is that although it's in an historic building (theres even mail chutes), the feeble attempts at updating with newer chairs and tables and decor in the lobby were done with low quality, cheap materials.

The room was clean, the tv worked, plenty of towels, linens were clean. A/C worked well and wasn't loud. However, the pillows were tiny and small, clearly dated. The carpet was old and dingy in the room and in the hallway. The hotel hallway smelled musty and old, a bit like stale beer. The shower worked well, good pressure. Vanity was quite small so it was a little hard to get ready. The closet space was odd -- small and short cabinet made it difficult to see my hanging clothes.

The most disappointing was the obvious cost-cutting measures taken in the breakfast area. Decent selection of oatmeal, cereals, juice, bread. But everything was either plastic or paper! a small paper cup for oatmeal, flimsy spoons and knives which made it hard to butter toast, the waffle irons is great but then you have to transfer it to a plastic plate, constantly cutting through the plate. It made it feel cheap and not at all what you would expect for a $140 a night hotel in downtown. Overall, the experience was like a typical cheap hotel in the airport district where they really don't care.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow up with the appropriate departments to resolve the issues you mentioned. The service ware we use with our breakfast is Hampton brand standard and is actually made from potatoes to be very environmentally friendly. I will pass your comments regarding this along to our Hampton brand team as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked a romance package for my wife and I. Everything was absolutely wonderful. The staff and manager went above and beyond my expatations. I thought it was a great deal for price I paid. I will highly recommend this hotel to all my family and friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Robert S I am so glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your warm review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!