“Stay at the Nearby Omni Severin”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn, downtown, near the Convention Center for $125. That was supposedly a "conference rate". A friend stayed at the Omni Severin for $118. I checked online and sure enough, rooms for next week (June 2013) are also $118 ... so much for the "conference rate"! Stay at the Omni, it's a nicer hotel.

I took a red-eye from Seattle and when I booked the room I asked for an early check in. I arrived at 1 pm and was told my room wasn't ready. I had also asked for a quiet room, and when I finally did get a room, it was situated right across from Bankers Life Fieldhouse. They're having a basketball game tonight, there's a band, and it's loud!

The front desk of the Hotel is uninspired. When I left my bag there was a large posted sign absolving the Hotel of any responsibility for your luggage, and it said to take your valuables. The TV didn't have any network channels. When I used the stairs I discovered I could't get back to my room (I'd forgotten something), the doors to the Hotel floors were locked. I finally got outside through an area that looked, and smelled, like a garbage area. I was disappointed the bathroom didn't have a shower cap and the towels smelled funny. They were clean ... maybe just some bad smelling soap? Other than that the room was OK.

Needlesstosay, I'm disappointed with this Hotel. I expected better, but was particularly irritated with the price compared to the Omni Severin. I would probably rate this hotel "average", but the total experience pushed it down to "poor". I hope they have a decent breakfast ....

1  Thank 7ofnine
Adraab10, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hello 7ofnine,

I wanted to follow up on your review of our property by first thanking you for choosing our Hampton Downtown and providing us with some valuable feedback. Guest input is so important for us to continue offering quality rooms and service that is expected as a Hampton brand hotel.

I do apologize that we weren’t able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. Depending on our occupancy at the time, it can dictate when rooms become available. Also, I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the group rate you received, however, I assure you it was a discounted rate from our standard rate and the lowest offered during your stay to guests at our hotel. We are unable to control the rates of our competitors but the $118 rate you found for the Omni was an advanced purchase discount. Beyond those areas, we will look to make our whole team aware of your review so we can continue to remain customer focused and ensure we are offering the top accommodations in Indianapolis.

Once again, thanks for posting some feedback from your visit. Although you didn’t find your stay to be as great as we would’ve liked, we hope you consider staying with us again while in the Indianapolis area. We promise to impress given another chance!

Take Care,

Simon Ghaim

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location, great staff, clean rooms. I come here every year during the Indy 500 weekend. They've just remodeled their 2nd floor restaurant area...it looks nice. Apparently they are updating their lobby as well. Sure, this isn't a 5 star luxury hotel, but its perfect for your downtown stay. The rooms have an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, and work desk. The serve complimentary breakfast (your typical continental breakfast - breads such as toast and bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, etc...If you need an in room safe, you can get one through the front desk. And if your a light sleeper, request to be away from the major streets. Definitely give it a try, the staff make you feel right at home.

1  Thank TBiird
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

The Indy 500 is one of our favorite weekends of the year! We are so excited that you stay with us each year for this event. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. Our lobby and breakfast area renovations will be completed soon and when you come next time you’ll also be able to experience our new Suite Shop. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perfect location for where my training was being held. Close to the mall and restaurants. Under construction right now but this was not an eye sore nor was there any noise. The night clerks are GREAT as well as the Valets.

1  Thank Carmen S

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I hope you had a successful training class and enjoyed our local restaurants and shopping options. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis when you can experience our completed renovation.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn was very enjoyable. Reception at front were very pleasant and helpful. In particular Kyle was most helpful in confirming a problem I had with a shuttle company. It takes a lot of stress off travelling when you can approach reception and nothing is too much trouble in whatever your needs are. Guest laundry available. Free tea/coffee available 24 hours per day. Very helpful with advising Restaurants locally.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor. Convenient to all facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Kyle and our entire team. It is always our goal to exceed guest expectations and make them feel comfortable when traveling. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

my stay was perfectly fine and is the perfect location for the centre of the city. howewer the use of plastic cutlery in the breakfast lounge and limited choice was my biggest problem with my stay. we stayed for 10 days and there always seemed to be a problem with at least 1 of the elevators.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please contact me so we can further discuss your experience. I can be reach via email at simon.ghaim@hilton.com or phone at 1-317-261-1200. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

As with most places in Indianapolis, the staff were friendly and welcoming. Although I am not disabled, I stayed in a room designed for disabled people. I was quite uncomfortable in this room. It seemed large, but the layout did not flow properly. The shower curtain in the shower room didn't provide enough space to bathe, especially with a shower head that was limited in the possible angles of adjustment.
I was on the second floor, and the street/ traffic noise was loud and frequent. The breakfast was quite good, and I appreciated that I could also pick up a brown bag packed with water, fruit, a muffin, and other snacks. But I doubt I would choose to stay here given my impression of the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our ‘on the run’ breakfast bags and hot complimentary breakfast. I apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. Please contact me so I can further discuss this with you, I can be reached via email at simon.ghaim@hilton.com or via phone at 1-317-261-1200. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of it all just off of the circle in downtown Indianapolis. The rooms were spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the service was fantastic. I went this time on business but I will definitely take my family back for a weekend in the city!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear our hotel was a good fit for your business trip and we hope to see you and your family again soon. There are so many exciting things to do in Indianapolis, especially during the summer! Happy travels!