“Lots of great native american pieces”

The Eiteljorg Museum
Ranked #9 of 175 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The museum houses Indian artifacts, as well as works by famous Western artists.
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I think I saw more northwest native american pieces than I see here in the northwest- also great bronzes and the seasonal train display was terrific

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I live near by and didn't realize what a local gem this place really was. I was invited to a private ladies luncheon there and WOW - what a pleasant surprise. Jingle Rails holiday exhibit is a MUST see and the art gallery, the gift shop and the area for young children were exceptional. One young boy was begging his grand parents to bring him back after they went to grab some lunch at the local McDonald's.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We went to the museum specifically to see this model train exhibit. Absolutely amazing - fantastic detail on all the creations. I think it may only be on display during the holidays though - so plan accordingly.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

emphasis is on the collector and not on the native makers, which is difficult for me to tolerate. this museum privileges 'philanthropy' over weavers, potters, or makers.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Whenever we want to impress visitors with the quality of Indianapolis' cultural renaissance, we take them to this excellent art museum. The adobe style building itself is a beautiful work of art that is a most appropriate setting for a large and wonderful collection of American West and Amercan Indian art. The space and lighting is very professionally designed. I noticed no harsh light or glare on any of the paintings or sculptures. Since many of the exhibits change, return trips offer new and interesting items as well as the favorites in the permanent collections. Even those who told me that they don't care for "stuffy, high toned, old world art" said that they enjoyed this art museum.