“customer service over the top”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #19 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Dayton, Ohio
“customer service over the top”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The front desk and valet staff were phenomenal. We were greeted and treated as if we were old acquaintances... very friendly and down-to-earth. Courtesy and respect were displayed by staff in response to each request. As for the hotel location - within easy walking distance of great restaurants, city attractions, shopping, and White River State Park. When returning to Indy, this hotel will definitely be a consideration for us, and we will recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so excited to hear we had such a positive experience with us. We truly enjoy getting to know each of our guests and it is always our goal to provide exceptional service. Indianapolis is a great city filled with many different attractions. It sounds like you were able to experience many of them and we hope you’ll be back soon. Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for work. It is within walking distance to shopping and many restaraunts. The hotel is in an old building, which most are in the downtown area. The staff were friendly. Only parking available is valet ($17). My room was clean but it is easy to hear noise in the hall and above/beside you. I would stay here again if in the area because it is so convenient.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay with us while visiting Indianapolis for work. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff and we all hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed while visiting Indianapolis for a volleyball tournament at the convention center. We were greeted at the front desk by Ian who was incredibly friendly, fun and helpful. His attitude was mirrored in everyone we encountered at this hotel and I wish I could name them all. The room was quiet, comfy and more roomy than I expected. Upon checkout, the parking valet returned from the garage with news that our car had a flat tire.The Valet Manager helped me with the service company who came to replace the tire with our small spare and he also helped me find a local place to get our tire repaired. This hotel provided service above and beyond service I've received any any other hotel and I will definitely return the next time I'm in Indy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I'm so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Indianapolis. We hope she and her volleyball team did well! Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff from front desk to valet. We strive each day to exceed the expectations of our guests and we truly enjoy hearing this positive feedback. We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Lexington, KY
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was in for a convention, and the Hampton was a nice choice for me.

April 2013 the breakfast area is under construction, but still useable.

It is near bars that can be loud until midnight, but I did not have any trouble getting to sleep.

All the staff I came in contact with were very helpful.

Room service is through the Hard Rock Cafe across the street, or you can get a 20% discount when you eat / order take away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy the hotel location and our proximity to the convention center exceeded your overall stay experience. I will share your feedback with my staff regarding the great service provided. As you noticed we are in the process if updating our dining area and lobby, which will be completed middle of May 2013. We are very excited on the upgrade and the new look it will bring.
Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Indianapolis.
Wabash
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis last Wednesday night. We arrived at about 8:30 p.m., and we were delighted that the valet was immediately available to park the car. The valet also assisted us with lifting the luggage out of the trunk, and he provided us with a cart. His assistance was efficient, helpful, and friendly.
The desk staff employees were very welcoming, knowledgeable, and gracious. My husband asked for a room on the side or the back of the building. The desk clerk was courteous and accommodating with his requests. We were given an outstanding room on the side of the building. My husband was very pleased with the willingness of the staff to help us with our room requests.
The room was terrific! We had a King sized bed which was wonderful, and it had 5 comfortable pillows. The mattress was a pillowtop, and the sheets were soft and clean. We were able to relax and enjoy the large screen TV. High speed internet was also available in our room. With a thermostat on the wall, we were able to control the room temperature to our choice. The room was clean, spacious, and beautifully organized. The interior design of the room was professional, simple, and yet elegant. The bathroom was very clean with wonderful large white bath towels. The accoutrements were a very pleasant surprise - shampoo, conditioner, skin lotion, mouthwash, make-up remover wipes, face soap, and bath soap. The room was great!!!
The breakfast was tremendous, and we loved it! Our choices were fresh Belgium waffles, omelets, turkey sausage, bacon, and hash brown potatoes. A variety of breads, muffins, and sweet rolls were served as well. Along with pot of hot oatmeal, there were a number of cold cereals choices available. We selected the oatmeal, and it was delicious. A trio of oatmeal toppings were offered such as a scrumptious mix of large raisins, almond slivers, and brown sugar. The meal also included yogurt, fruit, and juices. My husband said that the coffee was the best that he had ever tasted. I enjoyed a large variety of tea choices. With such an tasty assortment of foods and beverages, it was a delicious breakfast.
Before we checked out, we were able to meet Simon Ghaim, the manager of the Hampton Inn. He was very kind, patience, and informative about the hotel and the downtown area. Comfortable accommodations are a very important need in the downtown area because of the large number of events in Indianapolis such as the Super Bowl, Pacers, Colts, Indy 500, other exhibitions, and local attractions. Simon does a wonderful job with customer service and hotel management. It was a pleasure to meet him.
The Hampton Inn is housed in the nine-story Chesapeake Building, a beautifully restored historic structure originally constructed in 1929 to serve as a headquarters for the Big Four Railroad. The location is great!!! Popular restaurants are located in nearby buildings. You may want to try Lorenzo's Ristorante, Hard Rock Cafe, or The Oceanaire Seafood Room. On the side of the building is the parking lot, the Bankers Life Fieldhouse is right across the street which is where the Pacers play. You can literally walk across the street to a Pacers game! Other great places which are nearby include - Indianapolis Zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indiana State Museum located in White River State Park, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Indiana Repertory Theatre, Circle Centre Mall, Lucas Oil Stadium - Home of the Indianapolis Colts, Indianapolis Indians / Victory Field, IUPUI Campus / Indiana-University Natatorium, Canal & White River State Park District, and the Monument Circle.
We found the Hampton Inn to be a wonderful place to stay in Indianapolis. We can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: On one side of the building is the Circle Center Mall, across the street is the Hard Rock Cafe, on t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It is always our goal to provide the best service possible. I am very happy and very excited that our staff beginning from valet when you’re arrived to our front desk and breakfast staff exceeded your expectations. I will share your complements with my staff on a job well done.
Thank you again for a very nice compliment and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Indianapolis.
Wabash
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Hampton Inn is housed in the nine-story Chesapeake Building, a beautifully restored historic structure originally constructed in 1929 to serve as a headquarters for the Big Four Railroad. The location is great!!! Popular restaurants are located in nearby buildings. You may want to try Lorenzo's Ristorante, Hard Rock Cafe, or The Oceanaire Seafood Room. On the side of the building is the parking lot, the Bankers Life Fieldhouse is right across the street which is where the Pacers play. Other great places which are nearby include - Indianapolis Zoo, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indiana State Museum located in White River State Park, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Indiana Repertory Theatre, Circle Centre Mall, Lucas Oil Stadium - Home of the Indianapolis Colts, Indianapolis Indians / Victory Field, IUPUI Campus / Indiana-University Natatorium, Canal & White River State Park District, and the Monument Circle.

Room Tip: One side of the building faces the Circle Center Mall, the front of the building is across the stree...
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice downtown hotel,rooms were very clean and staff from top to bottom is one of the best I've experienced. This hotel is pretty much walking distance to everything, I would definitely stay here again and thanks again Roger

• Stayed March 2013
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to learn the cleanliness of our guest rooms and the service provided by our staff exceed your overall experience. I have shared your comment with Roger and our entire team.
Thank you for a great feedback and look forward to serving you soon!