“A fave.”

The Eiteljorg Museum
Ranked #9 of 173 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The museum houses Indian artifacts, as well as works by famous Western artists.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you want to see some amazing Native American culture don't miss this place. One of the best collections in the world. You can't help but appreciate the culture, society and sophisticated work of the First Nation people groups. Very calming atmosphere with the subtle music in the background.

There are newer reviews for The Eiteljorg Museum

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Well organized and thoughtfully crafted for visitors. The delightful and tasty museum cafe is worth a pause, as well.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

There is a wide variety of western art, paintings, sculptures, photographs. The exhibit and history of Indian tribes on the 2nd floor was very interesting and educational. Did not go to the children's area. We almost skipped the guitar exhibit but decided to just go through very quickly, so glad we did as we got to see Buddy Holly's guitar. The museum gift shop was very good I found several good children's books. We asked and they validated our parking ticket when we bought our admission tickets. The parking garage was very convenient, ample space, and good signage.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm not sure what I expected, but we weren't too thrilled. We went to the Guitar exhbit. I think we would have enjoyed it more if we splurged for the musical tour with IPOD. Since we didn't have one, the other's that did slowed our progress.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The museum wasn't quite up to what I was expecting. The artwork and sculptures were great and displayed professionally, although there were few pieces of other art associated with the early western peoples. I was expecting more pieces of pottery, beads, and other native art. I attended at a time when the guitar exhibit was open and it was great. I enjoyed the display and the collection of instruments. I did not find the staff very helpful. I was not welcomed when I came into the front of the building and was not given any helpful instructions about the museum at all. I noticed audio numbers in the building, but was not informed about any audio devices. It is worth a visit and hopefully additions will be made to the collection in due time.