“Wow!!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,359 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Pennsylvania St.
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Burlington, Indiana
“Wow!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This experience was so much more than I had expected! The food was amazing!! Everything I tried on the buffet was delicious, and all the meat was mouth watering! The staff was incredibly nice and friendly! I would not recommend coming here for a first date as the noise level was high and it is very hectic with all the staff going from table to table. My husband and I went for our anniversary and had a blast! I had originally planned for us to go to Ruth's Chris, but once I looked at their menu and saw that a single steak cost as much as your whole dining experience at Fogo, I changed my mind! I would love to go again and have already recommended it to several friends!YUM!!

1 Thank nicole4790

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth it”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went here w/my hubby&it did not disappoint. A fun experience w/good food. Definitely worth a visit! Might want to pass if a vegetarian though;)

1 Thank Funtravelgal
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Don't eat before you visit”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Can't think of a negative thing- even vegetarians can make a wonderful meal from the salad bar while their omnivore companions stuff themselves. Don't miss the lamb chops. They participate in Devour Downtown so you can try the restaurant for $35 vs the usual $50 but I would recommend you suck it up and spend the full price. We think there are different items on the meat offerings during Devour. There is still plenty but if you have your heart set on a particular item go during regular times. You won't be sorry!

• Visited January 2013
Canada
“Inacreditável comida, maravilhosa bastão”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Please forgive my Brazilian Portuguese, but I hope the above says "Incredible meal, wonderful staff". This was one of my favorite meals out for a long time. The choices of meat (I believe there were 16) plus the excellent side dishes and salad bar make for a very satisfying dining experience. Without a doubt one of the top restaurants in all of Indy. All I can say is pace yourself, if you don't flip that little card over to red now and again, you will fade quickly. It is a nice place to go in a group as the experience is best shared with others. It is a very familial atmosphere and you get the feel that you are all eating together in someone's very generous home. Needless to say, it is a meat-eaters paradise. I will be back there again when back in Indy.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ShareTheWorld
Nashville, Indiana
“What an amazing dinner!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

All the food is wonderful, but save room for the meat! The beef ribs are so tender, you can cut them with a fork and have to scoop them up. Just smash them off the roof of your mouth with your tongue and swallow. No chewing required. The sevice is excellent and very little wait with a reservation. Valet parking is worth the $8, especially in the rain. Kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for. Wonderful place for a special occasion.

1 Thank Matt S