“Good brazilian restaurant”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,409 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Pennsylvania St.
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently went to this restaurant with my husband, we have been to other restaurants of this type before. This was not the best one, but overall was very good food.
I think the caipirinhas were too sweet, not enough cachaca for each one, and very expensive.
The food is always good, but some meats are better at other restaurants of this type, specially outside of the USA.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have always had a good experience here. Go for lunch and get the same menu at a lower price. The salmon on the salad bar might be my favorite, even more than the steak. I always try to save room for all the delicious sides like polenta and fried plantains while my husband pretty much sticks to the steak.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This experience was so much more than I had expected! The food was amazing!! Everything I tried on the buffet was delicious, and all the meat was mouth watering! The staff was incredibly nice and friendly! I would not recommend coming here for a first date as the noise level was high and it is very hectic with all the staff going from table to table. My husband and I went for our anniversary and had a blast! I had originally planned for us to go to Ruth's Chris, but once I looked at their menu and saw that a single steak cost as much as your whole dining experience at Fogo, I changed my mind! I would love to go again and have already recommended it to several friends!YUM!!

1  Thank nicole4790
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went here w/my hubby&it did not disappoint. A fun experience w/good food. Definitely worth a visit! Might want to pass if a vegetarian though;)

1  Thank Funtravelgal
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Can't think of a negative thing- even vegetarians can make a wonderful meal from the salad bar while their omnivore companions stuff themselves. Don't miss the lamb chops. They participate in Devour Downtown so you can try the restaurant for $35 vs the usual $50 but I would recommend you suck it up and spend the full price. We think there are different items on the meat offerings during Devour. There is still plenty but if you have your heart set on a particular item go during regular times. You won't be sorry!