“Very comfortable bed!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
Ranked #39 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel near Christmas time.

Pluses:
- bed was incredibly comfortable
- balcony doors open to outside for fresh air
- quiet location, convenient to interstate but far enough away to be protected from traffic sounds
- good coffee in the mornings
- nice wine at the managers reception

Minuses:
- room decor quite dated
- very small tv
- hotel over run by small children (numerous birthday celebrations going on?)
- breakfast mediocre

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We needed a last minute reservation when we decided to go down for the Big Ten championship game. Even though we were quite a ways from downtown Indy (10-15 miles?), we were able to get cab service. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have a homemade breakfast from Lassandra, which I was very much looking forward to after reading the reviews. But the chef that was there did a great job. I didn't sample the omelett, but I had French Toast and it was excellent. They have a nice breakfast spread including coffee and juice, bagels and doughnuts, cereal, a hot buffet with eggs, fried potatoes, fruit, yogurt, pancakes, bacon and sausage. It's a nice breakfast and sitting in the atrium is very pleasant. The rooms are fine, we had a King suite with a pullout. I slept on the pullout and it actually wasn't that bad. The rooms are nice and big, there's a bar sink in the sitting room and another sink with mirror in the bedroom which is nice when you have several people staying together. The staff was great as everyone else mentioned. My only complaint would be that the elevators are slow and seem to stop at random floors where there is no one to pick up. If you're on the 8th flooor as we were it's a bit annoying. Other than that, I recommend this hotel. Seems like a good place for families although I was just there with friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2011

A last minute reservation didn't get me the best room but I did get a room which was great considering there were three adults and 4 grandkids in the group. The room was a bit dated compared to the new Embassy Suites in Louisville we stayed in over the summer but it was servicable and clean. One 4 year old was awake at 5:30 a.m. so we headed to the lobby to walk around. The staff prepping for breakfast were pleasant and let us wander around as they worked. Another big plus is the deli/ restaraunt that is just across the parking lot. GREAT "food to go" for kids and adults.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
mparnella, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I agree that we have a tremendous staff and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Mark Parnella

Reviewed December 2, 2011

For 10 years my company has used the Embassy Suites for business meetings and sleeping rooms several days per year. How can you give a better recommendation than 10 years of repeat business spending thousands of dollars for meetings? Staff is wonderful, sleeping and meeting rooms are great, location is exceptional with close proximity to restaurants and Interstate, and recent updates to the pool are well received. We did notice some roof leakage in the atrium area and the pool area was in need of cleaning-dirty floor and open storage of pool equipment.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Excellent Hotel and Staff everyone is so friendly and willing to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I would like to make one comment in particular about an employee by the name of Lassandra. Lassandra is the breakfast chef. When I come to Indy for business I stay at your hotel because of her famous breakfast omelets and her wonderful smile. Her cooking reminds me of my mothers cooking, thanks Lassandra for bringing those memories back.

Paul Carter
Regional Sales Manager

2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The staff at this hotel are great. The location is convenient for my work when I am in Indianapolis so it is a treat to stay with such a friendly and positive staff. Lassandra does a terrific job in the mornings with breakfast even when things get super busy. Debbie at the front desk is so warm that you forget that it is beginning to get cold outside.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The staff makes this hotel. I stay out twice a week at different hotels and everytime i stay at this hotel they all know me by name. From check in with Zack, and Debbie to happy hour with Mark. Room service with Sarah and Whispers with Kiesha. Everyone is supper nice and always treat you like family. I have been staying here for 3 years and wouldnt stay any place else. The rooms are nice but could use a tv upgrade.