“great service, especially the morning cook!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
Ranked #39 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I use this Embassy Suite regularly for business purposes because the staff and service is excellent and I particularly appreciate the morning cook Lassandra because no matter the morning traffic she gives everyone individual attention and my order is "always" as I request.

You all have a "Great Team" at this location!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The hotel of choice for our Indy business travels. Staff treats guests like family, notably, our breakfast chef, Lassandra. She has a way of making every customer feel special and at the same time accurately and efficiently handle our breakfast orders.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Top notch staff who care, and try to accommodate with requests. I've stayed at other Embassy's before and after, and have not stayed at one I'd call home more than this location. Definitely feel comfortable and relaxed walking in the door after a long hard day.

One nice touch here is that the door curtains close completely over the front door, giving complete privacy, unlike some.

Lassandra is a absolutely wonderful asset (and has great suggestions when you are too tired in the morning to think of what you want.)

I know some will complain about the hydraulic elevators being slow (they are, but at least they work), and some touch ups needed here or there. I know that I was moved without an issue when the HVAC unit stopped working.

Room Tip: Speak with the staff about your room wants.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2011

For the last 5 weeks I have stayed at the Embassy Suites north. I have had the absolute best service of any hotel I have stayed in this year. Since I travel for a living, I have stayed in many different hotels, some good, some not so much. The staff at this hotel has been outstanding. Sherrin, Cody and Zack have all been great. Their willingness to go the extra mile for their guests has really impressed me and that is not easy to do. This is the first time I have bothered to fill out a review if it was not filled out in disgust or anger. For me that says it all.
Also, the breakfast service is outstanding.. Lassandra and her crew are simply fabulous. Lassandra has been the ultimate embodiment of, Service with a smile. Not only does she make a mean omlette, she never loses her smile no matter how busy she is and I can tell you on some days I dont know how she managed it.
Over all I rate this hotel far above any others. This is to include the Hilton Hotels, the Embassy Suites, the Marriots and lastly the Holiday Inn expresses I have stayed in this year. This hotel offers the perfect blend of accomadations and outstanding customer service. Ifyou like being pampered this is the hotel for you.

Steven Stefanu

Room Tip: Ask for rooms numbers ending in 26 to 36.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Lassandra who cooks the complimentary breakfasts in the morning always greets me by name with a big smile. Absolute treasure. She sets the tone for a great day.
Ryan who works the front desk is super-friendly and always makes you feel right at home when you check in, even at 530 on Monday mornings he is always upbeat. Great folks.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Hello. This hotel was not as great as posted in this site. We have stayed at many Embassy suites in the past and were very disappointed with this hotel. We requested a low floor prior to check in and when we verified this hotel on out way down, we were told the only rooms were the third floor and up. The entire 2nd floor was being cleaned (or so we thought). We checked into our room and I wanted one with a balcony that opened outside. The hotel cooperated and granted us that wish.

However, the wish would put us up one floor. We gave it thought and said yes. We checked in and went out to eat. Upon our return, we turned on the lights in our room and were horrified at the stains on the couch, bugs behind the microwave and a big dent in the door. I was very apprehensive about sleeping in this room so we asked to be moved. There were no other rooms available since they were full the night before. They only cleaned a small amount of rooms so we really had to either stay in this room or continue looking for another room or even another location. Sharon called the Homestead Inn down the street since they too were Hiltons, but their rates were quite high. So we went and again to move to another room. (This was 4 times now and 2 were my choices and 2 were due to the unclean rooms that we were put in at first.

Monday afternoon we went into the pool. That was another misfortune as the pool had some like foam or fiberglass at the bottom. When I went up the stairs, I grabbed the railing and it came right out of the cement. It was very broken and I cannot believe it was missed. I was furious at all the issues and requested to speak to a manager. He came into the pool and we pointed out all the issues and all the other problems experienced by us at this facility. The manager offered to pay for a night stay for us but really offered no apology only that the hotel was booked solid over the weekend by a team of soccer players ( I am not sure what this has to do with all our issues, but that was his answer).

We decided to leave and find another hotel on Tuesday and when we checked out, the free night was on our bill but NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL expressed any apology for all the issues we dealt with at this hotel. I am not sure why we were not worth their time but I found this to be very disturbing by a huge hotel chain as this one.

The ONLY good point about this hotel was the breakfast bar and the wonderful cook Lassandra. She was the sunshine on a rainy day and she cooked ALL of our breakfast to meet our every need. She was very happy and I could tell she loved her job very much. I think she was one of the assets of this hotel and I hope she receives recognition. Another person who made our stay comfortable was Rhonda who cleared our table and we talked a great deal with her. She is one very proud mom to her kids. The third individual who made the stay worthwhile was the bird Sweetie. She was very sweet and we enjoyed seeing her when we went down the reception area. Other then that, there was not too much more to say about this hotel!!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators...loud!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hartsada
Ashley L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

We are truly apologetic that you did not enjoy your time with us here at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North. We would like to thank you for taking the time to express your feelings during your time here with us. I would like to inform you that since your time here at the hotel we have renovated all of our guests suites and will start a full atrium renovation in Dec 2016. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future and hopefully you will consider staying with us again. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance on your next travels to Indianapolis.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

excellent value for family or business. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, including the desk staff, the bartenders, and especially Lassandra, the sweet lady who cooks the complimentary breakfasts.

Room Tip: ask for 7th 0r 8th floors facing west
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business