“Excellent service, close to convention center!” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre
Ranked #15 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Berkley, Michigan
“Excellent service, close to convention center!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel to Indianapolis each year for my annual convention. Proximity to the convention center is key, along with receiving a great value from my hotel! Hampton Inn provides exactly what I'm looking for during my stay, and it is now our hotel of choice whenever we travel to Indianapolis.

Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an easy walk any where you would like to go. Two blocks to the convention center, one block to Bankers Life Fieldhouse, a couple blocks to the CIrcle Centre Mall, and maybe a 10 minute walk to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Hotels are very clean with comfortable beds. Check in is always a breeze, and I love the complimentary breakfast. Except eggs, potatoes, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagels, made to order waffles, coffee and juice. The only thing the hotel doesn't have is room service. However if you are having a late night craving, there are several restaurants right outside your door along with a Steak and Shake if you're really desperate!

Overall, the courteous staff and extremely comfortable rooms are the reasons why we stay here every year for our annual convention!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy the hotel location and our proximity to the convention center exceeded your overall stay experience. I will share your feedback with my staff regarding the great service provided and your mention of our clean rooms. I also want to mention the Hard rock café and Lorenzo restaurant located next to our hotel provide room delivery service with extensive menu choices. Please let us know on your next visit so we can give you more information on this unique room service.
Thank you for your great feedback and look forward to serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wife and I were looking for a one night anniversary trip. We both like Circle Center Indianapolis and it's only a two hour drive so decision made. We weren't looking for an elaborate expensive hotel we wanted it close to Circle Center. Hampton is our favorite Hotel Brand already and Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown did not let me down. I would say the desk were the friendliest I've ever run into and the Valet service outstanding. Room was a Hampton room good as ever just no view for the King rooms. Here is the best part where ever you are going you are probably close. Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium, all kinds of restaurants, Crackers comedy club and of course Circle Center Shopping Mall. The Zoo and Victory Field might be a little further but not a bad hike in fair weather. I'll Be BACK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric M
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience about our hotel and the friendly front desk service.
Your feedback is very appriciated and look forward to accomodating you on your next travel to Indianapolis.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recently had to spent a week at the Hampton Inn while I was in Indianapolis for business. I had a great stay, the room was very clean and keep clean, and the staff was amazing. I was referred to several restaurants by Ian, and they were all great. I had a wonderful time. Thanks everyone and thanks Ian.

1 Thank Tammy D
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn downtown during your recent stay. We like to create a memorable experience for our guests and I am happy to hear the cleanliness of our guest room and the service provided by our staff was to your expectation. I have shared your feedback with our staff and like to take this opportunity to say Thank you.
We lookforward to accommodating you on your next travel to Indy.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My stay began when my husband was life flighted to Indianapolis. With so much unsure and where to turn I booked a suite at Hampton, basically due to them having a shuttle because I was going to be without a vehicle. Little did I know I would be staying 9 days. The employees at this location became my family. They showed so much concern, compassion, and kindness. Even shared a few laughs which helped my spirits. When it came time to check out, was at the hospital and my sister backed up for me, the employees there sen messages of: your going to be missed and best wishes. I will stay at this location again again. Hampton you should be very proud of each and everyone of these employees....I know I was.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Momkuhr
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn downtown during your recent stay. I am happy to hear our staff exceeded your expectation during such a challenging situation. I do remember speaking with you prior to your departure and have shared your kind words with my team. We look forward to serving you soon, and hopefully under different circumstance.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel over Christmas break since we were throwing a bachelorette party in Downtown Indianapolis. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They gave us passes for free covers to a local club. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is located very close to several great bars and restaurants. A free breakfast was provided the next morning. It was a standard selection of cereal, fruit, bagels, and waffles. Check out was a breeze. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank courtneyjestes
I appreciate you taking the time to sharing your feedback. I am excited to hear you found our rooms clean and comfortable and enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. It is always our goal to provide friendly and helpful service. I hope you and your friends had a great time downtown.
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This year, I stayed in a suite, with a king size bed and a sofa bed. Only cost around $120. When you add on the free breakfast, it remains a great deal. The front desk is consistenty friendly and helpful.

The amenities are decent, not great, and the sheets and towels perhaps not the quality that you would receive in a finer hotel.

The only downside to me is if you are attending events in the convention center, you do need to go out in the cold to get there. Most of the nicer hotels in downtown Indianapolis are easliy accessed via indoor access, so you need not venture outside. When the stores in the Centre Mall were open before, you could hop accross the street and go indoors the whole way to the convention center. Now, with the stores being shut down, you need to walk in the snow for a block to get to the mall entrance to insure yourself a warm walk to the convention center.

Room Tip: Although 701 was a suite, you could hear the elevator bells go on everytime the door opened, but it...
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank DT808
Thank you for your candid review during your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value included with the service provided. It is our goal to provide a consistent experience with each of our guests stay. It is unfortunate Nordstrom a previous tenant of circle centre mall relocated to the north side of Indianapolis. Thankfully, spring is around the corner and we are hopeful a new tenant will occupy the space soon.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here on a Sunday night prior to a Monday morning meeting. I was upgraded to a suite and was made the "guest of the day". Very nice touch - I just wish I'd get those things when staying more than one night at Hamptons! The hotel itself is a little older, but very well kept and has the standard Hampton stuff: Clean, comfortable beds and a pretty good breakfast in the morning. Check in and check out was smooth and easy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank gardentraveler1
Simon G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown Across from Circle Centre, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear, gardentraveler1

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appriciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope you had a productive meeting on Monday and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Indianapolis.