Open today: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience The Eiteljorg Museum
All reviews western art native americans american west paintings and sculptures underground parking permanent collection within walking distance culture indiana admission
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

I love this museum and have visited several times. There is always something new to see, and the special exhibits are typically enough to draw me in for another visit.

This was our first visit to during the Indian Market & Festival. I’m not a fan of crowded events where I can’t get close to what I came to see. Not the case at the Eiteljorg. The setup keeps the foot traffic spread out and allows for casual browsing with most vendors.

I recommend attending during the festival, but if you haven’t seen the permanent exhibits, don’t wait till next year’s festival to make the trip.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 19, 2019

This museum is a gem! We found it on a whim when we made a quick visit to Indy to meet with friends. Weather was rainy so I needed indoor activities for the kids. The paintings are phenomenal and even held my children's attention. The kids area was very cute and informative and my little boy enjoyed creating his own totem pole. So many interesting and beautiful Native American clothing/pottery/baskets. You can learn the difference between a tipi and wigwam, build your own mini tipi, bang a drum, and learn so much! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Whoever designed this museum should be complimented. Beautifully designed. Interesting exhibits, perfectly spaced and paced. Amazing collection. Spent more time than we had planned because it was so interesting. Volunteer at desk was really informative. We ate in the cafe and it was delicious. Nice museum shop, too. Never expected a great museum in Indianapolis.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

This wasn’t on our list to do but with many things closed Monday and Tuesday we went in. It was an enjoyable time looking at the old and new art

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Do you like Frederic Remington? Are indigenous tribal art and artifacts interesting to you? How about a nice cafe with a river view. This museum has it all. I’m so glad our plane was delayed so we had time to spend here.

Date of experience: April 2019