Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
$259
$223
$189
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchendelivery optionsqueen bedfront desksuper closeflat screen tvsmall kitchenettean extended stayindoor poollaundry roomnice place to staynice roomtwo nightsbeds were comfortablerestaurants and shoppingoff the highwaycookware
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had stayed at the hotel for a cheerleading event in the winter and knew it would be perfect for my daughter's wedding. We were able to get rooms next to each other and this made it very easy for the group to join in the kitchen area and head up for all the various wedding functions. It is close to downtown. The hotel is quiet with comfortable beds. (pillows bring your own as they are not the best). The full kitchen and wide tables are very handy. To us it felt like we were in a small apartment which was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We rented a studio suite for 4 nights while visiting relatives. We checked in late (no problem with their system - the key was in a lock box) and had asked for a quiet room - which is just what we got, 3rd floor at the end of the hall. Even with the hotel being completely full the first two nights, we had no issue with noise. Also, our room faced the more residential part of the neighborhood so we could open the window without traffic noise from the highway. The room seemed very new and was very clean. A few drawbacks: had to move the bed away from the wall a bit to provide access on both sides. The studio is rather small, so we had just a desk that had to double as a dining table. We just cooked breakfast in the room, but still had to clear that desk off each time as there was not another table. Could have used a bit more silverware and plates/cups (just two of everything).

The staff was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed the free pass to Lifetime Fitness. All in all, a nice place to stay and I'd go back again.

Room Tip: ask for the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to post this pleasant review of our Candlewood Suites. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory and I think next time you stay you should try our One Bedroom Suite. Our one bedroom suite is a lot more spacious than our studio suite. It has a separate bedroom from the living area, two different plasma televisions, and more kitchen utensils (Plastic cups, plates, bowls, forks, etc) [4 of everything] We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Thanks, again!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a trip from Kansas City, MO to Hershey, PA. I felt safe and comfortable here. This was my first time to Indianapolis. The surrounding area looks pretty nice and there are plenty of dining options. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it took a long time for the heater to kick on, the heater had a sort of "burnt smell" for a little while but it eventually went away. There was a little wear-and-tear in the room but that is to be expected in a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us a good rating. We apologize for the heater having a burnt smell and taking a little longer to kick on. We will look into checking all ac/heater units on a daily basis so that this issue will not happen again. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention! We look forward to having you as a guest with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was so comfortable here. It was like living in a studio apartment. My kitchen had been upgraded recently, and the bed was perfect. You get your choice of foam or feather pillows, and the mattress is firm with a nice, plush pillowtop mattress cover.

The room has a recliner near the bed along with a desk and chair. The TV turns so you can watch it from the bed/recliner or desk. The desk is near an ethernet port (cord provided). If your laptop's ethernet jack is on the left side, you may want to bring your own, as the cord is a bit short. I used the wireless instead of the cord (the internet is free).

The kitchen was stocked with dishes, cookware, silverware, and cooking utensils. The fridge had a pitcher, and the freezer had an ice maker. There is also a dishwasher, range top, and microwave (no oven). The hotel provides all supplies, like trash bags, paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, scrub brushes, all sizes of towels and dishrags, etc. When I opened the microwave, I saw they'd left a microwave baking dish and some popcorn! The coffee maker comes with two packs of coffee.

The bathroom is stocked with the usual shampoo/conditioner, hand soap, bath soap, and all sizes of towels. In the closet, you'll find a laundry basket (laundry is free, but they charge for soap).

If you don't want to go grocery shopping, or end up with a late-night craving for something you don't have, they have a 24-hour "cupboard" that works on the honor system. You can either leave money in the slot or fill out a little card with your room number and the price(s) of the item(s) you took so they can charge it to your room. Everything is priced like a grocery store, not like a mini-bar. You'll only pay 50 cents for a snack instead of $6. Cans of soda are $1. There's even ice cream and microwave meals.

The windows have black-out curtains, and the windows open. If you're on the side near the interstate, though, I wouldn't recommend opening the windows. It is LOUD. I couldn't even hear my TV. It just goes to show how great those windows are, though. Once I shut my window, I couldn't hear a thing. It was like I was in the middle of nowhere. I got a great night's sleep every night, thanks to the quiet and the comfy bed.

You can control the heat/air via a thermostat on the wall, and there's an option to leave the fan on all night.

If you get bored, they have CDs, DVDs, books, and games you can check out (for free). This would be great for families who don't want to bring the entire toy closet with them.

I was extremely pleased with the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Everyone said hello to me, even the maintenance men and housekeeping. I will definitely stay here if I'm in town for business again. I'm thinking about checking out Candlewood Suites for my upcoming vacations; that's how pleased I was. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you want to open the windows, ask for a room on the opposite side of the interstate.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to write all of these great comments about our Candlewood Suites! We are very pleased that everything we had to offer was of use to you! We strive for a "Home Away From Home" feel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Convenient location in the NW. Excellent staff. Spacious suites. Basic style.
Very close to the highway although getting from the exit to the hotel is non-intuitive - you may use directions from the hotel, or website, or use a GPS.

Room Tip: Walking distance to a couple of restaurants, and a short driving distance to others restaurants and stores.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Indianapolis.